Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New 3 port .12 engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Cool New 3 port .12 engine

I'm looking for a new 3 port standard crank .12 size engine, I'm leaning towards the RB Concept V12 but also considering the Novarossi NS12 S3 or Sirio 12TRP, can anyone offer any opinions on the three.

Cheers

Mark
Old 08-15-2003, 10:13 PM
Tech Addict

Id definitly go with the NS12 if you have the money and you can find one its the fastest engine out of all the ones mentioned (fastest .12 you can buy). The V12 is second to the NS12 and the sirio would probably be pretty far beind the NS12 and V12 if its not moded.
Old 08-15-2003, 11:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AE Racer
Id definitly go with the NS12 if you have the money and you can find one its the fastest engine out of all the ones mentioned (fastest .12 you can buy). The V12 is second to the NS12 and the sirio would probably be pretty far beind the NS12 and V12 if its not moded.
Thanks for the response AE Racer that's pretty much what I figured, the Sirio was the least favoured choice of the three but the spares are cheap. Do you know if there is much difference between the NS12 S3 and the RB V12 in terms of performance?

Cheers

Mark
Old 08-16-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Addict

I really dont know what the diffrence is in power all I know is that the NS12 is faster. What are you talking about sirio spares arent cheap a p/s is $90, for that price you might as well buy a new engine rather than rebuilding it. The Sirio isnt a slow engine I have one and its very fast and for the price you cant beat it, its just that the NS12 and V12 have newer technology and are the fastest engines you can buy today (un-moded I mean).
Old 08-16-2003, 11:01 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i believe the NS12 would be the fastest of the bunch, if you think that justifies for its price

cheers
Old 08-17-2003, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AE Racer
I really dont know what the diffrence is in power all I know is that the NS12 is faster. What are you talking about sirio spares arent cheap a p/s is $90, for that price you might as well buy a new engine rather than rebuilding it. The Sirio isnt a slow engine I have one and its very fast and for the price you cant beat it, its just that the NS12 and V12 have newer technology and are the fastest engines you can buy today (un-moded I mean).
Over here in the UK the Sirio spares appear to be cheaper than the Novarossi based engine spares, having said that none of the spares are cheap. Any idea how your Sirio stacks up against the standard NovaMega SX12-RE, which is my current engine ?

Thanks for the response.

Mark
Old 08-18-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by Diesel Racer
Over here in the UK the Sirio spares appear to be cheaper than the Novarossi based engine spares, having said that none of the spares are cheap. Any idea how your Sirio stacks up against the standard NovaMega SX12-RE, which is my current engine ?

Thanks for the response.

Mark
Mark

Sirio is definately quicker then Mega, my Sirio is as quick as the JP-S3
Old 08-18-2003, 01:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by tl2111
Ok, your comparing those engines with your M. Collari modified Sirio right?
Old 08-18-2003, 02:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
Ok, your comparing those engines with your M. Collari modified Sirio right?
Initial D,

he is comparing the Sirio 3port aac piston not modified at all...

and i have seen his engine is flying..... so see it to believe it man...

it's faster than RS-12S3, JPS3 and mega engine...
Old 08-18-2003, 02:28 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by T-shirt
he is comparing the Sirio 3port aac piston not modified at all...
I have no problems with the claims... Depends on the person who tuned the engine too. Just that I thought he had a M. Collari modified Sirio...
Old 08-18-2003, 03:28 AM
Tech Addict

NO WAY MAN

The JP black Nova S3 RACE is the fastest out of them all its.

1.58hp@42000rmp

Theres not many engins out there that will kep up with one iof these little rockets.

but they are very $$$$$$$ my one was $580 australian dollars.
thats a bit because i can get the novarossi S3 race (not the jp version) For $380 but thats only got 1.38hp@38000rpm.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by InitialD
I have no problems with the claims... Depends on the person who tuned the engine too. Just that I thought he had a M. Collari modified Sirio...
oke coz when i saw his car i was surprised too........
Old 08-18-2003, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Thunder racer
NO WAY MAN

1.58hp@42000rmp

Theres not many engins out there that will kep up with one iof these little rockets.

thats a bit because i can get the novarossi S3 race (not the jp version) For $380 but thats only got 1.38hp@38000rpm.
Thunder racer

come to moorebank next meeting see it to believe it
Old 08-18-2003, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Thunder racer

1.58hp@42000rmp

At least under mine own experience, JP Black engines aren't as good as seemed. Many times JP owners for getting a black coated block thinks that bragging rights are included in the JP box.

Last weekend one guy came with their flamant JP S3 and got spanked with a 'simple' Nova RS12 S3, there's no need to burn such quantities of money in those engine when you got almost the same for much less (except those fancy black coating) and a careful break-in and carb adjustment.

1.58Hp figure is BS, tested vs mine new Nova NS12 units and NS12 were slightly faster than JP RS12 S3 engines.

Don't enter in a engine HP wars, because those numbers are way too realistic and are very dependent on the setup, fuel and equipment used to figure those power. Laptimes and reliability on the track is the final judge not MKT Horsepower figures.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tl2111
Mark

I have seen several JP-S3 engines at my club and out of them all only 1 goes hard. The Carbs are very poor on them and if your lucky you will get a good one out of a batch of 10. The Sirio is quick but in the UK the Team Serpent Megas are hard to beat when Walt Bailey is setting them up.

The biggest problem with the Sirio is the same as the JP. Poor carb. Getting a good setting and then being able to maintain it throughout a day is next to impossible unless you are a seasoned tuner. Definately not a recommended engine for a beginner.

For most UK tracks the best all round engine has to be the MT12. Has plenty of low end torque for our small twisty tracks and dead simple to tune and maintain a good tune.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.