Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

OFNA LD3 pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

hmmm....somebody had a pretty bad experience with shaft drive cars in general...go figure
Old 03-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Ofna LD3 2 Speed

I my LD3's hehehe
Old 03-23-2004, 05:11 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: LD3 Pro Wacky and Garbage

Originally posted by Whoadie
Like I said. This car is a waste of money.. Low end car for me.. At first I was thinking it might be close to the TC3 so I decided to buy one. Come to think of it the TC3 was also garbage..

This is why I just decided to stick with my S705 and R40.

Engine and Suspension Tuning provides good results but hell with the LD3..

read some of my previous posts.............driver problem!!!!!

I'm not saying the Ld3 is great....but it certainly is not as bad as you refer......you have the same comments for the NTC3.......that "crap" car has done quite well for Barry Baker up to now.........How long have you been running RC????
Old 03-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default LD3 Pro and threaded shaft question

Gentlemen,

I have obtained a sirio .12 with the black head and 3 needle carb. This motor has threaded shaft. I was putting the LD3 Pro flywheel, clutch shoes, etc. on tonight and from what I can see the shaft is way to long. Is it common to have to cut the shaft ? I am newbie but I am trying so bear with me please Please help.
Old 03-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Ofna LD3 2 Speed

Originally posted by Whoadie
Hi,

Is the LD3 worth laying down in the track or is it just for the parking lot??

Thanks
If you have the car already, why would you even ask a question like that, only to reply to you own question a few posts later? I'm just trying to figure out what your motive was?
Old 03-23-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: LD3 Pro and threaded shaft question

Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Gentlemen,

I have obtained a sirio .12 with the black head and 3 needle carb. This motor has threaded shaft. I was putting the LD3 Pro flywheel, clutch shoes, etc. on tonight and from what I can see the shaft is way to long. Is it common to have to cut the shaft ? I am newbie but I am trying so bear with me please Please help.
you have a standard shaft version. You should get a "SG" shaft version which most of the tourers require.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Ofna LD3 2 Speed

Originally posted by jay272
If you have the car already, why would you even ask a question like that, only to reply to you own question a few posts later? I'm just trying to figure out what your motive was?
some how, some people still dont understand.

It is the driver makes the car fast, not the car makes the driver fast.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: LD3 Pro and threaded shaft question

Originally posted by Manticore
you have a standard shaft version. You should get a "SG" shaft version which most of the tourers require.
Thanks, my pro does not have "centax" clutch so technically I don't need a sg shaft version correct? I really do not want to just dump this brand new motor , so is it common/necessarry to have to cut the shaft on standard shaft in order for it to fit correctly? Do you think I should sell this motor and get sg shaft? Is it possible to switch the shaft? What should I do? Thanks in advance I really appreciate the help

Last edited by IDrinkNitro; 03-23-2004 at 07:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2004, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Centax = requires SG crank, no matter what
3 shoe = you can run threaded or SG.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

yes you can cut it if its too long.

havy
Old 03-23-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

before you cut it, be sure there is a 2speed engine nut is available for the installation of the 2speed clutch part.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:34 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Ofna LD3 2 Speed

Originally posted by jay272
I had the same thoughts!!!!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 08:36 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: LD3 Pro and threaded shaft question

Originally posted by IDrinkNitro
Thanks, my pro does not have "centax" clutch so technically I don't need a sg shaft version correct? I really do not want to just dump this brand new motor , so is it common/necessarry to have to cut the shaft on standard shaft in order for it to fit correctly? Do you think I should sell this motor and get sg shaft? Is it possible to switch the shaft? What should I do? Thanks in advance I really appreciate the help
Take a digi pic of your engine shaft and clutch in pieces....should be able to figure out what you need. Manticore is right....don't cut anything until you have figured out that you have the correct engine nut!!!!
Old 03-24-2004, 06:13 AM
Tech Adept

I will take pics tonight. I beleive I have the correct nut, I have both nuts that come with the pro kit. Pics tonight, I appreciate the help gents.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:58 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by au_Nightmare
Centax = requires SG crank, no matter what
Not quite. At least not for all cars. The R40 comes with a nut that allows people to use a threaded shaft engine with their included centax clutch. So it is possible in certain situations to use a centax with a threaded shaft.

But I agree whole heartedly that SG is the way to go if you haven't already bought an engine. Cause if you've already bought an engine, getting a new one or buying a new SG shaft can get expensive!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.