Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2003, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by coastaltony
I'm getting ready to replace the stock clutch shoes on my rear exhaust kit. CrazyNut, or MIP shoes? Any last minute thoughts?
Also what is the AE HD spring part number?

I've run into a problem with the aluminum clutch shoes...and maybe I didn't know this. but they have a tendency to wear funny...the material from the shoe spreads over the edge,and wears a groove in the flywheel(causing teh shoes to get stuck,and not move free)..I could actually hold the shoes in teh OUT position,and they would stay there(with HD springs)..My new OS TR didn't have any punch..now I know why..

I'm going to put Kyosho 3mm washers under the shoes so they ride off the flywheel...This way,when they wear,they won't dig in..

(was I supposed to know this?)...also,the clutchbell is GONE in less than half a gallon...

I think they need to be made out a slightly softer material...

but I'll tell you what..they do grab,thats for sure..

ALSO,instead of using those associated endbell screws and shimms on a SG shaft motor,I'm using Kyoshos IFW 35 bell guide..

it actually holds the bell with more support..no side wiggle..it uses a big 3 mm screw,and none of those tiny shims to deal with..plus the whole face of the outer ball bearing is supported...
Old 07-04-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by che
Well yes, those 2 did not hit anything. They kept is straight and clean, hence the win and 3rd place finishes.

I on the other hand 'rubbed' a few boards and did 'some' damage (pushed rear toe link in and bent a pivot ball), but nothing worse than I have done on previous cars...
And I now 'fixed' those 2 known issues so it has not happened again since.

The NTC3 is not as 'beefy' or 'overkill' as some of the other sedans out there, but this helps the acceleration and overall speed. It is not meant to be riding the rails, but what car is.
try putting some Kyosho KC18 3mm stoppers on each side of the turnbuckle(behind the ball cups)...

they wont go anywhere...
Old 07-04-2003, 03:39 PM

Sorry Harry, you said, has more speed. I kinda relate more speed with Top End speed. Hmmm, I must be confused!
Old 07-04-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by bbntc3
Sorry Harry, you said, has more speed. I kinda relate more speed with Top End speed. Hmmm, I must be confused!
no problem......racing this weekend?
Old 07-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys ...

What foams will fit properly on this darn thing?

I have ellegis and Fast tires that were used on my Mugen that fit properly on the NTC3 (albiet a little tigh) but now I've picked up some SpeedMind foams and the friggen things just will not fit.

Whats up with that?

As far as I know, there is only one standard sized foam tire hex?
Old 07-04-2003, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use Jaco nitro shoes and love em. Ceck the clearance on the rim and pivotballs.
Old 07-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

The clearance is fine ... just the hex won't fit in, and its tight on the axle.

Grrr
Old 07-04-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

The hole in the wheels are to small. I guess they are metric, drill out the center hole and they should be fine.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the special ball ends w/ the longer necks part number 6270. in the nitro tc3 manual it is said that the steering will be more aggressive. I was wondering if anyone has tried these??

thanks Jason
Old 07-05-2003, 05:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hi... does anyone have or know of a site on how to rebuild my novarossi 5 port engine? it has a leak... thanks
Old 07-05-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by chorner
The clearance is fine ... just the hex won't fit in, and its tight on the axle.

Grrr
I use Speedmind with no problems after openning up the axle hole to fit the axle and filing down the hexes. The hexes that came with my kit were too large for the Pro-Line wheels included with the kit. No big deal, a couple passes on each face and the hexes fit just fine on every wheel I've tried and own.
Old 07-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Tech Adept

Default enough is enough

how much complaining is possible with the ntc3 ,, i have read all 158 pages on this thread , and the one on the rczone website ,, and all i can think about is thank god i am not a newbie looking for a car ,, if i was , i would never ever even think about buying this car,
the ntc3 is NOT A FRAGILE CAR , i race every single weekend at a parking lot track in jersey , with concrete borders, and milville track in jersey also , and becuase i am not a great driver i crash and crash hard, i ran a mugen mt-12 engine in my STOCK NTC3 with original tank and stock muffler for the longest time with no problems, at all , NONE ,, THERE IS NO WAY A CAR CAN GIV EYOU TUNING PROBLEMS ,,, if you have tuning problems , its the enigne not that car, and dont gimme the tank excuse , associated has been using that design forever, hell i hvea one in my oal pan car ,, and never had a problem with it,, why in the ntc3 would it be different .. oh ,, if orgot ,, it wouldnt be , ,,, as for the exhaust issues,, i haev none either ,,, and i race it ,, i place decent,, and if it wasnt for the corner dots , i would probally win every once in a while ,
please stop the bitching ,,,

frank13
Old 07-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Elite

you tell them, Frankie Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-05-2003, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default lol

hey fast harry are you going to hpi challeng ein nj this year,,,,

and just so you know we are racing at the millville track tomorrow ,, it will be a small turn out ,, but good to get some pratice in ,,,,

i was just stating what i see,,,,, its a shame to seeNTC3NUT leave the hobby for a while , ---i boght his car last month ,, so now i am using his car for the time being ,, just for a new car ,, i couldnt belive how nice his car was, ,,

i love this car,, i am used to hpi nitro cars, and i have tried a serpent and a trinity ,, -- to no avail ,,, and i really like teh way this car is ,, the handling is prdeictable,, the brakes work great ,, the car is incredibly easy to adjust ,, support is incredible , the kit goes together extremely easy ,

i couldnt wait to get my hands on one when it came out ,, i have already raced a ntc3 conversion ,, and was very happy with the car, but i am sooo happy associated came out with the ntc3 ----

frank13
Old 07-05-2003, 02:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maybe the people who have problems with the car just have bad luck and get a faulty part. it happens, its not unheard of. And maybe these are the people that happen to post the most about them. It happens.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.