Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by revzalot
The car has a bad habit of chunking the rear tires with the V2 suspension.
could it be your setup or track barriers? I found the V2 to be very much better than V1. Use 3degree or more for the rear cambers. In fact after using the V2, I have too much steering.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

could it be your setup or track barriers? I found the V2 to be very much better than V1. Use 3degree or more for the rear cambers. In fact after using the V2, I have too much steering.
I'm running -4 camber in the rears. I also have too much steering in my setup.
Old 08-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a look at the TC4 pics & blurb. I dont think we will see a NTC4 for a while yet. The major improvments to the car seem to be taken from the NTC3.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:21 AM
Tech Elite

just had my run today and yes I have a lot of steering too, so much that I am only using the front roll bar and removed the rear. Also running on 12degrees caster. What springs are you using for the front and rear? My suspension setup is purple front, red rear, both 60wt, front inner upper shock position while the rest is std position.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by soc123_au
Had a look at the TC4 pics & blurb. I dont think we will see a NTC4 for a while yet. The major improvments to the car seem to be taken from the NTC3.
Agree with you on this, glad they are making the hingepin a little thicker as the TC3 ones bend kinda easily. Anyway I hope the NTC3 will not be outdated in the next 3 years as its still a darn nice car to drive, race and bash.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I wonder what they're going to change because there's so many hop ups out there that can improve the NTC3. I wonder if they're going to make it CD3 like? It'll be lower cg and the engine can take any pipe. I hope they'll do better because AE is known for innovations. I believe they can do better. Time will tell. As for now, I'll race the crap out of my NTC3. The car has a bad habit of chunking the rear tires with the V2 suspension.
I doubt the NTC4 will be the FW-05R/CD3 wannabe, no, not from Team Assoicated...........they rather get a slow car then a copycat......and as you can see from the TC4, the NTC4 is probably going to be replaced the motor, battery, esc with a fuel tank, 2 speed and a engine................of course, I am sure they are not going to make the SHOCK TOWER and fuel tank pressure nipple mistakes this time..............LOL
Old 08-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

I personally never setup anything larger then -3 degree......when you have -4 degree rear, of course, you will have too much steering..........give it a try with -3 degrees or less, I actually have to use softer tires to get enough steering on my front.

About V2 chuncking tires..............not my case, they just ran the same as V1.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Centax

Originally posted by CHUCKMANDO
Hi Rookie,
We left off you were going to try the centax. Did it solve your slipping? I ran this weekend. As usual the ver1 ran well, but a few tanks into it someone stopped on the straight, didn't say anything and you guessed it, plowed him. Couldn't avoid it, was dueling with a jp 5 port driven kyosho which had a large top end. Only broke a pivot ball and a lower front arm. Not bad.

Ver 2 I set up pertty much like v1, but spun out during hard exceleration after a sharp right turn. Really had to baby it there. I ran 42's all around. Sure 40's in the rear would have solve it or my lola body, but I wanted to finish with my 42s since temp should soon start going down, and forgot the lola. Seems I will stick to diffs for now
Well, I don't have a chance to run the Centax at the track, but I did have a chance to run it on a parking lot (for straight line running) with the MTX3 centax last night..........

About your V2 V1 setup, good to hear that you are still getting good handling.....when I was racing last week with a broken pipe, OIL/FUEL is coming out from the bottom of the pipe then flew toward to the rear wheel........I lose good 3 laps because I was fishtailed on each hair pin corners......that is NOT FUN.

And for you........try 40 f/r or even 37f/r.............for me, faster lap times and a WIN are way more important then $20.

YES, it does solved my slipping problem..........25 minutes, 5 tanks NON STOP beating on the engine and running back and forward on a 100 feet straight kicking the 2-speed........at the end of the run, I still have the SAME SPEED of the straight compare to the first minutes, that means, the clutch is still kicking....

On Sunday race, my 2 shoes clutch was slipping after a 5 minutes main....I can tell because I didn't adjust nothing on engine and 2-speed but the car is definitely slower and the engine REV is so loud that I can hear that from the driver stand....

