Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

OFNA LD3 pro

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will do. I got the side exhaust because a) I didn't want to get another pipe and 2) it was only $100 new on Ebay. I sent it to RB Mods to have some work done to it. After running thru a few tanks, it stills wallop my OS even though it's not fully broken in and running very rich. The engine sounds like it will rev for days. I hope that 15/20 gear will work on my long track. If not, the 16/21 is going back on
Old 05-29-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

$100 sounds good to me.. Im sure my Nova CX12 pullstart side exhaust has more balls then my Sirio did so that engine of yours should really go off.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Joining the club

Originally posted by VRF201
Will my new LD3 Pro with Picco .12 is on it's way!

Thanks! to a great price from NitroHouse.com

$299.95

now that's a great deal!

The sad part, won't be here until friday.

Looks like I'll be asking for some advise pretty soon on
how to make the car hook up.

VRF201
Welcome to the club This forum is the best available that I have found for ld3 information
Old 05-29-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks!

Hopefully the car will perform as good as it looks.

Question?

Is there anything special I should do as I'm building the car.

VRF201
Old 05-29-2004, 08:10 PM
Tech Adept

Just take your time, don't rush. The ld3 pro was my first build and it has gone fairly smooth other than a few missing parts in my kit I had one threaded shock body that was junk, was missing a steering servo mount and just yesterday found that my kit is missing the manifold spring as well. I found that the kit went together pretty easy overall for a newbie like myself The only things I added during the build where the graphite top deck, graphite side plate, and I picked up the optional spring set. Have fun building your new LD3
Old 05-30-2004, 09:05 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks IDrinkNitro!

Waiting is a bummer! Come on friday!

Question?

What optional parts do I need if any

or should I just run the car as is first?

From what I've seen on line and in a few magazines the
car runs pretty good out of the box.

VRF201
Old 05-30-2004, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Just run it...I would suggest the spring set, though, and adjust the gears depending on your track. The Picco should run pretty well, and I know someone that will mod it for you if you're interested.

Race day was a smashing failure today. Both diffs are fried. gears nice and rounded off, so they engaged when they wanted. I think I may have had 1, maybe 2 wheels under power. That brought things to a screeching halt. I think the screws in the diff backed out (or I didn't tighten them enough), and that NovaMega didn't help matters either. Do you know if they make 2MX8 flathead self tapping screws? I may grab some when I replace the gears.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry! can't answer the question about the screws.

The track of choice will be Doug's each saturday once the car is done.

VRF201
Old 05-30-2004, 07:50 PM
sup
Tech Addict

Originally posted by spenzalii
Just run it...I would suggest the spring set, though, and adjust the gears depending on your track. The Picco should run pretty well, and I know someone that will mod it for you if you're interested.

Race day was a smashing failure today. Both diffs are fried. gears nice and rounded off, so they engaged when they wanted. I think I may have had 1, maybe 2 wheels under power. That brought things to a screeching halt. I think the screws in the diff backed out (or I didn't tighten them enough), and that NovaMega didn't help matters either. Do you know if they make 2MX8 flathead self tapping screws? I may grab some when I replace the gears.
i think that is what peeps are suggesting here. use the self tapping screws from the one way, its much longer. i still have to find them myself, will be visiting the local screw shops maybe this week to look for some. i am having problems of leak myself. been checking my diffs every 4 outings just to be sure. seems that 100K in front and 100K+50K seem to work for me. still have to test more.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by spenzalii

We have been using the the machine screws from the one-way. If you'll give me till Tuesday, I'll post the part number for you. With the machine screws you should not have a problem with the screws coming loose.
Old 05-31-2004, 02:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

tamiya sell 2X8 countersunk self tappers, i bought mine in a pack of 10.. the stock kit scerws ripped my diff apart.. everytime id try to screw it back together with the stock screws they wouldnt grab..and then i got the tamiya screws.. im still using the same diff housing and havent had a problem to date with the rear diff
Old 05-31-2004, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Can ya git us a part #?
THanks
Old 05-31-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

ill have a look an see wat i can do
Old 05-31-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Master

See, this is what I love about you guys! OK, I will check with one more shop before I go to Nitrohouse and place my order. I should be able to find the part number for those one way screws.
Old 05-31-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by VRF201
Sorry! can't answer the question about the screws.

The track of choice will be Doug's each saturday once the car is done.

VRF201
Just noticed this. Dougs (Waldorf, I assume) is the hot ticket for Saturday racing. Every class is hotly contested. They should be in the middle to last part of their first points series. Since I'm busy most Saturdays, I didn't really run this time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.