Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Old 02-23-2002, 09:17 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

The purpose of the pressure pick up from the exhaust into your tank is the pressurise the air on top of your fuel...... if you open the cap you will lose pressure where ever the pressure feed is coming in from!!!!
Old 02-23-2002, 03:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Kevin P.
Ok...if you think you're right..that's cool. But reread what I said. I said the fuel flow slows down if you have no tank pressure. I didn't say it would stop. You can run your car with no tank pressure at all, because like you say, the engine creates a vacuum, and the fuel will flow. You'll have to retune it to run correctly without any pressure, but it will run just fine. As for the fuel splashing out when you open the lid.....that happens on any nitro car, regardless of where the presure line is. Open the tank and rev up the engine. What happens? Fuel splashes out. Now how do you suppose that happens if the pressure line is on the cap? It's not the exhaust pressure blowing it out. Right? So what is it? If you guys think the small amount of pressure coming from the presure line is enough to blow fuel out of the tank...well....I obviously am not going to change your minds. But that's alright...a friendly debate is fun sometimes. Kinda makes you wonder how Associated can engineer such an awesome car as the NTC3, but "overlook" this tank issue.
Kevin, are you a newbie of nitro cars? The exhaust pressure is to prevent the mid range from running to lean.
Old 02-23-2002, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by dtm

Hahaha....thats the funniest thing I have read through out this entire forum all year. You open the cap and the pressure stays in the tank...... thats is totally wild..... I love it!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah.....

Pick me up from the floor someone!!!!!!!
or when u open the cap, the pressure of the WHOLE WORLD increase so it is still constant pressure inside the fuel tank ....
Old 02-24-2002, 12:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by ernestf

or when u open the cap, the pressure of the WHOLE WORLD increase so it is still constant pressure inside the fuel tank ....

LMAO !!
Old 02-24-2002, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Manticore

LMAO !!

ooh, my mistake, it should be the pressure of the WHOLE UNIVERSE change instead of just the WHOLE WORLD. where is my physics ??????
Old 02-24-2002, 02:55 AM
Tech Elite

and therefore, ppl always said that GP is not environmental friendly.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:34 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by kansasracer
Disaster,

I don't know if their lazy...that's what they chose to do with their design...

Do you hate AE for some reason, or am I misreading your sarcasm?
no..i dont hate AE...infact...i like their off roads more then losi...

yes..your just reading my sarcasm!!=P
Old 02-24-2002, 04:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by bbntc3
Sorry diaster999 for not really answering your question! No it don't really matter, if you want a proffessional look add the fitting! I do it both ways there's really no performance difference. There might be a more regulated pressure using a fittting but you won't notice it!!!
im not saying that either way of positioning the pressure fitting would affect the performance....
im justing saying that putting the pressure fitting on the lid is better because when refueling the car...it would turn the fuel inside the tank and splash everywhere...

but kevin here keep saying that the regular way of positioning the AE pressure fitting is better then the one on the lid because he thinks mounting it on top of the lid would splash fuel everyhwere!
Old 02-24-2002, 04:42 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm

Hahaha....thats the funniest thing I have read through out this entire forum all year. You open the cap and the pressure stays in the tank...... thats is totally wild..... I love it!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahah.....

Pick me up from the floor someone!!!!!!!
here...ill strap you in the chair!!hahahah
Old 02-24-2002, 04:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by dtm

hahaha....i know....hey..no wonder water falls UP when open the tap...air pressure is PUSHING the water UP!!
hahahaha
Old 02-24-2002, 04:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Disaster999

im not saying that either way of positioning the pressure fitting would affect the performance....
im justing saying that putting the pressure fitting on the lid is better because when refueling the car...it would turn the fuel inside the tank and splash everywhere...

but kevin here keep saying that the regular way of positioning the AE pressure fitting is better then the one on the lid because he thinks mounting it on top of the lid would splash fuel everyhwere!
I think that's enough free lecture for this kevin while his brain farts ! not deserve to tell him anything more about physic of planet earch. Let him blow and suck fuel line until he understand what he is saying.
Old 02-24-2002, 04:47 AM
Tech Champion

I think that's enough free lecture for this kevin while his brain farts ! not deserve to tell him anything more about physic of planet earch. Let him blow and suck fuel line until he understand what he is saying.
by the way, i am mean and nasty because i am not a moderator !
Old 02-24-2002, 04:49 AM
Regional Moderator

........ of planet earch.........
earch??
aahahaha...you have a spelling here....hehehe!!
Old 02-24-2002, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Disaster999

earch??
aahahaha...you have a spelling here....hehehe!!
ops sorry Mr. Moderator !
Old 02-24-2002, 06:02 AM
Tech Elite

ops sorry Mr. Moderator !
do u mean the physics in MARS will be totally different than in Earth ????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.