R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-12-2003, 05:51 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Send a message via ICQ to topslop1 Send a message via AIM to topslop1 Send a message via Yahoo to topslop1
Default Lost parts.

I'm sitting in the basement trying to install a 2 speed for my Super Nitro RS4 and I'm putting some springs on a piece that is on the flywheel. I'm pressing down on the spring and suddenly, 1/2 of a mm of finger movement later, the spring is gone! Nowhere to be found. I have a free night tonight, particularly a rare thing and the entire rear end of my car is in pieces. Isn't is great when you lose a totally critical piece because of a small mistake and have no other option but to stop and wait until you can get a replacement? I could put a few holes in the wall next to me without batting an eye that's how upsetting it is for me. I don't know if I'm low tolerant or if I'm overreacting but isn't it just a Bit#$ when this kind of stuff happens? How do you guys feel?
topslop1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 09:47 AM   #2
Tech Addict
Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

yeah you are right it really does suck..i have had it happen a few times but keep looking and looking till i find it...dont worry it will show up when your new part arrives always does..
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:57 PM   #3
Tech Regular

That sucks. It reminds me of the old days when hinge pins were held with e-clips... At least with those, they always supplied about 100 of them in the kit.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote