Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What is going on with Serpent in the US market? >

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Guys. We are reorganizing the operation. This is going underway at this moment. We hope to have everything rolling and complete stock in 2 weeks time. We will issue an official statement in the next week.
We will have new location, new phone numbers. The company name is going to be Serpent America. We are going to provide better service, better price and better products.

In the mean time, we have team up with Kamikaze in the west coast and with Ashford Hobbies in the east coast so they can supply the final customers. Dealers will have to wait until Serpent America is running.

At the moment we are not able to answer phone calls, so please if you have any enquire, don't hesitate to contact us via e-mail. We have setup a temporary e-mail. [email protected]

I will most likely be able to answer any questions faster on the e-mail than here.

Thanks for your support

Paolo
Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

thanks paolo for answering some of the question that have been floating in the air and setting some of the rumors straight. have some guys on the east coast changeing to the serpent cars for next year .
Old 09-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Don't worry guys... Everything will go back to normal in a few weeks. And like Paolo stated... better in many aspects...
Old 09-12-2008, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by duneland
I presume you mean Serpent USA? I have never heard of a Serpent America. In any event, they have been unavailable by phone, fax or e-mail. Or, maybe they just don't want to talk to me.
If you would have waited 9 more minutes, you would have heard of Serpent America!
But you couldn't help giving Sam some Currie!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Serpent has not been promoted here in the USA for the last year. The support has gone down hill in that time also. How does changing the name going to change things? It seems pretty simple to import Serpent product and supply distributors for the end user. If it wasn’t done under Serpent USA, how does it differ with Serpent America? Same owners?
Old 09-12-2008, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Like Paolo said... Wait for the official statement, and everything will be clear.... Don't break an egg if it isnt ready to be hatched yet...
Old 09-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by itchy b
If you would have waited 9 more minutes, you would have heard of Serpent America!
But you couldn't help giving Sam some Currie!
Ha ha, the joke's on me! Well, at least we know what's going on now.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Serpent has reorganized. I assume that it will take a month and change to get things back to normal. I'm waiting for a Serpent 400 for the winter. I can wait. That's all that all of us can do until the situation changes.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GHETTOTEACHER
Serpent has reorganized. I assume that it will take a month and change to get things back to normal. I'm waiting for a Serpent 400 for the winter. I can wait. That's all that all of us can do until the situation changes.
picking mines the s400 thats is!!! this weekend to get ready for the winter
Old 09-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Initiate

Ok, so what does this mean for me. Does this mean that the next kit I build is going to be made in China. Does the US have molds for the parts? Not for nothin but I have never had luck with chinese plastics. grrrr.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:58 AM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I could be wrong on this but I do beleive that the s400 kit was already coming out of the plant in asia, maybe not all the parts but at least some. I read that somewhere, not sure to the truth behind it. Maybe in the s400 thread on here.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nikonianmike
Ok, so what does this mean for me. Does this mean that the next kit I build is going to be made in China. Does the US have molds for the parts? Not for nothin but I have never had luck with chinese plastics. grrrr.
I don't think any Serpent parts were ever made in the US. Some parts have been coming from Asia for a while.

Mugen parts are made in Asia and I will put their plastic up against anyones. It's not where it's made that counts but the quality of the material and the design of the part.

That being said, Associated is just not the same with Thunder Tiger making most of the parts.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just because its made in Asia doesn’t mean that its going to be made with cheap plastic. That would be stupid on Serpents part, they are just changing where its made so it becomes less expensive to make, and I’m sure some of the savings will be passed down to us, the consumers. I don’t know for sure, but I think some of the parts have been molded in Asia for a while now, and I bet no one noticed any difference, at least I haven’t.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Lord

Just for your interest:

http://translate.google.nl/translate...hl=nl&ie=UTF-8

And something I did get in the mail: (translated by google)

From: Dorus van Diest [mailto: @ d.van.diest ceeslubbers.nl]
Sent: Monday, 15 september 2008 15:40
Subject: bankruptcy Serpent BV

Dear Sir / Madam,

You have expressed interest in the sale of one or
multiple business units from above mentioned bankruptcy.

The annex contains a stock and an inventory report.
(The stock has not been verified. Buyers can not be rights
borrow.)

It is also possible an offer on the floor and logo for
EU countries as well as the Internet domains of Serpent.

If your inventory or stocks want to inspect it is here
Monday 22 september after appointment as an opportunity.

Awaiting your response.

Best regards,

Theodore H. van Diest
Cees Lubbers Auctions and Appraisals B.V.

Marsweg 47
8013 PE Zwolle
Tel. 038 to 422 88 48
Fax 038 to 422 88 51
Old 09-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

First of all Serpent parts were never made in the US, and since the parts are being made in Asia it actually became stronger, if you have been racing with a Serpent car you will definitely noticed that the plastic parts are stronger than before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.