R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-11-2003, 05:15 PM   #31
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to stefan

It's strange that you only seem to care if you don't win...
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:06 PM   #32
Tech Master
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Yes, I race to win.

You can check my car, too, anytime, it's legal. Everything about it's legal, as far as I know.

My dad always told me, "It's a bit dog that barks."
I [I]AM [/I]the Driver !

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 07:39 AM   #33
Tech Regular

Well, here's my take on the "Rules" subject, and hopefully I won't offend anyone

The rules exist for a reason. One of the main reasons is to try and create a level playing field for all. Just as the rules exist, enforcement of the rules should also. What good are the rules if no one is going to bother to make sure that they are being followed.

Hellion: As far as the top 5 cars being DQ'd, how about 9 out of the top 10? That's exactly what happened recently after a round of qualifying at the European TC Championships; simply due to a "misunderstanding" of a particular rule (I think it had something to do with the tire widths). I didn't mean to point you out, but if those 5 cars you mentioned all get DQ'd, then the drivers will know what they need to fix for the next time.

The purpose of tech inspection is not to "Rat out" cheaters, but simply to make sure that the rules are being followed. No one should automatically assume that a person is cheating, simply because they failed tech (like the Euros). The purpose is to point out these violations so that the driver can correct them for the next Heat/Race/Event.

Of course, you'll always have a guy that feels he has to cheat to win... If your track has tech inpection, and you know that Joe is running a Turbo, rather than telling the director "Hey, Joe is running a Turbo engine", wouldn't it be better to say, "Hey, you guys are checking for turbo heads, right"? If they say yes, and Joe has not been caught, then the Inspectors have the problem, not Joe.

<TnB steps off his Soap Box...>
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote