Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by stefan
..., like my bosses lap top that was confiscated at US Immigration in Chicago last week, without giving him a reason...
Acutally that's true. A friend of mine also had all his electronics (laptop, usb memory stick, ipod, cell) confiscated as he entered the US. He was a caucasian brit too! No reasons, "just routine sir".

I guess next year's Winternats is going to be a challenge for overseas racers to attend.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hello Everyone,

Well, qualifying is finished and the grid is set.... It was an ok yet dissapointing day today.

Ralph had an engine let go in the morning run and then had another mechanical problem in the afternoon run that didn't allow him to improve. Paul had tried to run a little too lean in the morning and burnt a plug but had a good run in the afternoon that allowed him to move up a little in the standings. Barry had another terrible day with tuning issues and crashes. He has a great car but is definatly trying much too hard. Yes, we have the wake-up call set and will be at the track by 8:30am so he can prepare his car and I will help with the pit work for tommorow. 6 races, 20 minutes each is the goal for tommorow. One race at a time!!

For myself, the morning round was dissapointing. I was driving very easy to save fuel and had a battery bar break before the first pit stop. Super frustrating being that I totalled up the lap times and when it broke I was around 1 second behind Jilles on his TQ run. In the second round, I was again at the top of the chart bouncing from 1st-3rd with Tosso and Jilles for the heat lead when I made my pitstop and was hit in the rear from a full punch pit lap entry from an already lapped Fukuda. I recovered but had to again pass Peter J. and try to break free from the pack I was stuck in. At that time, I started to recieve heckling from the Sirio mechanics below to let Tironi past. He was over 30-40ft behind!!! It was really a joke and terrible sportsmanship. For 6+ laps they screamed at me and I started to make mistakes as my concentration was broken, finally he was close enough and I allowed the pass. In this, I also had to let Shimo past who was very close behind. Shimo then got very sideways in the next corner causing me to hit him and then get pilled into by the other drivers. In the end, I lost enough time that I would have probably been 4-6th qualifier... At least I know I have a good enough car to race my way from the 1/4 final into the main event.

I am super dissapointed that the officials did nothing to stop the heckling from the pit lane and did nothing to punish them for this poor sportsmanship by the Sirio mechanics. Tironi and I were communicating on the stand as we were right next to each other and we were professional and fine with each others actions.

Also, I noticed that it was not reported yet but there was a formal protest filed by Novarossi in reguards to Sirio's exaust pipe. The pipe that is being run/sold by Sirio does not meet the specs at all from the pipe that was origionally homoligated. There have been several very heated meetings in reguards to this matter and IFMAR has not really given any sort of answer if any action will be taken at this event. The main concern is the stinger is much shorter, with a different angel as well it has a 5mm stinger hole but once it goes into the stinger about 2mm it is then conical opening up to at least 6-6.5mm(guessing from just looking - it needs to be cut open to know exactly) unlike the origional homologated pipe.... Sirio says it sent in the pipe and the drawings but no record of that is found anywhere to the "running change".... This is the same pipe that has been used since the IFMAR WC in Brisbane but no one has checked or questioned the difference in the pipes until Novarossi staff examined a pipe today and found so many discrepancys. Hopefully, IFMAR will make a ruling in the morning that will be fair and not leave a black eye on the event.
Josh, your keeping everyone up to date during this race has been much appreciated up until now...whinning about racing incidents (Chris got punted by Bertin) don't need to be reported...and accusations about equiptment I quote "Guessing from just looking"needs to be handled by IFMAR at the race not here as you are implying that cheating is going on.
You're too good of a racer and too well respected in this industry to do this.
Just go out and "Be a Champion".
Old 08-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

... After reading Thor's post, I'm removing my posting..

No need for complaining....

Sorry

Thor - excellent points...
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Initiate

[Professionalism is what required at any worlds event.[/QUOTE]

Can't agree more.

Have been enjoying Josh's reports - keep it coming.

Thor - I think you are being too thin skinned - I think Josh's report was just that - a report - letting us all know what's been happening. Who cares if he was "guessing". Obviously IFMAR is handling it.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Good Luck to all the U.S. Drivers in the Semi's
Can't wait to see the final grid for WC Title
Toso do your thing wish you the best cause it's well deserved
Congrats to the Kyosho/Sirio Team Tq & 2nd
Old 08-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Matrix tire web site ?
Old 08-14-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
Ok Fukuda is out. I would have liked him to make the final but oh well. I pick Dario because he seems to have "race luck" on his side right now.
not saying FUKUDA cant do it just saying not with that motor, would have been nice though
Old 08-14-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUGEN SHOW
not saying FUKUDA cant do it just saying not with that motor, would have been nice though
Hopefully he do well in the bump ups.. finger crossed.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MUGEN SHOW
As a fans of mugen, I will personally prononce it is another worng decision and selection on using OS after using GRP in last year 1/8. Mugen- you are already not having as much funding to have the big winning gun to drive your car as your competitors and now you are picking something which seriously affects your reputation and performance. WAKE UP! And Good Luck Fukuda.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

After reading Josh's and thor's posts, I agree, Josh is just informing us of what is going on.

