Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by bbntc3
Fast Harry! I never at no time said I hate this car! I helped start this forum! I damn sure ain't leaven! I fixed my car and was trying to help other people with the same troubles.
You also said you never had gear troubles, but when you heard the new gears were out, you were the first one on the band wagon here posting about how to get them? Yea no gear trouble!
Why would I want to call AE and asked about the problems? They would just blow smoke up my ass like you are trying to do!
How come under all your signatures I fail to see the quote, "Your an Arrogant ASS"? That should be there, man! ENOUGH SAID!!!! BB

I was posting on how to get them,so what?.....I've never had a problem,but like to always update my car,and see new stuff.....

you didn't like the gears,the pipe stinks,the car overheats,teh company that makes it are liars and so on..you're working to get it better...

Meanwhile,people are posting all around you that their car runs fine....

doesn't sound good for someone with all your experiance...

if you'd like,why not take a trip to Jersey over the summer...I could take a look at your car,you could see 15 Tc3's that run great,we can all help you get your car running good,it would end your hostility,and you would be able to present yourself on the forums as a happy tc3 owner rather than a small minded person that has to resort to calling a person you've never met an ass because he has an opinion thats different than yours...

heres what I should add to my sig's....

Profanity is the attempt of a weak and feeble mind to express itself forcefully.......

Last edited by fastharry™; 03-25-2003 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by drive4fun
Hello Allz,
This is really getting on my nerves everyone here is starting to fight for one stupid reason... I look over and read this forum because i will be getting my ntc3 rtr im a newbie to nitro so i want a jump start so see the issues etc.. and i come and see all of this arguement i thought this was meant to help people out with there problems they cant solve... or new things coming out what are good and what are bad... Just stop this verbal abuse and if you buy the car dont give negative feedback on it i know its one of the top best cars out there for a very good price and you dont have to make it look like crap... aight so if there is some bad stuff about it say it but dont make a big discussion and then saying the mtx3 is much better ok guys later
cheers
Was that necessary?
Old 03-25-2003, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think Simon needs a beating i might go over there and beat his *** down lolz... Hey where in New Jersey are you at? im from queens in nyc maybe i can get there if its not that far aight thanks
cheers
Old 03-25-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by drive4fun
I think Simon needs a beating i might go over there and beat his *** down lolz... Hey where in New Jersey are you at? im from queens in nyc maybe i can get there if its not that far aight thanks
cheers
Why dont you get your car first, and then go to the tracks. A track will be a lot more fun with a car to run with.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:46 PM

To look at the bright side of things, a lot of people have dumped the car because of other peoples problems; for the Mugen or Serpent. At the end of last year all anyone had was NTC3s and the competition was getting tougher.
Old 03-25-2003, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

I still love my NTC3, Untill I get more money I will love this car even more and more.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

To all the guys having overheating problems

Well, as wehave started about 8 to 10 drivers with ntc3, the ratio is now.... 3 left standing. in fact 2 of them are converting to mtx3 at the end of this month because of engine issue.

and BBNTC3 is right... there is an engine issue with this car.
i'm not new towards RC engines and so are my engine tuners whom tune both 1/10 cars and 1/8 lolas.

i just want to seek advise on how to solve it so that i can concentrade on car setup rather then find myself picking up the car every now and then on the track due to engine issue.

i'm the only person to bring a starter box to the main stand because i know the car will surely die half way .

i have tried nova, pico, and even the so called mighty sts rs3 but all of them had the same issue.

i hope we can help solve this issue and not give remarks on engine tuning..
Hopefully, we're not missing something basic here. When you install an engine in the car, are you checking the cylinder head orientation and turning the cylinder head 90 degrees to get it to cool properly if the center cooling slot is not facing front to rear? Remember, Novarossi, Picco, et.al. engines usually have a single cooling slot cut in the fins on the inside of the head to get air to the center of the head to cool the glow plug area. These engines are built to bolt right in belt drive cars like the Mugen, Reflex, etc... These engines mount sideways (crank snout points toward the right side of the car) instead of pointing in the aft/rear position like the NTC3 ( & the new Hong Nor/OFNA LD3). If the slot in the head that cools the center of the head is at a 90 degree angle to the crank & it is in a NTC3, there is no air going through the center of the head. I remember seeing earlier in this thread & in the NTC3 thread over at the radio controlled zone that the guys having overheating problems turned the head 90 degrees on the engine to get airflow though the head properly & their overheating problems were gone. HTH

Bill (NTC3 RTR)
Old 03-25-2003, 05:15 PM
Tech Rookie

TC3 Problems?????

Not trying to be funny,but everytime I log on to this forum,there seems to always be a "new" problem to a proven championship car. Again, I'm not trying to step on peoples feelings, but at the track I run at,the ntc3 is the car to beat.Problems come from other problems that were not fixed. I had a situation with the tank about half full and the engine beginning to run lean. in my case, the tank had a slight leak at the inside filter. Changed the tank and it was fine.As already stated, every car has problems and no car is perfect, but the ntc3 is as close to perfect out the box as any other car out there. simply put another car=new set of poblems. If the car has been running good for a gallon or a half or for a good period of time and the weather conditions have not drastically changed, it is probably not your carb settings. change the tank,change the fuel tubing and if it stills acts up then you know it is the engine/carb. We are all in this hobby to have fun driving a car that works and we like the car and that is why we bought it.If you really want problems, try one of those other cars that slide all over everywhere,overheat,and needs $300 plus dollars to be fairly competitive.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

well,there ya go...
Old 03-25-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Cool simonfdr

I see you`ve updated your signature...
Let me know how the STS works .......have been looking in the same place
Old 03-25-2003, 05:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

So perhaps it could be that cooling problem about the heat sink so im going to reverse mine and see what it does.

I think there is to many people winging about the car i was just asking how to fix the problem.
Old 03-25-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

maybe barry baker should get on hear to help.
Old 03-25-2003, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Thanks for the tip on the head being off 90 degrees. I never changed that, wasn't overheating but it can't hurt to turn it.
Old 03-25-2003, 07:26 PM

A lot of the questions and problems seen on this thread in the past few weeks seem to be the basic kind of stuff. Nitro still is not a no-brainer like electric is. You do have to use sound building techniques(like sealing engines, checking for leaks, cleaning clutch shoes, etc) and the engines still need to be tuned not only every day you run but throughout a race day. With the manufacturing problems(tank) and gear issues(new material) out of the way, I have an awful lot of confidence in this car in the coming season. Not only is it the best at the track, it's a great parking lot car, and is also the best bang for buck too and tons of parts support.

Also, I have to agree with Fast Harry
Old 03-25-2003, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

thanks.....what part are you agreeing with?......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.