Info on ABEC grades and their tolerances:

http://www.nhbb.com/engineering/precision/abec.cfm
thank you very much, will look for it.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: 777 engines

Originally posted by coolracing
who's running the 777 and what were their results ?
any facts to prove your claim that your modded engines "are the fastest in the touring car class" ?

I am using NovaMAX right now and soon the STS D5, how do these compare with your work ?
How do you expect me to tell you how is my work to compare to Novamax or STS D5. If I tell you mine is much better, you will not belive it to me, if I say one of them better then mine-I will lie my self. Moy son is running at KZ, come down some times and let's compare. If can't come at KZ, see you at winternats.
That is only one thing I can tell you.
There are couple people runnign my engines, some of them didn't enter the competitions yet, some of them already been (Tommy Lee). We acn ask people from OZ, who saw that engine to give as some clue how it was performing.
Anybody can help us? from OZ.
You can also ask kitracer, he has one too.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

I think my question is better suited in this thread -

Why is that at the club I race at - there is a BIG difference in speed between the intermediate and expert classes?

I'm not talking about good lines or good skilz...I'm talking about speed/acceleration? Everyone should have roar legal .12 3-port non-turbo engines.

So what's the differenct? Do the experts run their engine at extreme temperatures by leaning it out alot? Or fuel %? Will 30% run much faster than 20%? Or is it just engine?

I have an O.S. TR(p) because I just got into the nitro sedan scene and my hobby shop told me that it's a reliable and easy to tune engine so it ain't the fastest but heck...it shouldn't make that big of a difference?? What is a fast fast .12 roar legal engine??

G
Old 10-06-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: 777 engines

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
How do you expect me to tell you how is my work to compare to Novamax or STS D5. If I tell you mine is much better, you will not belive it to me, if I say one of them better then mine-I will lie my self. Moy son is running at KZ, come down some times and let's compare. If can't come at KZ, see you at winternats.
That is only one thing I can tell you.
There are couple people runnign my engines, some of them didn't enter the competitions yet, some of them already been (Tommy Lee). We acn ask people from OZ, who saw that engine to give as some clue how it was performing.
Anybody can help us? from OZ.
You can also ask kitracer, he has one too.
Pls don't take my comments negatively as I may be your next customer (or good friend) !!

Anyway I just wanted to get some reference from you since it seems to me you are the best person to ask from since it's your work (??).

I am just your average Joe appearind now and again at the A-mains at a local club so I can't say I can be the best person to witness it's a screamer.

All the excitement created here about your work, has got me curious to ask for results to support some of those claims.

If there aren't any "murnan" or "carlsen" or "motorman" kind of feedback for now, it's ok.

Sorry I had to use murnan, carlsen or motorman as a reference here and no disrespect as these were the words in alot of racers' dictionary.

I forgot JP. You know all these guys are more proven their engines are very fast . . these days it's good to show a little polish and cutting of the sleeve and the crank but to really make it big to support those claims that your work is in the same league you may have a little more work to do.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

The driving lines, correct tire selection and proper setup of the car is very important too besides the engine.
No doubt having a NovaMAX, NS12-series, RB RR and a good matching tune pipe can take you further.

Some of the more series guys even change their engine's internal organs (conrod and crank) before the mains final :-)

Originally posted by loosenut
I think my question is better suited in this thread -

Why is that at the club I race at - there is a BIG difference in speed between the intermediate and expert classes?

I'm not talking about good lines or good skilz...I'm talking about speed/acceleration? Everyone should have roar legal .12 3-port non-turbo engines.

So what's the differenct? Do the experts run their engine at extreme temperatures by leaning it out alot? Or fuel %? Will 30% run much faster than 20%? Or is it just engine?

I have an O.S. TR(p) because I just got into the nitro sedan scene and my hobby shop told me that it's a reliable and easy to tune engine so it ain't the fastest but heck...it shouldn't make that big of a difference?? What is a fast fast .12 roar legal engine??

G
Old 10-06-2003, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

The driving lines, correct tire selection and proper setup of the car is very important too besides the engine.
No doubt having a NovaMAX, NS12-series, RB RR and a good matching tune pipe can take you further.

Some of the more series guys even change their engine's internal organs (conrod and crank) before the mains final :-)

Excuse my ingnorance but what is an RB RR? Is it an RB V12?
Old 10-07-2003, 12:39 AM
Tech Elite

The main difference in speed/acceleration/power is based on how tight are compaanied the pipe/engine/carb adjustment/fuel combo. If you simply bolt one exhaust to an engine and do slight adjustments or faulty adjustments on your carburetor, you're dead, there's much possibilities of not getting the maximum power.

