Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Initiate

anybody know the specs of the stock servos st and thr. what r minimum torque 4 steering. also what is a good gearing for revelation raceway.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dominick i.
I am planning a full season with a team ntc3 kit purchased from ae last week. I plan to run on small circuits in the NYC area. Already purchased a cyntax clutch(k-factory) as well as an integy starter box. I've heard all the talk about serpent, mugen etc... and with some set up advice, I'm sure this car could be very competitive. My only concern is choosing the proper engine that won't tear the driveline up as I am hearing about the tremendous horsepower from recent .12 motors. Any suggestions?

Where do you plan on racing?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default for sale

anyone looking for a competition ready NTC3 FT race package, I have one posted in the for sale section

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=146916

regards-
TC_Tuner
Old 01-29-2007, 02:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Can some one explain the BMI ‘The Fix’. to me
Old 01-29-2007, 04:36 AM
Tech Adept

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by sook
Wayne, I dont believe that you have much of a choice with the ntc3 diffs. You could either try the front one way, or the solid spool. If you tighten the front diff in as far as it can go, you will pretty much have to replace the front diff gears as often as per race and risk it failing before the finish of the race. If you tighten it more than the allowable tolerence that ae actually put in their manual, then it will also strip. The other option is the front spool, which is the solid axle that you are refrencing. If you use the front spool, it will also strip the front or rear diff gears with a slight tap of the wall, or coming down from an airplane effect off of a curb or crash. Your best bet is to learn to drive fast with a front one way, or use the diff as issued by ae. It can be done either way you decide.
The Front Input Shaft Cup, Front Differential Gear and front drive pinion will wear real fast with a one-way. That's been my expreance with it. The diff upfront, set to the factory specs. is the way to go. It makes the car so easy to drive. The tighter the front diff, the more the car will start to pull to the left or right when you get on the gas. And if you tap the wall, with a one-way, more than likely, the differential gear or drive pinion will strip from the drive-shaft force.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:53 AM
Tech Initiate

I just got a new chassis for my NTC3 the black FT chassis and is was not completely flat is has a curve in it from front to back, how is one expected
to set up a car with a tweak in a new chassis I wanted to get a Gen 2 chassis from bmi but thay not make them any more, any one know a goods chassis for the NTC3.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I would go with the 4mm 3 racing chassis or the Kfactory ti chassis. But be worned I had quality issues with the 3racing chassis the holes were drilled just a little off which caused excessive play in my front and rear a-arms. But the chsssis is built like a tank.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sheer29
Can some one explain the BMI ‘The Fix’. to me
The fix is a set of very long 3mm screws that come up through the bottom of the chassis, through the bottom of the diff case (middle hole). You then take the two long silver tubes (nuts) and thread them on from the top through the shock tower. What it does is clamp the shock tower directly to the chassis / diff cases to make it almost 100% bullet proof. The kit only works on the front end of the car, or both ends if you are using the V1 suspension.
Old 02-02-2007, 05:28 AM
Tech Initiate

So two new cars from AE FT how long do we have to wait for a new NTC????
may be it's to hard to build a 1/10 car to beat the Mug and Kyo cars
hope not
Old 02-02-2007, 11:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

If AE follows suit they will finish the Electric TC5?. Before they start on the nitro model. The Ntc3 was just a beefy model of the electric tc3. But you are right The 1/10 scale nitro market is very competitive right now and withX-ray joining the party AE better have they Sh?t together. But If I know AE; they always make sure there ducks are all in a row before they shoot their wad
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by lil-bump
If AE follows suit they will finish the Electric TC5?. Before they start on the nitro model. The Ntc3 was just a beefy model of the electric tc3. But you are right The 1/10 scale nitro market is very competitive right now and withX-ray joining the party AE better have they Sh?t together. But If I know AE; they always make sure there ducks are all in a row before they shoot their wad

It will be interesting to see if AE design the next NTC?? because thay did design the TC5 but thay are being made by thunder tiger with metric nuts and screws, I wounder if thunder tiger will have a interest in the design of the next FT NTC?? I think thay will go will a belt driven car this time, how know, a wounder if the chassis will be like the mug, kyo serp cars with the fuel tank in the middle of the chassis for better balance one problem with the NTC3.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Initiate

I have just seen the new X ray car, are all the nitro car going to look the same am I the only one that thinks that it's tough seperating this car from a mugen or kyosho has touring car got the offroad car design disease now also? I hope if AE do a new NTC that it is a original design not a clone of the mugen like the new x ray NT1 is
Old 02-03-2007, 04:53 PM
Tech Initiate

guys the tc5 is finished it will be avaikable in april 1st or 2nd week. i was told by rick howart from ae that as of now they have no plans to make a ntc and that it will be a differemt car than tc5
Old 02-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nteec3
guys the tc5 is finished it will be avaikable in april 1st or 2nd week. i was told by rick howart from ae that as of now they have no plans to make a ntc and that it will be a differemt car than tc5
nteec3:

Is that spose to "no or now"? It would make more sense for it to be Now... but i need to ask
Old 02-05-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

u right for now makes sense ( now). any of u can tell me why i dont see any ntc3s at big races that makes it to the mains? even rick and many people say that with a good set up ntc3s are competitive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.