Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Old 08-09-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Regular

ANYONE!

i am not new to nitro but new to on-road. i have the HPI nitro mt with 2 speed, and associated rc10gt. i am looking at eith the Associated Nitro TC3 Factory kit (im likein the it A LOT), or an hpi. can anyone send me in the right direction as to what to choose and if hpi what one. (HPI Nitro RS4 3 Evo, or HPI Nitro RS4 3 18SS) it is mostly for street racing and club parking lot racing. if there is a good car with these paramiters post it so i can look into it.

I am looking for a shaft driven NOT BELT, 2 speed, and has very good overall speed!! (i will be doing some drag rceing with freinds)

Thank you!!!

just making shure i make the right choice before i spend all that money.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

who is tired of stripping out diff case, but does not want the heavy rd logics cases , try this instead :::::::::::::::

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1
Old 08-09-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You dont have to expend $25.99 plus shipping to keep the screws from falling off. Get a box of 3mm screws for about $10 for 100, and you can replace most screws on the car. The 3mm screw is a little bigger than the 4-40 and it works perfect. I think the lenght was about 5 or 6mm long. You can also some flathead ones for the bottom of the chassis.
Old 08-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by cars.cars.cars
ANYONE!
...i am looking at eith the Associated Nitro TC3 Factory kit (im likein the it A LOT), or an hpi. can anyone send me in the right direction as to what to choose and if hpi what one. (HPI Nitro RS4 3 Evo, or HPI Nitro RS4 3 18SS) it is mostly for street racing and club parking lot racing. if there is a good car with these paramiters post it so i can look into it.
cars, I've run all 3 of those cars and you're basically looking at 3 different price ranges. The EVO is complete RTR for around $270, all you need is batteries and fuel. It's a good kit, but lacks adjustability for club racing. The 18ss ($400 total) will be the fastest in a straight line (by far), but you need to buy a radio system and it won't be legal for club sedan racing. I found the HPI touring car design has a problem with many foam tires rubbing on the radio tray.

The FT NTC3 ($700 total) will be the best for club racing because of its adjustability and parts availability, but you'll need a radio system, engine and a starter box.

You could put a few hundred into the EVO kit for adjustable shocks, turnbuckles, radio tray, rear exhaust racing engine, etc. and have it close to the FT NTC3 in performance.

If you're looking at rtr, be sure to include the Associated Nitro TC3 plus, as well. I like it better than the EVO.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

im looking for a kit because it gives me a better feel for how the car is set up before i drive it or have to fix it. is the NTC3 good for parking lot races? because i dont have any rc clubs arround me. i have my local hobby store races every once and a while but it is just in the parking lot behind the store. what would be the best kit for this?
Old 08-09-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use my FT NTC3 for parking lots and it's great, the adjustability is very broad and the car handles the rough low traction surfaces very well.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree with NTC3Kitty. I run my FT NTC3 with rubber tires on a small parking lot track, and foam tires on a larger prepared surface track. The car excels on both with the recommended settings from the manual. If you want the kit experience, you can get the TC3 Plus rtr and do a complete tear-down and rebuild. The manual covers step-by-step building. As always, it's a great idea to hang out at local races and talk to the people there.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

im looking for a kit because it gives me a better feel for how the car is set up before i drive it or have to fix it. is the NTC3 good for parking lot races? because i dont have any rc clubs arround me. i have my local hobby store races every once and a while but it is just in the parking lot behind the store. what would be the best kit for this?
I know you are a new on on road....but sometimes, you just have to finalize on 1 car and 1 engine.
If you are not racing, just get the regular KIT for NTC3........if you want to spend extra $80-100, then get the FT NTC3 with some very usefull bling bling on it so it can be raced when you are ready for it....

Forget about the Team Orion engine....

OS TZ 3 port is your best bang for a $.......

Again, FT NTC3 (or NTC3), non pull start (PULL-START..? Are you kidding..?) and OS 12 TZ 3 port.....should be below $550 out the door....plus radio and stuff.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Excellent recommendations, Howard. I completely agree.

eBay, FT NTC3 kits are lately going for $295 BIN price.
www.rc-toro.com is selling both 3- and 5-port OS TZs for $185.

That's a pretty cracking nitro on-road car for $480 (not including shipping, radio and a few random parts needed to finish it). Hard to beat that, for the quality of car you can get. Besides the fact that just about every hobby shop carries NTC3 parts.

This car is an eBay-purchased FTNTC3 with a 5-port OSTZ, with Protoform Cadillac CTS 200mm body, with Futaba digital HRS radio gear and a front diff added (also found new on eBay). Everything in the car is top shelf stuff. You really need little that isn't in the box to have a really fantastic car.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Regular

Whats the FT NTC3?
Old 08-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Factory Team Edition
Old 08-10-2005, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Whats the FT NTC3?
A nicely equipped NTC3 = FT, Factory Team...bling bling version.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

ok at tower hobbies that is like 350$. plus you need an engine, starter box, battery charger, radio, and servo's. all that adds up and it comes to like 900$
thats a lot of money. i want somee thing where the wole kit and every thing i need is like 700-800$ (US) no more.

I would love to get the FT NTC3 ! but it is a little to rich for my blood! any other car suggestions?
Old 08-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

ok at tower hobbies that is like 350$. plus you need an engine, starter box, battery charger, radio, and servo's. all that adds up and it comes to like 900$
thats a lot of money. i want somee thing where the wole kit and every thing i need is like 700-800$ (US) no more.

I would love to get the FT NTC3 ! but it is a little to rich for my blood! any other car suggestions?
Then you should not ask for anything about KIT....KIT does not give you anything.......you buy a FT NTC3 and some FAST engine, but you are going to use some $100 RTR radio system that will not work with your cars and engine (not for long, or not enough torque for steering and not fast enough for throttle)....then your car drive like $hit, at the end, that is a waste.

Last year, I went to some Hobby town club race, to help a friend to tune his stock RTR version 1 NTC3 (everything stock)......only put a set of foam tires, no other bling bling and ran 1 qualifer for him, jumped from D main to B-main........proved to him that NTC3 RTR can be GOOD....just not good enough for A-main.........he was thinking to sell his NTC3 RTR and get the Serpent 710....untill I stopped him cause I proved to him that RTR can be fast, as long as you know setup secret and know how to drive..........

Get the NTC3 RTR plus kit...........$300...done.

How much do you want to bet Barry Baker can beat anyone of us here with a NTC3 RTR Plus in any giving day and location...? Give him a set of foams and I don't think I can even hang with him more then 10 minutes.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

cars, you can probably do the FT NTC3 kit, radio, engine, starter box and batteries for $800, with a budget futaba or airtronics radio system. Don't forget tires, fuel and a body (and then more tires and another body...)

Bottom line, you're looking at around $400 for the NTC3 plus or EVO RTR with some good tires, fuel and batteries. The NTC3 has the edge for racing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.