Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oversteering

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Oversteering

RS4 EVO, newly mounted x-patterrns because the m-compound radials SUCK. Anyway, I have a problem with oversteering and need some advice. I have changed shock angle in the rear but never in the front to no avail but all is back to stock except for i changed the rear shock position up top to a more vertical. I haven't installed sway bars (i have them though and have been thinking about it). Parking lot racing. Futaba 3PM 2.4GHz.

Thanks for the advice....

McF
Old 09-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Standing up the rear shocks will make it oversteer more. Lay the rear shocks down and stand up the front shocks. you can try stiffer springs in the front, and/or softer in the rear. I can't help you on shock oil, but generally speaking, lighter oil should give you more traction and heavier oil will give you less. You can also check that the 2-degree rear hubs are installed instead of the 1-degree hubs. More rear toe should help keep the rear end more planted in the turns. If you're getting oversteer going into the corners, use the 10-degree C-hubs in the front, if it's oversteering coming out of the corner, use the 8-degree front C-hubs. Don't make all these changes at once of course, but those are some of the options available on the Evo.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

All of Steves' tips were spot on! Additionally, you could try front sway bar, stiffer front diff action (tighten if it is a ball diff or heavier fluid if it is a gear diff), front spool instead of diff, make sure that your ride-height is being determined by your spring settings rather than the droop screws/down travel limiters.
If you incorporate all of these tips, your car should push badly.