local hobby shop. Even if the LHS is a little more expensive,
don't you think it is worth to have that person to person
help when you are stuck? Are those ebayers and internet
stores there when you need a hand? Answer: NO

Good luck.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

after you got your oring sorted out I always found that these engine dont like to run to lean, if I can recall the low set was nearly flush with the housing and the high set was just under flush. if you havent sorted it already give this setting a go first up and adjust you high set first until its screaming and not much should be adjusted on the low end to get your take off, also keep you idle in check wth your idle screw.its frustraing at the start but rewarding when its tuned and running well.
cheers
Old 11-24-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Nitromontreal, I tried 5 of my LHS including the people I purchased the car from to help me sort this problem and not one of them knew what the heck was going on with it!! I had to figure it out for my self!! I just hope your LHS over there have a better idea of nitro cars than here... yes some LHS are very good and offer expert advice but some are just downright hopeless at times
Old 11-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Have you sealed the carb with RTV. Mine had an air leak and was running real hot and lean bogging. Sealed the carb and richened both needles (because it runs best rich) and the car runs great. This was on a GT2. Car won the B-main at Vegas the day after purchase/break in and carb seal.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

the igt gas tank is the problem it leak from the lid i did an xtm x-terminator gas tank swap my car no leaking no more
Old 01-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I checked my GT2 engine and the high speed setting is 2 turns out from completely closed. Be sure to run no higher than 20% nitro and a hot plug is a good idea with the cooler weather. Plus a hot plug is easier to tune than and colder plug. If nothing seems to work then I suggest that you pull your high speed and low speed mixture screws out and replace the Orings. The part # is 74023-17 and I have them in stock if you can't find them.

My low speed mixture setting is slightly in from flush with the carb body. I did not turn it in to see how many turns out it is.

Lee
Old 01-04-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just want to say that all the posts cover the areas that you need to check. However, if you have been turning needles for days, there is always the possibility that you could have torqued one of them closed too hard and ruined the needle seat. If everything else fails, keep this in mind. A damaged needle seat would require you to purchase a new carb.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Hello! I have really big problem with this engine. I had the stall effect and no settings of the carb can make it run normal, but I changed few types of plugs and now works good. But the problem I have is this:
I have very nice acceleration and good finger response, but just only in slower speed. From 1/2 of the throtle to the end its no more acceleration and the truggy goes max with 20-25km/h I know you will tell me to close the HSN, even now the engine goes more then 140-145C, so its very hot enough to lean it more. What elese could be the problem? I opened and checked the piston and slave, they look very smoked, but no scratches or so. I think it could be the carb problem. I have a leak from the one side. Is this a normal hole? When I blow through the HSN it makes bubbles from this hole(when testing with foam). Do you have the same hole in your carbs? Can you suggest me what elese could be the problem that I cant get absolutely no top speed?

Thanks,
Stanislav
Attached Thumbnails KYOSHO GXR28 - Tuning problems :(-p1170296resize.jpg   KYOSHO GXR28 - Tuning problems :(-p1170297_resize.jpg  

Last edited by Wish_Mastera; 04-19-2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had the same problem.
I used fuel tubing on the low speed needle and used 1/5 scale fuel tubing on the high speed needle and the engine runs great now.
I am at sea level and my high speed needle is a little over 2 turns out.
Just in case, put some oil on the newly made "o-rings" before putting them on the carb so they go smooth and dont tear.