Wiki Posts
Search

What to use to dye or color fuel

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default What to use to dye or color fuel

I'm looking for what I can use to color or dye the fuel, with out changing the color of the fuel tank or inside the engine. Any ideas?
Old 07-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Why do you want to go slower? Sorry I have no idea what to use but I hate dyed fuel.
Old 07-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

So the pit person can see how little or much is left on a pit stop... quickly... I'm older so the eye site is not great...

Why would I want to go slower you ask.... to give second place a chance...
Old 07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Look outside the box. Rather than change the color of the fuel; Look into changing the color of the tank. Yellow and blue make Green. Just an ideal

Pass you soon...
Old 07-08-2008, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

I have been using this for years.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

It will add some colour to the fuel and take the sting/burn out of the smoke as well as smelling good.
A gallon of fuel just needs a few drops.
If wanting a darker colour look at the other flavours available.
Some would say it will affect power etc but i havent noticed any loss and side effects as all my motors are running well and some have seen more than 90 liters of fuel.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by razzor
I have been using this for years.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

It will add some colour to the fuel and take the sting/burn out of the smoke as well as smelling good.
A gallon of fuel just needs a few drops.
If wanting a darker colour look at the other flavours available.
Some would say it will affect power etc but i havent noticed any loss and side effects as all my motors are running well and some have seen more than 90 liters of fuel.
Parma has been selling this nitro scent for quite a while. It definitely does work and will add a little bit of color to the fuel. Not a lot, but may help your visibility issue.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Use food coloring
Old 07-08-2008, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Food coloring. Just a drop or two.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Many thanks for the ideas... I will give them a try....
Old 07-10-2008, 07:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation If you want to Extend the Life of Your laptop Battery, You can do it follow this

If you want to Extend the Life of Your laptop Battery, You can do it follow this.1 Shut Down CompletelyWhen your notebook is running on toshiba battery power, there are things you can do to extend its charge. For one thing, when you're finished working, shutting down your computer instead of putting it into Stand By or Hibernate modes preserves apple battery power. Though Stand By and Hibernate enable you to restart quickly, both modes continue to draw power from your asus battery. (Hibernate uses less juice than Stand By, however.)2 Turn Off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Cellular ModemsAlways turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular modems when they're not needed. These wireless network technologies can be a significant drain on your laptop battery charge. Many newer notebooks have buttons to turn wireless connections on and off. You can also go to Start, Connect To, "Show all connections," then select the connection you want to enable or disable.laptop battery recalls, due to the potential risk of overheating or fire, have inconvenienced millions of mobile professionals. But lithium ion batteries -- widely used to power today's laptops -- are here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future.Below is advice on keeping your notebook's lithium ion acer battery in top condition and powering your portable PC as long as possible.3 Use It or Lose ItIf unused for long periods of time, lithium ion batteries can very slowly lose their capacity to hold a charge. Fortunately, lithium ion batteries hold their charge better over time than other rechargeables, including nickel cadmium and nickel metal hydride. But you want your spare to be ready when you need it, so if you've got an extra battery for your notebook, use and then recharge it on occasion to keep it ready to go.