Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can't bump start my Serpent

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Can't bump start my Serpent

Over the weekend I broke in my .21 Sirio motor. All went well. I started the motor yesterday without a hitch. Tonight I went to a freshly paved parking lot to do some practice runs and couldn't bump start the motor.

1. The motor sounded like it wouldn't get a spark from the glow plug. I changed it and still the same result. The motor would just keep making that low sort of trying to run sound. No crackle.

2. I am using a patriot glow plug ignitor and am not sure if it is charged. I am charging it right now. I thought it would have had some juice left for today. How do you know when it is charged to the max?

3. What else can I check for. I put fuel in where the glow plug is and I put fuel in the carb.

HELP A POOR NUBE
Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

..........you probably answered your own question.........make sure you have a full charge on your igniter............a make sure motor is not flooded.....is raw fuel pouring out the pipe????......if yes,......pull plug and crank motor on box and get all the extra fuel out of the motor.........good luck
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

in my experiance with sirio motors specificaly aac sleevesyou want to be careful and make sure you run a hot enough plug also suggest you preheat motor there operating temps are betwenn 189 and 200 degrees. if you get them any hotter the sleeve goes away quickly, considering it was cold and you didnt mention preheating the sleeve was probably tighter than normal and probably heard some scraping during starting