Now, I just need to use my good engine (x12) and put a NEW PIPE (I was testing the centax last night with a HOLE at the bottom of my dual chambered pipe....idling is very bad and I think it does some weird effect on the engine performance...) and test it on the track this Sunday.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spawn
just had my run today and yes I have a lot of steering too, so much that I am only using the front roll bar and removed the rear. Also running on 12degrees caster. What springs are you using for the front and rear? My suspension setup is purple front, red rear, both 60wt, front inner upper shock position while the rest is std position.
For those who have too much steering.......if changing harder tires, changing springs, adjusting diff are NOT your options, try STAND UP the front shock (upper) mounting position 1 hole at a time...and LOWER your rear shock mounting (upper) position 1 hole at a time..........you can tell the different immediately.

The more VERTICAL position of your shock, the less traction you will get.......in your case, you want less traction at front, more traction at rear....

Also, camber, my front was set at -2.5 and rear was set at -3.0....

If you are not using sway bar at rear....don't even bother to use it at front....that works even better.
Old 08-31-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spawn
Agree with you on this, glad they are making the hingepin a little thicker as the TC3 ones bend kinda easily. Anyway I hope the NTC3 will not be outdated in the next 3 years as its still a darn nice car to drive, race and bash.
Next 3 years......? I wish that really happen....it is just too good to be true, but 3 years is a long time, I would say probably 1 year from now we should see the NTC4......

I am sure NTC4 will not use the pivot ball hingpin design like the TC4, those are for electric Touring car to adjust toe and dive by replace or add spacerd and blocks........NITRO does not need to replace or add anything, they just need wrenching on the pivot balls or camber links.

I would like to see NTC4 with the revision pertaining to the previoius problems that can be found on NTC3...

(1) shock towers....make it 1 piece with the upper diff case or like 3racing, a 1 piece mounting with the upper diff case then use a carbon fiber shock towers.....

(2) Fuel tank....any mod is better to eliminate those bubbles...

(3) More top speed on gears option (22/29T..?)...also, please update their 0.8 module so we can use different tooth combo and not limited to 4 T or 6T onlys (like OFNA or Hongnor design....)

(4) RPM bumper and ball cups, STANDARD.

(5) Stronger chassis.....3mm at least.

(6) Thicker front pivot balls like old Serpent cars?

(7) Front and rear ROLL CENTER options.......well, at least, more on the front....so the NTC4 can have the same options like 710 or MTX or FW-05R.

(8) Tank protection (if NTC4 are still using the same kind of pipe)...just pick up 3racing carbon side brace and put AE tag on it like Yokomo 1-way....

(9) Centax as a Factory Team option.....and redesign the standard 2 or 3 shoes clutch shoes/clutch.

Not even have 10 things to mod..........and I think that is a more then enough RACE READY machine....

Last edited by Rookie Solara; 08-31-2004 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Yeah and we'll call it the NTC4 Rookie Solara Racing Edition.
Old 08-31-2004, 10:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll continue testing with the above. I'm using yellow springs front and 50 wt up front as well. Stock caster setting and front middle shock position. I'm using rear inner hole camber turnbuckels. The car is loose which I like. On throttle steering is sweet. The only issue is the car gets too loose going into a turn.
Old 08-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah and we'll call it the NTC4 Rookie Solara Racing Edition.
Thanks for making fun of me.....................(LOL) I think ROOKIE is not a very good selling point of a RACE MACHINE
Old 08-31-2004, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

http://www.team-orion.ch/global/global_news.asp?id=2520
Old 08-31-2004, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

I'll continue testing with the above. I'm using yellow springs front and 50 wt up front as well. Stock caster setting and front middle shock position. I'm using rear inner hole camber turnbuckels. The car is loose which I like. On throttle steering is sweet. The only issue is the car gets too loose going into a turn.
hey I had the same conclusion when I used the rear inner hole upper link. The car seems to have lots of steering in mid and exit of the turn. I have tried all position and finds that the best is still the stock position, very consistent in the turns and lots of grip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.