Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which kit will u choose/buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have both the G4RS and the new Ktosho RRR Evo 2 and both kits are very capable cars. The difference being that I have a much easier time getting parts from my LHS for the Kyosho. Our LHS has not had much luck ordering parts on the G4RS with Wolf Hobbies. What other distributors are there stateside? Anyway, go with the kit you can get parts for but as previously stated the best of the 1/10 kits out there right now are the Kyosho, Xray NT1 and TM G4RS. I can tell you that no one at our local track or any of the other tracks I've run at recently is running up front with Mugen or Serpent. Nothing against those manufacturers it's just that's how things are right now and could very well change. All the manufacturers seem to come up with a more advanced kit every couple of years so we'll see.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GMartinez
Brian what are you running now since your satement does not make any sense recommending a pro & a con at the same time

Every car has its pros and cons as you all know, and everyone can take every statement I make positive and negative and you know when people ask about two specific cars they don't want to hear about any others but I've driven both of these recently and follow results at some big races.

The Mugen is practically indestructable and a capable car built by solid racers and requires little aftermarket parts. I didn't mean to say that the Mugen drivers were at a disadvantage to the TM drivers, but they did better at the worlds this year.

The Team Magic has until recently had almost no "team" developing there car (they even had a non professional racer policy until recently) which leaves a lot of room for kfactory to build a lot of aftermarket parts. Unlike Xray which has what seems like 90% of the pro drivers on their team currently.

I personally drive a Kyosho for reasons similar to the MTX4 because it is strong, built by racers and easy to get parts for anywhere.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

I would go with serpent 720 08
Old 09-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STRICTLYSERPENT
I would go with serpent 720 08
ya, i would say XRAY but thread starter only asking about MTX4R or G4RS.
he must have his reasons for narrowing down to these 2 cars.
Old 09-17-2008, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroWD
ya, i would say XRAY but thread starter only asking about MTX4R or G4RS.
he must have his reasons for narrowing down to these 2 cars.
Yape i have my own reasons for narrowing down to these 2 car! For example: parts, price......
Old 09-17-2008, 03:08 AM
Tech Regular

Anyway...Thanks You Guys for giving me ur valuable views of these 2 cars n the others..... I have finally make up my mind and get myself a new G4RS kit!

Thanks Guys!!!!
Old 09-17-2008, 04:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jameslow
Anyway...Thanks You Guys for giving me ur valuable views of these 2 cars n the others..... I have finally make up my mind and get myself a new G4RS kit!

Thanks Guys!!!!
GOOD CHOICE best of luck with it! if you get stuck with parts pm me and I will forward you some great online shops who always have what you need when you need.
cheers
Old 09-17-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by aussies1129
GOOD CHOICE best of luck with it! if you get stuck with parts pm me and I will forward you some great online shops who always have what you need when you need.
cheers
What online shops are there, other than Wolf Hobbies, to get TM G4RS parts here in the US? My LHS and I have not had good experiences with Wolf Hobbies and I need someone else to buy from. Any suggestions from any of you here in the US.? Would like to find a shop that not only can provide parts but is very knowledgable about the kit as well. In need of parts and advise!!!

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 09-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Great! if u require any help, tips, tricks, settings, etc...just go to the G4RS thread.

Enjoy and win some races with it!
Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile

Glad you have decided. TM G4RS is a great car to drive.