Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 07:31 PM

Hi Swen, how ya been?? No have'nt run the K stuff yet, still cold weather here, another month at least before we can practice. The K stuff is sweet, ( well better than stock). I still think the version 2 would be better. Less roll center?? But... I have enough k stuff to run all season if we choose, I'm gonna wait and see what everybody else thinks of it here. The no rear toe buckles will prob. be the best bet!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on the 2 speed!!
I'll save my money, if that's all the difference is. We never really had a problem with the version 1. BB
Old 02-12-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey all a couple things I want to say/ask,

I have my brand new TC3 sitting on my desk dying to be run!!! just have one thing that bugs me...why did AE put "ears" on the bumper??? they don't fit in the body, so I cut them off.

Also, about the 2-speed, I noticed people temd to have problems wih it, could anyone tell me what the main problems that cause them so I jnow what I should check out first, though It won't be shifting right away since I have to break in the engine first.

I was reading the thing about starterboxes and flywheel size. I have a pull start in the car now, but also have a AE starter box I plan to use with my car (when I get tired trying to start it with the pull-start). I noticed that when the starter's wheel and flywheel are aligned right, the starter wheel shouldn't hit the chassis. So if you are tearing up you starter wheel, jsut make sure the wheel is hitting the flywheel PERFECTLY!!! Though this applies to all cars it should be noted here as well.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Evilpete
hey all a couple things I want to say/ask,

I have my brand new TC3 sitting on my desk dying to be run!!! just have one thing that bugs me...why did AE put "ears" on the bumper??? they don't fit in the body, so I cut them off.

Also, about the 2-speed, I noticed people temd to have problems wih it, could anyone tell me what the main problems that cause them so I jnow what I should check out first, though It won't be shifting right away since I have to break in the engine first.

I was reading the thing about starterboxes and flywheel size. I have a pull start in the car now, but also have a AE starter box I plan to use with my car (when I get tired trying to start it with the pull-start). I noticed that when the starter's wheel and flywheel are aligned right, the starter wheel shouldn't hit the chassis. So if you are tearing up you starter wheel, jsut make sure the wheel is hitting the flywheel PERFECTLY!!! Though this applies to all cars it should be noted here as well.
Dear Evilpete,

The AE "ears" that you have mention is just to protect the front wheel, but usually the bumper will crack esily as you keep on hitting object. It is better to use RPM bumper (blue color). it save your car lot from hitting damage.

For the second gear, I don see any problem on that just follow the manual book exactly and also make sure both springs are in good condition.

The starter box, normally the good practise is don try to drag the flywheel by the starter box too long if the engine cannot start. It should be a short contact time. Try to used full charge battery all the time as it will help to start the engine start faster. The starter box wheel hitting chasis is normal.

thamjk
Old 02-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know the part # for the out drive cups for the yokomo one way, I have lost one & cant find a replacement.
I got the oneway on the net & no one in AU carries parts for it.
The instructions with the original oneway are in japanese so I cant get a # off them. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:01 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Evilpete
I noticed that when the starter's wheel and flywheel are aligned right, the starter wheel shouldn't hit the chassis. So if you are tearing up you starter wheel, jsut make sure the wheel is hitting the flywheel PERFECTLY!!! Though this applies to all cars it should be noted here as well.
i dont think you need to tear up your SB..

JUST make sure your SB rubberwheel and the flywheel is aligned nicely. My SB have GUIDE PINS so that EVERYTIME i put my car on the SB it will align perfectly with the SB rubberwheel. no big issue.

for 2nd gear... just watch out for your clutch shoe and spring. Like thamjk told you... take a look at the spring. If the clutch shoe spring is loosening up... it will also effect the engine's idle and 'punch' when you throttle it. I dont believe it at first... but it has happened to me and i change to a new spring... my engine idle and give 'punch' nicely to the car.

in short... just keep a set of clutch spring as spare also.

mop
Old 02-13-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by soc123_au
Does anyone know the part # for the out drive cups for the yokomo one way, I have lost one & cant find a replacement.
I got the oneway on the net & no one in AU carries parts for it.
The instructions with the original oneway are in japanese so I cant get a # off them. Any help would be appreciated.
Yea I have the same problem also I striped the diff gear and I dont know where to get any the Associated one doesnt work so if anyone knows the orginal part number that would be great.
Old 02-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just take the associated diff gear and round the hole out with a dremel to make it fit the yokomo one-way, that is the way that we do it. no problems with it after the new gear went on.
Old 02-13-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

You can get the Yokomo one-way outdrive cups here......

www.speedtechrc.com

just go under spare parts... then click on NTC3 then click on Factory Team 2 page... and they are towards the bottom of the page.......

hope this helps
Old 02-15-2004, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks FirstLoser, I will give them a try. I use the AE gears & use a body reamer to open up the hole.
Old 02-25-2004, 12:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

just broke in engine and ready to run my os.12cvr(p), had a nova in there before, but the transmission is not shifting into second gear i think at least i do not hear it. could my shift be that quite or is it just not shifting, have it out 4 full turns, taken apart and still not working right like i said not hearing it shift i could before i installed this new engine, plus it sound as if my enigine is reving to high that is why i think that it is not shifting, checked the springs made they looked good, screws were turned out the same amout, could not know what it could be, any help would be appreciated
Old 02-25-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Rene,
some times tc3s tranmission shift very quitely and you will not here it shift,to know if your tc3 is shifting or not accelerate very slowly until you reach full throtle, if you do not here it shift its not shifting....make sure everthing is installed by the book.
Old 02-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

I've done this on my previous cars:

Hold the car off the ground, and slowly accelerate to full throttle. You should feel the car "jolt" suddenly when it shifts.

Of course, I did this with my old Type SS. The two speed uses a finger type 2 speed which is less smooth.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok let me ask this, since i had a nova in there now a os, would i might maybe have to pull foward the shifting point since the nova had alot more rpm on top end making it shift into second? this thing really has me confused
Old 02-27-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Id like to know which pipe would be better for a large track,
The RD logic dual chamber or the factory dual chamber, i have both of them and i have been using the RD logic for small to medium tracks and it works great,but i noticed that the factory pipe is longer than the RD logic pipe making me think that if its longer it will give me more RPM when i hit the strech.

I saw the Ofna pipe for the LD3 car and it looks like a happy medium between the Factory and RD logic pipes.

Any help on this topic will be well appreciated.
Old 02-28-2004, 05:13 AM

I've used every pipe possible on the NTC3, even went as far as making a center pipe design run down the middle and out the rear of the car.
The RD Lodgics Turbo pipe is the best pipe on the market today I think, short and long tracks. I hope in the near future RD Lodgics market they're new pipe design into the NTC3 pipes.
(Dennis Richey design).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.