R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 PM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CraigX View Post
From my offroad days, it has always been explained that CVD want to straighten themselves. So when the suspension compresses, the CVD will be trying to straighten out, I guess meaning trying to uncompress the suspension so they can be straight. But with that said, I have no idea what that means for handling.

I've been told the same explanation and was told cars equiped with CVDs on the rear will rotate more on power.
TQ-racing Yokomo BD7 Airtronics
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 06:22 AM   #17
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Well it seems it's come down to he said she said so i suppose it's a matter of personal preference. I've always ran bones in the rear purely because of cost and because bones have proven to give enough rear grip for me so i suppose i've never really seen a reason to change. If cvd's do give more grip i probably wouldn't be skilled enough to notice the difference anyway
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 01:17 PM   #18
Tech Regular

B.S.,I dont care what you say a CVD will not give you more grip.Its common sense,all it can do is give less slop,if you think that minute amount of slop gives more traction and you can tell the difference,than I guess you could say eliminating play in you drivetrain will give more traction,because thats all a CVD does.
intimidator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 PM   #19
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i think the idea is that on power, the dogbones tend to stiffen the rear suspension. this stiffness increase reduces grip, so cvd's give slightly higher grip (on power)

personally i just like having one less wear point, the drive pin life with today's engine power is pretty short.
avs is offline   Reply With Quote