30% Nitro versus 20% makes their difference too. There are other places for looking performance, for example, check the internals of the manifold and see if is present some casting flash that obstructs partially your manifold, if this is the case, remove slightly with a stone doing light passes. Check you exhaust stinger, maximum is 5.2mm, but more exhaust go at 5mm or less, enlarge the hole with a 5.1mm metal drill bit.

Other things that make a difference is the clutch and the gearing, revise and experiment with it, like you should do with the shifting points.

The OS TR is a fine engine for people who want a bulletproof reliability and ease of adjustment, but if you want sheer power, you better to switch from manufacturer: Any Nova, Sirio or STS engines will perform very very well.
Old 10-07-2003, 03:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Dexter
Excuse my ingnorance but what is an RB RR? Is it an RB V12?
RB RR = RB Rody Roem modify
Old 10-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm

PS...I am NOT Mr MTO!
You wish you were MR MTO.

I've been sworn to secrecy!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

What is a good motor that's fast and yet very reliable/tunable? Or do those things don't come hand in hand?

Gary
Old 10-07-2003, 08:28 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EVOLUTION
You wish you were MR MTO.

I've been sworn to secrecy!!!
No need to swear!!!
Old 10-07-2003, 08:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by dtm
No need to swear!!!

It's almost 2am here,i'm off to bed Mr smarty pants !!!

ps: Did you know there is a copyright for your u-name?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

What is a good motor that's fast and yet very reliable/tunable? Or do those things don't come hand in hand?
Uhm... are you asking things that doesn't come from the hand... If you want a reliable engine, better to go to an OS TR, but if you want real power and have some skills doing carb adjustment, better to go with a NS12, Sirio (on .12's IMHO the ABC one is better) or STS D3.

You need to decide what you want really: Reliability or Power?
Old 10-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Manticore
I am not Mr. MTO too !! but I am TOM !
Old 10-07-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: 777 engines

Pls don't take my comments negatively as I may be your next customer (or good friend) !!

Anyway I just wanted to get some reference from you since it seems to me you are the best person to ask from since it's your work (??).

I am just your average Joe appearind now and again at the A-mains at a local club so I can't say I can be the best person to witness it's a screamer.

All the excitement created here about your work, has got me curious to ask for results to support some of those claims.

If there aren't any "murnan" or "carlsen" or "motorman" kind of feedback for now, it's ok.

Sorry I had to use murnan, carlsen or motorman as a reference here and no disrespect as these were the words in alot of racers' dictionary.

I forgot JP. You know all these guys are more proven their engines are very fast . . these days it's good to show a little polish and cutting of the sleeve and the crank but to really make it big to support those claims that your work is in the same league you may have a little more work to do.
Hey, I didn't get you wrong. I just try to explane to you situation.
All this respective moddifiers been in servicing people for years and defenetly they have done a lot of work to prove. Their engines were running on a lot of competitions and got a lot trophies. As you can trace my appearince here I came back to hobby just 5-6 month ago ( 10 years break) and also my expirience and knolodge came from airmodeling and boatmodeling. I did bunch of engines and they attend competitions around, in Australia, Rd logics, local. To get good refernece I might need some realy good driver run my engine on big official competitions, but I don't do prefernce between big racers or beginers. So far one engine was running at RD logics on revelation and the my friend got there third place. other engine wqs running in Australia on Some big club competition by my other friend from HK and He got there 5 place ( if I am not wrong). My son was at RD logic and he was a last one, but I realy got truoble to set up the car for that track and he crush the car on the last qualification ( he attend only 3 out of 6). It doesn't mean the engine perform for third or fith place, there is other viriables which can affect final results of race. But for sure you can ask people in forum who so perfomance of all these engines and for sure you will have real answer.
This is only one thing I have availble to say.
I put a lot of info in forum and one of them is stated I am in process to build my own desing engine. I have different ideas from existing designs and It was proven in other type of modeling hobby (airmodeling and boating). I try to implement all newest developments for our engines and in the mean time to keep cost as low as possible.
So, you have no choice just to base your opinion about my work and quality on this availble info.
And again, I don't work on Novarossi engines because of Novarossi limitations ( it is still questionable if that statment has legal power ).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.