Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Old 03-30-2005, 12:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default lol

Thanks for clearing that for me(and others?).I just like understanding the little things also.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can someone with a centax on their NTC3 send me or post a picture of the car from the back looking at the engine, level with the car. So, looking threw the left rear arms at the clutch. I'm trying to see how much clearence I will have so I can make a tool to adjust the centax.

From the top, looking strait down at the engine as well if posible.

Thanks.

John
Old 03-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone have a good setup for a tight technical track. I was browsing through the Barry Baker setups and it seems that they are all for fast flowing tracks. I tried the BB Las Vegas 04 Setup and it felt loose in the rear.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

i would also like to know the set for i am racing on a pretty tight track also..btw i thought u guys mite want to check out a ntc3 forum..here it is:
http://nitrotc3drifter.proboards43.com/index.cgi
Old 03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by losispeed
Anyone have a good setup for a tight technical track. I was browsing through the Barry Baker setups and it seems that they are all for fast flowing tracks. I tried the BB Las Vegas 04 Setup and it felt loose in the rear.
If its a bit loose in the rear try adding some more toe-in or some more neg camber.
Heres a setup i used a few months ago on a fairly tight track-

Front-
Camber: -2 deg
Caster: 12 deg
Toe-out: 0.5 deg
Roll bar: 45 deg
Spring: Purple
Oil: 40wt
Height: 5.5mm (track quite bumpy in parts)

Rear-
Camber: -2
Toe-in: 2 deg
Height: 6.5mm
Spring: Red
Oil: 40wt
Diff setting: 1/2 turn out
Roll bar: stock Factory team kit bar

Tyres- Ellegi 40 shore all round, 26mm front, 30mm rear
Cheers
Old 03-31-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Adept

Will the "fix" help with stripping of the front ring gear ?

The only drawbacks I noticed on the NTC3 was the front ring gears getting wasted and pillow balls bend rather easily . Besides that It seems pretty solid . Parts are easy to get and are reasonable in price .
Old 04-01-2005, 03:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Eddie
Will the "fix" help with stripping of the front ring gear ?

The only drawbacks I noticed on the NTC3 was the front ring gears getting wasted and pillow balls bend rather easily . Besides that It seems pretty solid . Parts are easy to get and are reasonable in price .
It might as it helps reduce flex in the cases. Best solution is to not hit things If using a one-way and if at all possible, let off the trigger when about to hit something. On power will increase your chances of stripping the gears.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:04 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If you're stripping the ring gear you may not have it shimmed correctly. What I heard some people doing was changing the shims for more backlash in the gears (the gap between the ring and pinion). This frees up the gear a little so there's less drag on the drivetrain, but it also weakens the gears. This is a good tip for an electric car, but a nitro car produces far more power. Shim the diff the way the instructions show it.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

As mentioned previously, if you shim the gears according to the instructions they should be okay.
Also, dont go too overboard with the Stealth Lube, the gears dont need vast amounts of it.....a small amount applied to the gears will do the job.
Cheers
Old 04-01-2005, 05:42 PM
Tech Adept

I did adjust the shims to give it a little more backlash and seemed to help , most likely im hitting stuff on power , used to racing 1/8 offroad when you bully your way through the track , thanks for the info , i did pick up "the fix " though just for extra security , now im gonna try to free up the drivetrain and make the car more efficent .
Old 04-02-2005, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys I have a couple of question about picking up a used ntc3, what are somethings to look out for and some things to look for when buying a used nitro car.

thanks for the help,

lazyboy
Old 04-02-2005, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I`d be checking to make sure that the engine was in good condition.........turn over the flywheel and ifs theres good compression it shouldnt be easy to turn over once it reaches TDC.
If possible take the backplate off and check the conrod etc....if its too carboned up i`d be looking at another car.
Cheers
Old 04-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AndyT ©
I`d be checking to make sure that the engine was in good condition.........turn over the flywheel and ifs theres good compression it shouldnt be easy to turn over once it reaches TDC.
If possible take the backplate off and check the conrod etc....if its too carboned up i`d be looking at another car.
Cheers
thanks
Old 04-02-2005, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

tomorrow morning im off to my first race.

its gonna be raining too, so on goes my old foams.

its gonna be drift heaven mixed with dying electronics.

anyone have a good rain setup?
Old 04-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

g'luck and tell us how it goes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.