Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2008 IFMAR 1/10 200mm On-Road World Championships: Aug 7-17

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well, if you have to have something that says IDM on it, here you go.

http://www.idmtuned.com/
Old 08-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
Popcorn is in the oven, this is getting interesting
You have an extra bag for me?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
You have an extra bag for me?

I need to see your ticket stub... this show ain't free
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yes, and with melted butter. By the way, your stuff is here, you'll have it by Wednesday.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Yes, and with melted butter. By the way, your stuff is here, you'll have it by Wednesday.
Thanks! don't forget to send the popcorn too

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I need to see your ticket stub... this show ain't free
Discounted?
Old 08-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Its all about money... All counterparts will say its their IDENTICAL EXACT engine that won the Worlds... Look at IDMTUNED.com, what does it say? IDM Picco won the worlds... Look at www.ofna.com, JLR Picco won the worlds... Give it a few days/weeks and youll be able to see at www.teampicco.com that an EDO Picco won the worlds... How can Daniel Ielasi won with three different engines? Answer is he did not use either of the engines these people claim. Why? Because he cannot possibly use 3 freaking engines at the same time, place, race. Use your heads, this is a marketting strategy. Chances are, and I agree with stefan, he used his own engine, with a blue head, simple as that. Want to know the truth? Steal his car/engine, open it and check it out for yourself.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:24 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Its all about money... All counterparts will say its their IDENTICAL EXACT engine that won the Worlds... Look at IDMTUNED.com, what does it say? IDM Picco won the worlds... Look at www.ofna.com, JLR Picco won the worlds... Give it a few days/weeks and youll be able to see at www.teampicco.com that an EDO Picco won the worlds... How can Daniel Ielasi won with three different engines? Answer is he did not use either of the engines these people claim. Why? Because he cannot possibly use 3 freaking engines at the same time, place, race. Use your heads, this is a marketting strategy. Chances are, and I agree with stefan, he used his own engine, with a blue head, simple as that. Want to know the truth? Steal his car/engine, open it and check it out for yourself.
It IS all marketing and money. But if he did used his own engine why not say it, Picco would still get the credit.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:30 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_geeky
It IS all marketing and money. But if he did used his own engine why not say it, Picco would still get the credit.
1. His website does say it.

2. I don't think he speaks English (could be wrong though).
Old 08-18-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Popcorn is in the oven, this is getting interesting

Ill have some MilkDuds with the popcorn
Old 08-18-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
1. His website does say it.

2. I don't think he speaks English (could be wrong though).
He speaks verry brokken Englishh
Old 08-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Lord

Even Serpent can say their Mega has won the worlds
IDM and JL are using the name Picco in their engine brand and is no more than a rebranded Picco, so why not take a share?

For Orion it is more like a shame if they use it because Orion was a real project with own technology (what ever is left of it) only produced by Picco and they do not use the name Picco.

Oh well... fanally Picco is WC and if you take a look to the real performance it was not by the save driving or fast (slow) laptimes but by the problems of others, everyone followed this worlds know it.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Thanks! don't forget to send the popcorn too

Discounted?
i go to work & come home all hell breaks lose what gives i like popcorn or if not just give me the bag i'll do the rest
Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by the_geeky

Estos naziz no saben nada!
I know Stefan can be a bit outspoken at times ( and that's fine ) , but this seems a bit nasty ....

BTW, I don't read LRP claiming a world championship anywhere - and they have Picco engines

Regardless, it's good to see that there seems to be yet another top notch engine for guys to choose from - yet again from Italy
Old 08-18-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

but you are talking about engine tuners here, IDM is engines modified by Ielasi himself, on the other hand EDO is engines modified by Eduardo himself, so we are talking about 2 different engine modifiers here and in this case he actually uses an engine modified by EDO to win a world championship, okay do you think Massimo Fantini will be willing to put a JP cooling head on his engine at a race? afterall they are both NovaRossi based engines, that means if you have your own line of modified engines then you will be using your own engine, and by the way, yes Mega can claim victory because Mega have EDO engine line, on the other hand IDM is..........IDM, and definitely IDM is not an EDO modified.

Last edited by Team Kamikaze; 08-18-2008 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Guys, Just to clarify that Daniele was using 'Picco' engines, not IDM. Daniele corrected us earlier in the week when we wrote IDM engines, he was never claiming to be running IDM, and then just using a Picco branded motor. This is a win for the Picco motor, and it was Picco that paid for his trip to the Worlds so he wanted us to emphasize this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.