Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Which 1/8 scale nitro? >

Which 1/8 scale nitro?

Which 1/8 scale nitro?

Old 09-13-2008, 09:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Which 1/8 scale nitro?

I've been into offroad RC's for a while now and own 13 of 'em.I've decided that I'd like to try something onroad for a change and I'm asking for opinions on what to get.What I would like is something that's awd,2 speed or better good parts availability and decent quality.Thanks.

Frank
Old 09-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if you are bashing, kyosho inferno gt...
or the inferno gt2.

if you want to compete in races, there are places where they compete with the inferno in rally game.

if u want 1/8th scale race bred machines, than I don't know as I dont have experience there.

the inferno is good fun expecially if you got a couple of friends running them as well..
Old 09-13-2008, 09:47 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Go to your local track and see what is popular. You will probably find far more TC racing going on then 1/8th. Chances are they will be running Mugen MTX-4R's, X-ray NT-1's and Kyosho V1RRRRRRRR Evo 53 whatever's. Pick the one you like the best and can get parts and support for.

If you actually have a local 1/8th scene going on I would go with the Mugen with some type of Novarossi based motor. In off road there are a lot of cheaper motors that work great but no one can touch a Novarossi rod for onroad abuse. If you go with something else, change rods after break-in and at least every gallon after that.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the input guys.I just learned today that the only local onroad track has been shut down because of noise complaints!!Well....doesn't that blow!!I'm gonna check out some of the above mentioned RC's because I'd like one anyhow.We have several malls in the area with nice flat pavement that I can goof around on.If no other tracks open up and it gets boring,I'll unload my purchase.Thanks again.

Frank
Old 09-13-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Another ?

The inferno GT looks perfect in that it appears as though it would be somewhat forgiving on rougher pavement.Unfrotunately though my LHS doesn't carry Kyosho.Anyone else make a similar type rig?Thanks again guys.

Frank
Old 09-13-2008, 11:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ofna gtp
ofna dm-one (1/7th scale)
Old 09-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Tech Adept

go to your local hobby shop and see which one they carry and the part support they have. get the car with the most part support