Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
how many qualify ?
Marc in where ?

Whats so funny?????
Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

2 more qualification tomorrow right..? Last 2..?
Old 08-13-2008, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Solara
I ran my G4RS on a smooth 1/8th track here in joilet Illinois....my diff setup is easier and faster the spool. When using spool, you have to deal with throttle and brake control ALOT........that means, you have to change the way you drive....hard coming in the corner, then hard braking, and hard punching throttle...and do that 8-9 times per lap...times 45 minutes.

If not handling it correctly, your lap time is not going to be fast...I rather have a stable, easy to control and predictable car and made good lap times over and over then a 1 super fast lap and 8 horrible laps car...

Ask Jonnysocko...he ended up A-Main 4th place @ GLC using G4RS with front diff........may be that is a Team Magic G4RS thing (front diff)..might not apply to RRR MTX4R or NT1...
If conditions permits and front oneway will allow your car to be a bit faster then using a front diff... The key word is "if conditions permits"... A diff will make your car feel easier to drive and for some it will allow them to put down more consistent lap times, but with the right setup and proper traction, ie. high bite... a oneway will allow you to drive your car faster... Now the rest is skill... One fast lap and 8-9 slow laps using a oneway or spool could means alot of things... Hey, whatever makes you drive better... and that's what counts... but in the end, You'll be faster with the oneway regardless of what brand of car you drive... The rest is up to the driver.

RC_Alan
Old 08-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

how many qualify ?
Marc in where ?
I'm happy only !
but unknow have how many qualify ?
& not have see Marc in this post ,
he in which pos & do you have Marc's car photo ?

Old 08-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Tech Adept

Josh
Thanks for taking time out of a busy day to give a report !!!!!!!!!!
good luck to all the US drivers

c ya
Randy

Last edited by racen4; 08-14-2008 at 03:33 AM.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Ok im lost is the qualifying like what we do in a day but spread out over a week???
Old 08-13-2008, 03:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
RC_Alan - The reason for the diff was the traction level. At the track here, they do not clean the surface (blow it off) nor spray the track with any sort of compound (sugar, vht, etc). The traction is very low and really the only time you have a problem with traction rolling is more from the car catching a bump wrong and the end of the main straight. Honestly, if it would not have rained the other night I was going to try the spool but the grip dropped too much and it was just not possible.

Today was an interesting day. A few had a good day yesterday and others got it together a little today. Ralphy and Paul got good, solid runs in that may keep them in the Semi's for Saturday. Barry was extremely quick but had a crash into the pits in the first round and in the second he flamed out at the start which cost him as again he had a very fast car. Marc was able to finish the first round with a decient run dispite a pit miscommunication that cost him some time. In the second, I think some loose screws meant a stripped 2nd gear.

For myself, a very uneventful day. The engine ran great with the gearing and manifold changes but my car would barely turn around on a football field!! I'll elaborate on the problems more another day as this WC has definatly been just super frustrating. Tommorow, hopefully will be better.

As for the talk of the fuel, there is definatly a difference in the fuel that we purchased in the hobby shop to practice with vs. the fuel for the event. Averyone has had fits trying to re-tune their engines in the short 3 minute warm-up. Really, it's not even 3 minutes as they call everyone into the pits with 1 minute to 45 seconds left in warm-up. Only 2 minutes to break in tires and tune the engine with fuel that may or may not be close to what you had last time is tough for any race let alone something like a WC. I'm very happy to see that IFMAR will give the extra 2 minutes tommorow as now we will have the time to adjust and you won't have to drive like a maniac in warm-up to try and break tires in time for the start.

Tommorow morning may be the rocket round as the track will be very cool and still in the shadows for the top heats. With the extra time added to the program for tommorow though, we may run late enough in the evening to hit a cooling track to have another chance for some great times. Especially if there is some cloud cover. I am sure the order of things will change a lot tommorow so it should be a great day for racing (unless there's rain tonight...lol).

Until tommorow!
Josh again.. Thank for the updates and keeping the folks State side informed... I didn't know that traction was a problem. I know you, Barry B and the rest of Team USA will work through those things...

RC_Alan
Old 08-13-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beta bob
Ok im lost is the qualifying like what we do in a day but spread out over a week???
Yep, 6 rounds total, 2 rounds per day. One more day of qualifying to go.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

I'm happy only !

You can go to http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?dId[E]=1132&dId=&pSr=1 to folloowing the entire race or go to Redrc and they have download of where all the racers are currently...it has been a rough first nitro race for Marc but he will caught on in time...
Old 08-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Adept

I'm happy only !

Marc is currently 38th Rheinard Marc DE 31 10:11.433 in the 3rd round
Old 08-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmm

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
RC_Alan - The reason for the diff was the traction level. At the track here, they do not clean the surface (blow it off) nor spray the track with any sort of compound (sugar, vht, etc). The traction is very low and really the only time you have a problem with traction rolling is more from the car catching a bump wrong and the end of the main straight. Honestly, if it would not have rained the other night I was going to try the spool but the grip dropped too much and it was just not possible.

Today was an interesting day. A few had a good day yesterday and others got it together a little today. Ralphy and Paul got good, solid runs in that may keep them in the Semi's for Saturday. Barry was extremely quick but had a crash into the pits in the first round and in the second he flamed out at the start which cost him as again he had a very fast car. Marc was able to finish the first round with a decient run dispite a pit miscommunication that cost him some time. In the second, I think some loose screws meant a stripped 2nd gear.

For myself, a very uneventful day. The engine ran great with the gearing and manifold changes but my car would barely turn around on a football field!! I'll elaborate on the problems more another day as this WC has definatly been just super frustrating. Tommorow, hopefully will be better.

As for the talk of the fuel, there is definatly a difference in the fuel that we purchased in the hobby shop to practice with vs. the fuel for the event. Averyone has had fits trying to re-tune their engines in the short 3 minute warm-up. Really, it's not even 3 minutes as they call everyone into the pits with 1 minute to 45 seconds left in warm-up. Only 2 minutes to break in tires and tune the engine with fuel that may or may not be close to what you had last time is tough for any race let alone something like a WC. I'm very happy to see that IFMAR will give the extra 2 minutes tommorow as now we will have the time to adjust and you won't have to drive like a maniac in warm-up to try and break tires in time for the start.

Tommorow morning may be the rocket round as the track will be very cool and still in the shadows for the top heats. With the extra time added to the program for tommorow though, we may run late enough in the evening to hit a cooling track to have another chance for some great times. Especially if there is some cloud cover. I am sure the order of things will change a lot tommorow so it should be a great day for racing (unless there's rain tonight...lol).

Until tommorow!
good job youve been there B 4 just get er dun thanks for the update
Old 08-13-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

If you have the same number of ppl in your local race with same number of qualifying rounds vs this one, it prob take the same time.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Hi all, sorry but I don't have the energy to search all the pages so could someone please give me a link to a site thats showing the results? The host site is crappy and I cant tell what's going on.
So glad they are not enhancing the grip artificially, good drivers stay on the ribbon.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rjl
Hi all, sorry but I don't have the energy to search all the pages so could someone please give me a link to a site thats showing the results? The host site is crappy and I cant tell what's going on.
So glad they are not enhancing the grip artificially, good drivers stay on the ribbon.
http://www.myrcm.ch/myrcm/main?pLa=en&hId=evt&dId[E]=1144&pSr=1

http://www.myrcm.ch/pt/crap/11082008...C10/index.html

there you go!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.