R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-31-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
Default Dry lube WS2 Tungsten Disulfide

Opinions wanted.

Boca bearings offers Tungsten Disulfide dry lube for all their products. They say it will greatly improve performance. My company ordered 45lbs for testing, and I took a lb home for myself. The company is using it to improve the life of air pumps. We have been told we could get another 3000 hrs out of a commercial air pump from the application of the dry lube to pistons. I have applied it to my bearings and fittings and all the rod-ends and balls. It greatly improved everything. The suspension is smoother and all the part role much easier. So I have begun to use the stuff all over the house in a 20% alcohol mix. No more squeaking doors or cabinets. So far this stuff is amazing. I was doing some reading, and the stuff I have is .4 microns powder. If I applied it to my piston head and rod, is there enough tolerance to allow a .4 micron layer of dry lube to help reduce the stresses of friction from engine break-in. This stuff can handle pressures of 300,000lbs/sq-in at a .03 Cf of friction. Temps to 750C. PT-FE or Teflon has a .1 to .16 Cf of friction. without the pressure and heat tolerances. Anyone have any thoughts, or do you just want me to try it out and explain my results.
Relay8039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #2
Tech Regular

Please continue to test and post your results
dougday is offline   Reply With Quote