Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Everyone,

Well, practice is over and tommorow it's time to race (finally!). Today was an interesting day as it was the first time we ran in our heats and see where we might stack up in a 10 minute qualifier.

In round 1, Mr. Baker caught a curb, rolled and flamed out so he just used the run to get a better tune on his engine. In round 2, he had trouble with a broken antenna wire limiting his range so he couldn't drive (possibly resutling from a late run crash in round 1). Paulie ran well in both runs but complained of his engine changing tune a little during the runs. I think a change in the fuel line and a carb cleaning was his plan for tommorow. Ralphy set the quickest lap of the event so far with an 18.5 but crashes and extra pits for engine tuning didn't really show what he can do. Tosso, I think had a good first run other than a small misque on his pit strategy that made him make an extra stop for fuel. In the second, I think he traction rolled the first lap out of the pits and missed all of warm-up waiting for a chunked tire change. After, he got pounded during the pit stop by Bertin who appologized for the crash.

For myself, I found that my 2-speed was shifting into second and locking thus resulting in some of my problems with the feel of the clutch/engine off of certain corners. I found this only minutes before the first round so I rebult the 2-speed and Mr. Angulo did a great job in the pits making some adjustments to try and get it close. Other than a fly hitting me in the eye and going blind for a second...lol... The first run went ok. The second run I tried bigger tires but traction rolled in the sweeper and had a lot of trouble with the car diffing out. I think smaller/harder tires are in order for tommorow with possibly some set-up changes (I haven't flipped the coin yet!).

A lot of other drivers showed that they have great speed and it has the potential to be a very close and hard fought race. Jilles is running great but as others showed today they have the speed to shoot for the top spots. I think this has the potential to be one of the closest and hardest nitro WC's I've ever seen as so many drivers are so close. I think everyone watching is in for a great show!!

Time for some rest!! I'm sure RedRC will have awesome coverage tommorow and I'll try to add a little info from the US drivers.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

this is shaping up to be a great RC OLYMPICS GO U.S.A.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Everyone,

Well, practice is over and tommorow it's time to race (finally!). Today was an interesting day as it was the first time we ran in our heats and see where we might stack up in a 10 minute qualifier.

In round 1, Mr. Baker caught a curb, rolled and flamed out so he just used the run to get a better tune on his engine. In round 2, he had trouble with a broken antenna wire limiting his range so he couldn't drive (possibly resutling from a late run crash in round 1). Paulie ran well in both runs but complained of his engine changing tune a little during the runs. I think a change in the fuel line and a carb cleaning was his plan for tommorow. Ralphy set the quickest lap of the event so far with an 18.5 but crashes and extra pits for engine tuning didn't really show what he can do. Tosso, I think had a good first run other than a small misque on his pit strategy that made him make an extra stop for fuel. In the second, I think he traction rolled the first lap out of the pits and missed all of warm-up waiting for a chunked tire change. After, he got pounded during the pit stop by Bertin who appologized for the crash.

For myself, I found that my 2-speed was shifting into second and locking thus resulting in some of my problems with the feel of the clutch/engine off of certain corners. I found this only minutes before the first round so I rebult the 2-speed and Mr. Angulo did a great job in the pits making some adjustments to try and get it close. Other than a fly hitting me in the eye and going blind for a second...lol... The first run went ok. The second run I tried bigger tires but traction rolled in the sweeper and had a lot of trouble with the car diffing out. I think smaller/harder tires are in order for tommorow with possibly some set-up changes (I haven't flipped the coin yet!).

A lot of other drivers showed that they have great speed and it has the potential to be a very close and hard fought race. Jilles is running great but as others showed today they have the speed to shoot for the top spots. I think this has the potential to be one of the closest and hardest nitro WC's I've ever seen as so many drivers are so close. I think everyone watching is in for a great show!!

Time for some rest!! I'm sure RedRC will have awesome coverage tommorow and I'll try to add a little info from the US drivers.
Josh is the Fly alright J/K Good luck to all tomorrow
Old 08-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Fukada seems to have the pace for tq especially in the last round except for an incedent on lap 12 that added approx 7 seconds to his total time....

Looks like all the cars are upto pace now...
Old 08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Fukada seems to have the pace for tq especially in the last round except for an incedent on lap 12 that added approx 7 seconds to his total time....

Jillies and Daniel is also in strong contention.. they were consistent!!
Old 08-11-2008, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Man this is getting very exciting, Thanks Josh for all the updates.

Good luck to all the US drivers.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
Hey Everyone,

I think smaller/harder tires are in order for tommorow with possibly some set-up changes (I haven't flipped the coin yet!).

Best Quote of the day

Thanks Josh for all the updates good luck to you and the rest of the USA team.

See you in Vegas
Old 08-11-2008, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Does he still have the best lap so far?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Tech Regular

What up Josh?
Good luck I will see you at 8th scale Nationals?

Marty Barnes
Old 08-11-2008, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by choisan
Outside of lap 12 ... He seems to have the fastest pace and seems to have the fastest single lap if not he's pretty close....

It's just timed practice so far so I would guess that the top 12 will be even closer in times if that's even possible...lol

Good luck to Barry Baker and the rest of the U.S. drivers....
Old 08-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by choisan
So far i see Dario posted the best of 18.5.. or was it Torini?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Outside of lap 12 ... He seems to have the fastest pace and seems to have the fastest single lap if not he's pretty close....
Not bad, considering that the Mugen is the oldest car out there if I'm not mistaken.

does anyone know if they have updates on the MTX4 for this race?
Old 08-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Lord

I believe there was a a world kit develloped...

Is he also running the new Ninja? If so, not bad for an airplaine engine manufacturer
Old 08-12-2008, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
I think Serpent (especially Serpent USA) have currently bigger problems than racing at the worlds.
Michael Salven ain't there either..
too bad... what about mark greene , is he competing
Old 08-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roelof
I believe there was a a world kit develloped...

Is he also running the new Ninja? If so, not bad for an airplaine engine manufacturer
yeah i thinks so, besides the JX Ninja for buggies have been doing well too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.