Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'03 IFMAR 8th Scale On-Road Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by slowhand
It's true that his only sponsors at this moment (for GP racing) only comes from his Dad's VISA/ Master cards

Originally posted by slowhand

Hope you enjoyed the Worlds... I know I did ... Collari wins and Surikarn's performance ...

I really like this sentense !..
Old 09-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by EVOLUTION

Tell Surikan that "You cant smoke others with an EP" so he should do more GP racing and not to worry if it is too dirty!
Old 09-22-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by MrChan

I don't know about engine but if he really used OS MAX to enter to A Main, We may have to think twice when we want to buy a new engine. Because 1/8 OS MAX Engine is not that powerful .

Yeh,that's what i thought but someone said that on the grid so we await Slowhand's conformation.

MrChan,

Did salven have any radio problems??
Old 09-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Tech Elite

MrChan,

This is what I wanted to ask too ...

I'm thinking that Salven might be a right person to design the car but he might not a right person to race for serpent . I think Serpent need a talented driver like Surikarn !! ..... Serpent goes and grap surikarn and pay a high salary to him !! then he can represent of 1/10 EP(X-RAY), 1/10 GP (705) and 1/8 (950S 950 Surikarn Edition )
Old 09-22-2003, 01:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is what I wanted to ask too ...

I'm thinking that Salven might be a right person to design the car but he might not a right person to race for serpent . I think Serpent need a talented driver like Surikarn !! ..... Serpent goes and grap surikarn and pay a high salary to him !! then he can represent of 1/10 EP(X-RAY), 1/10 GP (705) and 1/8 (950S 950 Surikarn Edition )
The only way you can get Surikan is if you abduct him,and i know serpent is desperate enough !!!

I hope Mugen give him a contract before someone else snaps him up.Maybe we can look forward to a MRX4 surikan edition.
Old 09-22-2003, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

The only way you can get Surikan is if you abduct him,and i know serpent is desperate enough !!!

I hope Mugen give him a contract before someone else snaps him up.Maybe we can look forward to a MRX4 surikan edition.

But you can imagine, Serpent just fired out the old serpent driver, x-ray driver ... just pay a very high salary for Surikarn ..then He can race from every scale and every car that serpent had ... Put "S" after very model ...become Surikarn Edition and Put the word BIG BIG one " Designed by Salven , Improved and Raced by Surikarn "

Have you seen Surikarn ''s driving before ?
Old 09-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

But you can imagine, Serpent just fired out the old serpent driver, x-ray driver ... just pay a very high salary for Surikarn ..then He can race from every scale and every car that serpent had ... Put "S" after very model ...become Surikarn Edition and Put the word BIG BIG one " Designed by Salven , Improved and Raced by Surikarn "

Have you seen Surikarn ''s driving before ?
Hahaha,MrChan you are too evil !!!

Do you mean they fired Burch,maybe Salven is next?

Yeh,i saw surikan running his mtx3 in a small video,he is awesome !!!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the info,hope you can give us more when you get it?

Tell Surikan that "You cant smoke others with an EP" so he should do more GP racing and not to worry if it is too dirty!
No probs . I will post it as soon as I hear from them.
As a matter of fact, Surikarn did enjoy GP racing more and had mentioned this on several occasions. Perhaps he mentioned this in public during his interview with Ray Wood at the Reedy Race in Jakarta in 2002. But I am not too sure, have to check the video ..
That's why he is so determined to go the Worlds, knowing the fact that he would miss the practice, the first day qualifying etc. They planned this trip over a year ago... This is what many of us like about him.. He's still (more or less) the same like Surikarn before becoming a World Champion. Just enjoy the racing..Just Do It... He hasn't become like some RC celebrities who we'd normally see...i.e. trying to protect their images, performances and being so selective with the races they attend ....
I have seen many top/ good drivers who would never run anyother cars except their own, because they are too afraid if people are watching them not performing as well.
A few months back, Surikarn was in Sydney Winter Nats, he was supposed to race only EP Touring, but he also brought his GP Touring. The organizer was extremely pleased with such unexpected 'gift'. The most entertaining one was one, they asked him if he would also race the Tamiya Mini Class, and he did... he borrowed one of participant standard Mini and drove the wheel off ... I think he didn't win the Mini class..but he didn't care... because the crowds enjoyed it ....
Old 09-22-2003, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

I didn't say that

Old 09-22-2003, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Hahaha,MrChan you are too evil !!!

Yeh,i saw surikan running his mtx3 in a small video,he is awesome !!!
MrChan ran with Surikarn before.... hehe..
Surikarn is our Asian RC hero now.. yay!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

I didn't say that

Too late MrChan,the serpent mafia will be knocking on your door any minute now !!!

slowhand,

Surikan killed them at the winternats with his mtx3,he had them lapped very quickly.I hope he can race GP more and even better if he continues racing the mugen cars,get him a contract.
Old 09-22-2003, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Yeh,that's what i thought but someone said that on the grid so we await Slowhand's conformation.
MrChan,
Ok, I will let you know when I know. But as far as I know Kawahara likes Nova derived engines (Rex, Mega, Top etc.) for 1:8th Racing. But they like Nova (RB) more in 1:10GP and they modify the best OS .12 engines, better than MSpeed (in my opinion) as MSpeed is too expensive, but not so much better than others.

As for Salven, well..at least this time it's not radio problem (I read this from one of the posts) -- just copying ...
Old 09-22-2003, 02:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Vinyard

Surikan is da man !!!
Old 09-22-2003, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Default Slowhand

Are you thai ?
Old 09-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Vinyard
Aiyo ... like that !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.