Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
JACO Prism wheels win GLC >

JACO Prism wheels win GLC

JACO Prism wheels win GLC

Old 08-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default JACO Prism wheels win GLC

A big "thank you" to all the drivers who ran JACO tires at the Great Lakes race this past weekend. I would like to congratulate Josh Cyrul for his win in 1/8 and TQ in 1/10 sedan. Also congrats to Bobby Flack, the winner of 1/10 sedan, and Andy Power who helped make it a JACO 1-2-3 sweep in sedan. The top 3 finishers in sedan ran the new Prism 1.5 wheels with the molded-in camber.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Do you know what hardness they used in qualifying and what they used in the mains for sedan.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Josh told me he ran 45 rears and 38 fronts and Bobby ran 42 rears. You can typically run a little firmer tire on the rear since the Prism wheels should get more bite than a standard wheel.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Jack,

Should I cut the prism tires cambered? In which positions is the performance better? Waht do you prefer for my mechanic camber. Should I reduce my mechanic camber. I usually use 3 deg camber on my local track with normal tires. If use the prism tires , does it mean I have to reduce the camber on the car.

thnx
Old 08-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi Jack,

Should I cut the prism tires cambered? In which positions is the performance better? Waht do you prefer for my mechanic camber. Should I reduce my mechanic camber. I usually use 3 deg camber on my local track with normal tires. If use the prism tires , does it mean I have to reduce the camber on the car.

thnx
Just cut your Prism's like you would your normal tire and then enjoy the benifits of more forward and side traction. The biggest difference for me since I started running the Prism's is how much better my car handles the high speed sweepers and just feels more consistent and locked in coming out of every corner. You can always make changes to your setup to take advantage of the Prism but I would start off with your current setup so you can get a good baseline.

Andy Power
Old 08-12-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Now if only customs would release my tires in Portugal, our team could actually run them.
They arrived last Wednesday and are still in customs. Unbelievable.
Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CIMRI
Hi Jack,

thnx
I cut my tires with 1degree camber like I always did before. The biggest thing I changed between the prisms and old wheel was the amount of rear toe-in. I use much less now as the prisms have a lot more forward grip and rear traction all around.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bobby Flack
I cut my tires with 1degree camber like I always did before. The biggest thing I changed between the prisms and old wheel was the amount of rear toe-in. I use much less now as the prisms have a lot more forward grip and rear traction all around.
Bobby your coming down for the sedan Nat's
Old 08-15-2008, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I just won the regionals at 301 in 1/8th scale with them also! Thanks Jack.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Adept

I ran 1/10 prisms for the Region 1 regionals at nercar and took 3rd . thanks Jack great .tires

Renato Dias
Old 08-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Great job, guys. Thanks so much for using our tires!