R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   RB Tires (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/231342-rb-tires.html)

bgrick 07-10-2008 09:20 AM

RB Tires

I was wondering if anyone had run the RB tires yet? If you have what did you think of them?

gearhead_22 07-10-2008 09:24 AM

RB tires

Originally Posted by bgrick (Post 4622932)
I was wondering if anyone had run the RB tires yet? If you have what did you think of them?

I tried the rb's did not work well for me, I use grp tires that means grrrrrrrrrrrip. plus that gray is uggggggggggggly.

godzukihop 07-10-2008 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by gearhead_22 (Post 4622947)
I tried the rb's did not work well for me, I use grp tires that means grrrrrrrrrrrip. plus that gray is uggggggggggggly.

What was it that you did not like about the RB's? I am sure Darryl Lee will not be too happy to hear that.

Loveless 07-10-2008 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by gearhead_22 (Post 4622947)

I tried the sedan tires and they hold up pretty good, i havent tried the 1/8th scale yet, a good friend of mines gave me a pair to try out, so we'll see this weekend.:nod::nod::nod:

brc358 07-10-2008 04:20 PM

RB tires

Originally Posted by bgrick (Post 4622932)

I must have 10 or 12 pairs of 1/8th scale RB tires, and they are working great for me. I also have stacks of new Kyosho Red Box 1/8th scale tires, but have been sticking with the RB for the last couple of months. So far, they have been great for me

TM America 07-10-2008 05:53 PM

I would personally stop looking in hopes of a tire being good or better than what ever brand. Just spend a few dollars more per pair and purchase GQ Racing Tires. They are cello packed for freshness, they have the hardest and best rim on the market, they have their own factory and PACK FOR No One! So it is not out of the same factory as 3 or 4 others with different names on the boxes ! This is their own tire formula, with quanilty standards above all others everyday!

I am a little prejudice since I am the distributor, but I have been using them for over 5 years and they were then the best tire and still today. Everyone looks for the new, I just look for the best!

G87z 07-10-2008 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by TM America (Post 4624370)
I would personally stop looking in hopes of a tire being good or better than what ever brand. Just spend a few dollars more per pair and purchase GQ Racing Tires. They are cello packed for freshness, they have the hardest and best rim on the market, they have their own factory and PACK FOR No One! So it is not out of the same factory as 3 or 4 others with different names on the boxes ! This is their own tire formula, with quanilty standards above all others everyday!

I am a little prejudice since I am the distributor, but I have been using them for over 5 years and they were then the best tire and still today. Everyone looks for the new, I just look for the best!

I have always wanted to try the GQ tires, but could never find them. Is there a place online that sells them???

wingracer 07-10-2008 06:24 PM

As far as GQ's go, the rim is a bit heavier than some but virtually indestructable. The rubber works great on high bite tracks but can be a little lacking on slick parking lots unless you can find them in softer compounds. The plastic wrap is no selling point in this case since RB's are plastic wrapped as well.

Brian Bosley 07-10-2008 08:03 PM

multi post.

Brian Bosley 07-10-2008 08:06 PM

Correct, shrink wrap is no selling point, everyone is doing it and all of the ATS/Twister/RB tires are shrink wrapped now, not sure on Xceed but it's all the same manufacturer with tweaks here and there so just go for price between these brands. I believe RB is in the process of developing their own actual tire though, so we may see a new foam or at least wheel manufacturer here in the future.

I think the coolest package was K-factory though, not a fan of the tire because I had a bad experience chunking them but the package was sweet, resealable zip lock.

GMartinez 07-10-2008 08:39 PM

IMO 2004 I was a driver for GQ very good tire for those that worry about the rims are mostly drivers that are fairly new to racing & clip a board, pipe here & there that was why I went with GQ when I started
but for an avid racer who is consistent & a clean driver will favor lighter rims every little gram counts
I rarely see pro drivers or the average racer running GQ

infernoman2008 07-10-2008 11:12 PM

they work great for me and a couple of guys i race with like them too go to tower hobbies they have a great deal o n them

hello 07-11-2008 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by TM America (Post 4624370)

GQ tires are the worst tire you cab buy, very heavy and not to mention the color, nowadays racers prefer lighter wheels and RB speedline tires are light although the color is also odd. if you are a distributor then you should look for something else to distribute like Ennetti tires. by the way GQ TIRES ARE NOT THE BEST!

Brian Bosley 07-11-2008 05:53 AM

If you can stay off the boards, and want really light.. Go with the Twister pro-lights and save 3-5 grams PER wheel.

http://www.twistertiresusa.com/image...IMS%5B1%5D.jpg

Jamie Corrado 07-11-2008 07:03 AM

For everyone who made a positive comment, thank you!
There are many brands you could choose to use and we appreciate your support.

Jamie Corrado
RB Products USA