R.O.A.R. Question (body trimming)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R.O.A.R. Question (body trimming)

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Default R.O.A.R. Question (body trimming)

Whats Up Gang!!! Now I know I can download all 130pgs of the ROAR rulebook but just don't have the energy for it. I know there are a lot of ROAR experts on this board so lets go. I know that I can't cut a body to ride lower than the lower trim lines on the body as it comes from the manufacturer but can i trim a little higher?? Example, I'm sure you all have seen the two little tits on the back bumper of the Stratus 2.1 and I hate them. Can I cut my rear bumper above those and be ROAR legal still??? Any input is appreciated!!!!

KEVIN
Old 09-05-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

I don't think so, because if you could, all the pros would be doing it.

Also, make sure your rear wing isn't higher than the roofline... DQ's for you otherwise.

Those are the most common problems, but others must now more than me, so please teach us all.

PS, on a side note, I printed the entire ROAR rule book, but tossed it some time ago... oops!
Old 09-05-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Oh, and if you are racing at a local club race- it won't matter as long as your car body is flagrantly in violation of the rules. I don't know any local race club that anal about the rules.
Old 09-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default cut cut roar

My car was in a R.O.A.R sanctioned race a few weeks ago and I cut the whole ass end out (as I normaly do) cause it's just a big air brake! It went threw inspection twice and nothing was said about the rear end! But I overheard a guy bitching bout my car and they told him as long as you can still see the tail lights from the side and the rear quaters can't be altered! Note: If you do this don't cut all the way to the edge. Leave about 1/16" to keep it reinforced and also put a piece of tape on each side of the wing on top to trunk. This will help keep the wing from folding back down the straights. It must be ok to do this cause by the a main my car wasn't the only car with out the rear
Attached Thumbnails R.O.A.R.  Question (body trimming)-imga0136.jpg  
Old 09-05-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Default just thought of another

Thanks for your input by the way!!! I thought of another Q though..........Do you have to paint your wing?? I dig the way a clear wing looks on a clean painted car but is that ROAR legal.

I know what you mean about if this was a club race, I end up running my three port up against 5 ports, it's all good though. to me it's all about getting laps!!!! Unfortunately I'm doing this body for a regional so I want to make sure I'm clean

But getting back to the wing.....does anyone know??? Does it have to be painted??????

THANK YOU, KEVIN
Old 09-05-2003, 11:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default I think not!

I skimmed over the ROAR rules and I could be wrong but I think I remember that It said you weren't sposta paint the wing they want it clear! B.T.W the pic I posted was not the body I used in that race. I'm sure they would have had a fit with that wing
Old 09-06-2003, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

I cut out the rear end of my bodies as well. Air brake thing as you said. But I stop before the headlights... unlike that one . Just like oval there.
Old 09-06-2003, 01:48 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: I think not!

Originally posted by HELLION
I skimmed over the ROAR rules and I could be wrong but I think I remember that It said you weren't sposta paint the wing they want it clear! B.T.W the pic I posted was not the body I used in that race. I'm sure they would have had a fit with that wing
Must check up on that one myself. But I think it is optional whether the wing is painted or not. Its still part of the shell and if its painted they cant do much about it. Most people just leave them clear because they get scratched to easily ruining the nice paint job.
Old 09-06-2003, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

99% of the guys at the ROAR Sedan Nats had painted wings...I also cut above the trim lines in the front of my original Protoform Stratus and passed tech (which was quite tough as you can imagine).
Old 09-06-2003, 08:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Im2lazy
I cut out the rear end of my bodies as well. Air brake thing as you said. But I stop before the headlights... unlike that one . Just like oval there.
headlights!?!?
You ment taillights!

BTW- there is no rule for cut out bumpers........it just looks awful.
Old 09-06-2003, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

Default THANKS EVERYBODY1!!!!!!

I do appreciate the help!!!!!
Old 09-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: cut cut roar

Originally posted by HELLION
My car was in a R.O.A.R sanctioned race a few weeks ago and I cut the whole ass end out (as I normaly do) cause it's just a big air brake! It went threw inspection twice and nothing was said about the rear end! But I overheard a guy bitching bout my car and they told him as long as you can still see the tail lights from the side and the rear quaters can't be altered! Note: If you do this don't cut all the way to the edge. Leave about 1/16" to keep it reinforced and also put a piece of tape on each side of the wing on top to trunk. This will help keep the wing from folding back down the straights. It must be ok to do this cause by the a main my car wasn't the only car with out the rear
Some how I think thay wing was not up to roar rules
Old 09-08-2003, 09:09 AM
Tech Master

Hellion,

Sorry, but the tech guys didn't read the rules properly. Your car should have been DQ'd if you ran it that way in a ROAR sanctioned event. The 1/10th electric T-2 Touring Car body rules (pg. 47 in the 2003 book) under note #5 state: "Rear of body must include rear bumper and windows may not be cut out". You lucked out dude!

In the touring car class, a spoiler gets attached to the rear of the car, not a wing. Spoilers can be painted, wings cannot. Wings are attached to a car whose full scale counterpart does not use one(electric pan oval cars, for example). In this case, these cannot be painted; therefore, paint your TC spoilers if you want!
Old 09-08-2003, 09:40 AM
Tech Addict

As far as the wing rule, it's on page 19. Rule 3-35:
Wings must be clear for all classes except for off-road, sprint and touring car.
Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

oops... I just realized that we've been talking about 1/10th I.C. Touring Cars Anyway, the same rule about the rear of the body on Nitro TCs is on page 57, Note #4...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.