Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Trying to find IGT or GTP guy's to run with (SOCAL) >

Trying to find IGT or GTP guy's to run with (SOCAL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to find IGT or GTP guy's to run with (SOCAL)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Red face Trying to find IGT or GTP guy's to run with (SOCAL)

Trying to find cool group or club to run with my IGT here in socal any suggestions thanks http://www.pro-lineracing.com/p-599-pf8-gt.aspx

Last edited by dbr9ifgt; 08-21-2008 at 08:46 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Tech Elite

Check with all the hobby shops in your area and inquire as to how many IGT cars they’ve sold in the past year.

Shops that haven’t sold any or many may not be able or want to help you, while a shop that has sold a few hundred IGT cars may be more inclined to help put you in contact with the right group of people.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Jspeed
Check with all the hobby shops in your area and inquire as to how many IGT cars they’ve sold in the past year.

Shops that haven’t sold any or many may not be able or want to help you, while a shop that has sold a few hundred IGT cars may be more inclined to help put you in contact with the right group of people.
ill try that just want to make sure me and my son meet a group or club that are cool with newbies thanks jspeed your always very helpfull !!!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Try GLARCRC at the Artesia Transit Center this sunday. THey set the track up on saturdays for practice and races are in sunday. Theres usually 4-5 IGTs. The track is pretty big and a lot of fun. And newbies are always welcomed.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Its cool, there's got to be a few hundred IGT cars in your area, you just need to get the shops that sold all them to get involved. It would be good for all.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Try GLARCRC at the Artesia Transit Center this sunday. THey set the track up on saturdays for practice and races are in sunday. Theres usually 4-5 IGTs. The track is pretty big and a lot of fun. And newbies are always welcomed.
thanks nitrodude and can you pls give me address and time so me and my son can check it out
Old 08-21-2008, 09:17 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dbr9ifgt
thanks nitrodude and can you pls give me address and time so me and my son can check it out
This coming saturday practice and sunday is the race day. It is located in the city of Gardena. At the end of 91 West freeway it turns into Artesia Blvd, then turn left in Vermont and immediate left Artesia transit center. The track would probably be setup by noon on saturday. Or check GLARC thread.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by trebronpay
This coming saturday practice and sunday is the race day. It is located in the city of Gardena. At the end of 91 West freeway it turns into Artesia Blvd, then turn left in Vermont and immediate left Artesia transit center. The track would probably be setup by noon on saturday. Or check GLARC thread.
Thanks for the info will try to make it do I need to bring my own table and chairs ez up etc.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yes, you will need to bring your own table, chair, shade, and pretty much anything else you would want to have. It is a lot of fun to race there, but it is a parking lot.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
Yes, you will need to bring your own table, chair, shade, and pretty much anything else you would want to have. It is a lot of fun to race there, but it is a parking lot.
Thanks for the reply and I do know its a parking lot. I had a little issue with some of the greater L.A. guy's about that when they misunderstood one of my posts on the SV thread but ill explain again just to make sure. Hope no one takes offense. Just felt really bad when we lost SV and I said that I dint want to race on a parking lot. Only because I got use to the fact that I could go there any time of the week and practice with my son or by my self when I have week days off or when I get out early not like on a parking lot when its usually on weekends only. plus I got kind of close to the people there but like I said I really don't mind if its on a parking lot I just probably didn't word it right in fact all Ive been doing for many years is playing on a parking lot or a empty dirt lot it actually kind of hurt my feelings cause one guy even called me a BASHER and didn't even give me a chance to explain my self. I'm new at all this don't really know what I'm doing on another thread for greater L.A. I was zooming through it and I noticed the guy's where looking for a place to run on and me being stupid and not knowing better I thought hey why don't they try out SV Speedway seems like they don't know about it. So I put up a reply post and picture of the track being stupid again and someone got pissed and called me uncool and a high jacker I didn't even know what that meant But its okey I know its all a misunderstanding and hope to get to know you guy's better. no hard feeling's

Your Friend the Basher & Hi Jacker
Old 08-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

You're an RC racer. Grab you IGT and come out to the Glarcrc track this weekend and have some fun. That is why most of us do this hobby.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The GLARCRC guys are cool, it's those Vegas people you gotta watch out for, especially that Fisher character. He's always starting trouble....

In all seriousness, come to the GLARCRC races, and come back for the ROAR Regionals (there is a thread for this event). Then make the trip to Vegas for the paris Memorial, and bring your GT car with you, you'll have a blast.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by garen
The GLARCRC guys are cool, it's those Vegas people you gotta watch out for, especially that Fisher character. He's always starting trouble....

In all seriousness, come to the GLARCRC races, and come back for the ROAR Regionals (there is a thread for this event). Then make the trip to Vegas for the paris Memorial, and bring your GT car with you, you'll have a blast.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

DBR9ifGT,

Don't worry about the posts, some of the GLARC guys are a little sensitive but because they are aware of the hard work and effort it takes to run a club, especially when the track is not permanent.

I really hope U can make it out this weekend, we are welcoming newbies all the time and we really like the racing families so having your son there is really a plus!!

We always have a lot of fun and we hope U will join us, make sure and introduce yourself!!

Glenn Williams
President
G.L.A.R.C.R.C.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the welcome guy's ill try my best to make it out there this sat sorry about the long post just got kind of paranoid

Dino Eyan & Nicole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.