Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
Boost: Myth or not, it worked for us. But there is so much more important stuff to do or know about before you even could notice any advantages...
What important stuff that needs to be done or other things to know which may favour putting a boost bottle?
Old 04-17-2004, 12:58 PM
Tech Regular

Years of experiance to start with. There is seldom any parts that will actually make you any faster, its the knowledge of bringing out the best of it that is the most important I think. Assembling an engine right, having the ear to adjusting it right, run-in etc, etc. And propobly the #1 on the go-fast list is driving and setting the car up so you'll allow the engine to show. Slow in a corner - slow at the straight, fast in a corner... you get the picture.

A boost bottle (or whatever gizmo) wont compensate for that of course.

Just so there is no missunderstanding, at the euros in Portugal '03, our engine was not any faster then anyone elses I think either. Even though it was a huge track it was'nt a motor-track so to speak. You had to have an easy to drive car so you could keep up the corner speed and make it run for the whole heat (or final) without running out of fuel or get vapoor lock etc. In that deparment we failed...
Old 04-17-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I just ran my ft ntc3 for the first time today, ended up 2nd out of 40 guys (decent size club/trophy race), it was the first race of the season though so it was my first time with the car so I didnt quite figure it out... If anyone has advice for a low to meduim grip rather open track (its decent asphalt, prepped)

I am running (and my car is pushing, I like ALOT of steering, it just doesnt rotate enough medium to low speed, fast high speed full throttle sweepers its mint though):

Front: castor in the middle, 40 Nitro Shoe's, red springs, shock on the outside hole on tower and outside on arm, stock roll center, shocks: 70 weight with 2 pistons, diff, no toe in.

Rear: top camber link, red springs with 70 oil and 2 pistons, 2 degrees of toe, diff, 40 nitro shoe's, sway bar: vertical

Other: Body RD Logics, mt-12 w/ MIP clutch, RD Logics pipe...

any suggestions would be great, so far a guy who runs there suggested 35 fronts (then it would wear even as well)
Old 04-17-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You didn't mention your droop settings, but I suppose you could add a touch more in the rear.
Also, try moving your front shocks one hole in on the tower and maybe add a bit of toe-out.
If the rear end is really locked, you can take away a bit of toe from there as well.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Gears

Originally posted by InitialD
Yup. I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Ellegi tire's more open foam cell structure favour smooth and closed type asphalt.
I also thought I had read something similar to that based on someone else's findings but I also might be wro..... hang on here it is funny enough.

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.as...6334&sm=1&fi=1

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=8048

But I guess that's beside the point and the impression that was trying to be projected.

Last edited by EVOLUTION; 04-18-2004 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-17-2004, 09:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Niklas Edlund
Years of experiance to start with.
You mean like 27 years?
Old 04-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Adept

where do you guys put your Fuel filter at???

- Dust
Old 04-18-2004, 01:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
You mean like 27 years?
Well, more like practice & test a lot, learning the dynamics... Its easy to think "gizmos" will make you take a short cut in race development... I dont belive that.
Old 04-18-2004, 07:33 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gears

I also thought I had read something similar to that based on someone else's findings but I also might be wro..... hang on here it is funny enough.

http://www.mytsn.com/forums/forum.as...6334&sm=1&fi=1

http://www.mytsn.com/publ/publ.asp?pid=8048

But I guess that's beside the point and the impression that was trying to be projected.
Woow ! Thanks for jogging my memory... That's not bad on the cut and paste job ! Good links. Not bad at all seeing that it all comes from mytsn which I so frequent !

While you cannot do part numbers, at least you improve at the copy / paste thing. Perhaps you should apply for the secretarial job thingy at Serpent. I'll talk to Pieter and he would probably be glad to pay somebody lower.
Old 04-18-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gears

Originally posted by InitialD
Woow ! Thanks for jogging my memory...
I'm sure for someone like yourself who copies and pastes quite often from Michael's and Julius's articles (among others) while saying things like "I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere....", your mind didn't need any jogging at all. I just thought I would provide some links to where you got some of your info from so that others can learn from Michael's articles also rather then just read what someone else has used for an ego trip behind smoky mirrors.
Old 04-18-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default where to buy?

i want to buy nitro ae tc3, who got the best prices for rtr and kits. also does the rtr come with 2 speed? and whats the mojor differences between rtr and kit besides motor and electronics
Old 04-18-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Gears

I'm sure for someone like yourself who copies and pastes quite often from Michael's and Julius's articles (among others) while saying things like "I may be wrong but I thought I read somewhere....", your mind didn't need any jogging at all. I just thought I would provide some links to where you got some of your info from so that others can learn from Michael's articles also rather then just read what someone else has used for an ego trip behind smoky mirrors.
LOL classic stuff.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:34 PM
Tech Adept

Any Clue for a place on The NTC3 for a Fuel Filter. I am totally stumped!!!

Thanks

- Dust
Old 04-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i ziptied one to the handle
Old 04-18-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

NEWS ALERT!

Barry Baker TQ'd and won the Speedline Grand Prix in Las Vegas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.