I am sure that he would not have posted something like that if it was not true....."a protest has been filed"....he gave a point of view...he is "reporting" what is going on, giving us information from a racers point of view, that was all. Nobody else is taking the time to do it.....Thank you Josh.

thor: Selective "Guessing from just looking" should be "guessing from just looking - it needs to be cut open to know exactly" - would you not agree? For all the USA drivers....prayers for success go out to all!

This is the IFMAR rules on pipes....

IFMAR RULE 4.4
The use of a non-homologated, modified homologated muffler will constitute
disqualification from the event. The disqualified driver will be placed on the last position of
the final qualifying results and/or the last position of the final positions’ results and he will
be noted as a disqualification.

RULES:
5.8.2 The muffler have to bear their homologation numbers during the entire competition.
The mufflers’ measurements (both internally and externally) have to conform with those
on the homologation sheet issued by IFMAR.

5.8.3 Mufflers can be checked and may be cut open at the completion of a qualifying heat
and/or final and checked for compliance with homologation drawings submitted to
IFMAR.

5.8.4 Mufflers may be homologated by ROAR,EFRA, FEMCA or FAMAR up to four (4) months
before the event. Mufflers homologated in the four (4) month period before the event will
not be included on the IFMAR Muffler Lists for that event.

5.8.5 The IFMAR Muffler List will be published on the IFMAR website and Organizer’s website
two (2) months prior to the event.

5.8.6 The IFMAR Muffler list , with detailed drawings, must be available in Technical Control.

5.8.7 The outlet or tailpipe of the muffler must project horizontally or downward. No upward or
vertical exhaust outlets are allowed.
Tail pipe maximum internal diameter* 5.20mm.
Tail pipe minimum length 10.00mm.
∗ This dimension includes a tolerance to account for manufacturing variations in
commercially available tubing.
Thank you Josh for the information....keep up the good "REPORTING!"

Last edited by rcfoolz; 08-14-2008 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
As a fans of mugen, I will personally prononce it is another worng decision and selection on using OS after using GRP in last year 1/8. Mugen- you are already not having as much funding to have the big winning gun to drive your car as your competitors and now you are picking something which seriously affects your reputation and performance. WAKE UP! And Good Luck Fukuda.
They should have stuck to JPs or Nova like the last time when Kenji won the 1/8th.. but then again they won the 200mm worlds in 2006 and Fukuda did the fastest lap in practise this year. I think more development is in order for the engine.

besides the purple heat sinks looks better on their cars...
Old 08-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by slewis
[Professionalism is what required at any worlds event.
Can't agree more.

Have been enjoying Josh's reports - keep it coming.

Thor - I think you are being too thin skinned - I think Josh's report was just that - a report - letting us all know what's been happening. Who cares if he was "guessing". Obviously IFMAR is handling it.[/QUOTE]

AS I MENTIONED I APPRECIATED JOSH'S REPORTS AND I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A FAN OF HIS..I EVEN REMEMBER HELPING HIM BUILD HIS CAR AT HIS FIRST GAS RACE,WHEN HE WAS A LITTLE KID AT THE LAS VEGAS RACE.
THE WORLD'S ARE VERY DIFFICULT RACE AND SOMETIMES THINGS GO BAD,BEEN THE DONE THAT, IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIN SKIN.
JOSH JUST SEEMED TO BE FRUSTRATED WHICH I AM SURE HE IS AND HE WILL DO WELL AND AS A USA FAN I HOPE HE GETS TO THE FINAL...WILL INCREASE OUR CHANCES OF WINNING WITH HIM ,BURCH, PAUL AND CHRIS. SORRY IF MY OPINION RUFFELED YOU.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arahawak
They should have stuck to JPs or Nova like the last time when Kenji won the 1/8th.. but then again they won the 200mm worlds in 2006 and Fukuda did the fastest lap in practise this year. I think more development is in order for the engine.

besides the purple heat sinks looks better on their cars...
The only problem with all this talk is that three of the top four qualifiers are Sirio's who made the old Ninja's. The other is a Picco and Shimo has been running well with an OS.

That being said, I'd be running a Nova made RB if I were there.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Toso has only needed the small breaks that are often the key to winning the big races. Talent and skill he has in abundance, now he just needs some good luck. After all, i'd rather be lucky than good any day of the week!

Good luck Toso!!! Bring it home for the US and even better FLORIDA!!!( I know he's more a Cali guy but for now he's here!! LOL!!)

Butter
Old 08-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
The only problem with all this talk is that three of the top four qualifiers are Sirio's who made the old Ninja's. The other is a Picco and Shimo has been running well with an OS.

That being said, I'd be running a Nova made RB if I were there.
The Old Ninja's are not made by Sirio, they are made by GRP/Mario Rossi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.