Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RB Tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

ATS (RB,Xceed,Twister) has always had two types of foam, Japanese (the good stuff) and then a "national" foam which I guess is italian and only comes in soft/medium/hard according to their old website.. I have never used or even seen it because the japanese foam is what everyone uses.

Jamie may have to confirm here, but I believe RB's tires are shipped to them from Italy with Japanese foam so they are not made here in any way.

If you order enough from ATS they will put any picture you want on the box, so I'm sure they do that over there as well.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Jack, don't you make Xceed's? This is what I have heard anyway. Either way I would think these people would listen to you considering who you are and what you do. I doubt there is anyone that knows more about the tire business then you, at least in the US.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Oh yeah, you wouldn't happen to have any more of the good old original Jaco Firm's left would you? Best right front for carpet oval racing ever made, hahahahaha.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't want to hijack the RB tire thread any more than I have already, but I feel the need to set the record straight. I am probably the only tire manufacturer that will actually admit that we all buy from the same place. Everyone wants to make it seem like they are the only ones who have this rubber or that rubber. The fact is, making cellular foam rubber to the specifications and tolerances that this industry demands is extremely difficult. There are only a few factories in the world that are even capable of attempting this. If you were knowledgeable about the rubber industry, you would understand what I am saying and realize that most of the tire talk is full of hype. For this reason you will never hear me degrade any competitor's product. It is probably not much different from mine. We all have the little things we do that we feel gives us an advantage here and there, but there are not drastic differences between brands.
By the way, we do make the Xceed US tires (it even says so on the box). When the description says that these are US tires, that means they are assembled here in the US. The raw materials still come from Japan.
Sorry, no more firm fronts! What an indestructable tire that was. Heavy, but bulletproof.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
I just opened up a 35 shore and 37 shore RB tires randomly and measured it with my durometer, and it measured exactly 35 shore for the 35's and 37 shore on the 37's, It could be that your durometer is not calibrated correctly.
Your exactly right Thanks for taking care of me cnat thank you enough and talking you guys up