Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?.. >

Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?..

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?..

Originally posted by rod_b
Yep, like the RD Logics/Richey engine.
No my modding is available today too.
We have nothing to do with Rd logics. We can have first P/S sets ready in two weeks, but it cost expedising extra money, I don't see reason to speed it up, unless somebody wants to badly!!! Our P/S sets will be ready by November.
Please advice.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 09-05-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default I got it!!!

Hmmmmm easy ta tune huh? A cox .049 ! It even comes with a spring starter ( this awta get me in trouble) .... What do you mean get a rope ??? I'm just kidding I tell ya
Old 09-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?..

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
No my modding is available today too.
We have nothing to do with Rd logics. We can have wirst P/S sets ready in two weeks, but it cost expedising extra money, I don't see reason to speed it up, unless somebody wants to badly!!! Our P/S sets will be ready by November.
Please advice.
Yep, And anyone wanting to find out just how good the engines are can ask Kitracer or tl2111. They both have tested the MPP777 moded engines already.

Or come along to the Winternats and witness them for real
Old 09-05-2003, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Over kill

One of these days I'm going to figure out how to download a picture on this site!
Old 09-05-2003, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Default sts vs novarossi

Originally posted by stefan
Conrod, piston/sleeve, bearings, basically everything
AFAIK, conrod, p+s are same (yes everything . . ) except for inside (rear) bearings which STS uses "standard" off-the-shelf ISO standard sizes which are available in most bearing shops (referring specifically to the RS3 and RS5 here).

Thus . . they are cheaper to rebuild too :-)
Old 09-05-2003, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Josh K.
Picco's never idle for crap, I'm currently running a Sirio 5 port .12 in my NTC3, its a real quality motor, idles forever and runs cool with no flameouts, tunes like a O.S. along with alot of power through the rpm range.

Fantoms make a pretty paper weight, thats about it.......
Wow, someone has issues. Two tips for Picco .12's: replace the stock carb w/a Novarossi slide carb, and shim the head up w/an additional copper shim. I did both to my Ofna/Picco 7-port and it's been running like a Swiss watch. As for the Fantom, I bought a .15FR to raise my HPI Super Nitro from the dead, and was pleasantly surprised. For under $120 I got an engine that broke-in very easily, idles smoothly, runs cool, and is as easy to tune as any OS. It has plenty of torque to move the Super's larger wheels. It would be scary fast in my NTC3.

As for the Sirios, some people around here have been disenchanted with them, esp. when they find out that parts are hard to get. YMMV, though.
Old 09-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Well, well.

I should have asked - the quality difference?
Well, why don't you go and find out since you seem to be very sceptic about my opinion on STS engines.

If you have your mind already made up about something, it doesn't make a lot of sense to ask further questions, or does it?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Old Skool
Wow, someone has issues.
its called reality, stock picco's don't idle unless you replace the carb and then you should just start with the Nova to begin with.

I have yet to experience any carb problems with my Sirio and have almost a gallon through it, temps at 230 with a 85F ambient.

as for the Fantoms, my buddy bought 2 brand new .15's and both of them were totally worthless, no bottom end, overheated and just had no power, they were pre 2003 models, its funny how close of a match the Fantom is to a .12 CVX Hyper
Old 09-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Tech Master

RD Logics/Richey engine.
This is not a going to be a mod motor, It will be a NEW PRODUCTION engine. It is moving forward quickly.
Old 09-05-2003, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Motorman
This is not a going to be a mod motor, It will be a NEW PRODUCTION engine. It is moving forward quickly.
I believe you may have picked TopGun777 up the wrong way. We are fully aware that your new engine is a new production engine. He was just saying that he is currently modding engines that are currently on the market and letting people know he is in business.
The MPP777 range will also be complete production engine range (.12 - .21 sizes). The P/S sets mentioned above are just a side line which we will be running in nova based engines until the rest of the engine has been produced and tested (crank, carb, case, etc).

Dont take this post the wrong way. It is just meant to clarify that we didnt mean to dis you and your current project.
Old 09-05-2003, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?..

Originally posted by Top Gun 777

We have nothing to do with Rd logics.
This is only one sentence where I mentioned RD logics, but nothing else.
Did I offend somebody?
Old 09-05-2003, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

No TG, no problem.
I was just clarifying that our engine will be new not a mod based on anything else. No sweat guys, no problem here, carry on.
Old 09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
Dennis
I am holding off getting a new engine till this engine comes out. Any eta on when it will be available?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Who makes the fastest NON NOVA based motors?..

Originally posted by modellor
Yep, And anyone wanting to find out just how good the engines are can ask Kitracer or tl2111. They both have tested the MPP777 moded engines already.

Or come along to the Winternats and witness them for real
My 777 modified Sirio have been strong compare to the my RB Rody 215 (roar legal), in my opinion engine producing more power in all range, and on my home track its touch better on both top and bottom end on the same gearing compare to the Rody. Another good thing is Top_gun will custom make your engine to suit your track.

TL
Old 09-06-2003, 02:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by stefan
Conrod, piston/sleeve, bearings, basically everything
Conrod, yes. Sleeve, partly yes as the groove for the pin on the crankcase is different. A small job with the dremel should do it. Front bearings yes but not the internal one. Therefore, the crankshaft is also different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.