Like Tree1Likes

OFNA LD3 pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by Manticore
THS$ < RDLOGIC$ = ;

Manticore,

Thanks for the smooth deal! I put this here so everyone would know that you are an upstanding person!

Thanks,

Jason
Old 03-10-2004, 04:19 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by melonracer
Manticore,

Thanks for the smooth deal! I put this here so everyone would know that you are an upstanding person!

Thanks,

Jason
Anybody else looking for a Pro...converted to champion spec?....maybe looking to get rid of my grey car!...will be in exceptional condition!!
Old 03-10-2004, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Manticore,

Thanks,

Jason
You received the kit? I just check on the tracking number and it stays the same status as last week !

Hope you like it !
Old 03-10-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally posted by NitroOB4You
Ok...couple questions...
1) DTM or anyone that has the Champ Ed or the Aluminum steering set up on their car...I am currently assembling my Champ...Ive built my steering and I seem to have a lot of play...it almost seems as if the "tubes" that go through the bearings are slightly too small and the whole assembly rocks around quite a bit.I also can not tighten the screws totally, without the bearings binding.I have tried to install washers in several different areas, but it doesnt help any.Is this normal or have I done something wrong?
2) Tire truers....Im assuming, being I'll likely be running foams, that one would be necessary.Any suggestions????

Advice? Anyone?
Old 03-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

From what I understand, the washers that come with the steering kit go on the screws that hold the rack assembly together (not on the steering posts), between the screw head and topmost bearing. I used a washer that was closer to the diameter of the inner race on the bearings. The holder on top of the steering posts needs to be precisely set so it doesn't bind or have too much play.
Old 03-10-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

ermm....washers supplied with the kit????

I tried with some that I had laying around...I dont recall getting any with it, nor do I remember seeing any in the instructions...
but I'll keep fiddling
Old 03-10-2004, 07:42 PM
Tech Initiate

DTM,

I pm'd you about your LD3!

Thanks,

Jason
Old 03-10-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation steering problem

Hello there to al of u. I'm new to this forum, but not to r/c. I have been a racer for over 8 months. Own a rtr w/mr.12 3 ports.

need help with a problem I just recently encountered with the car handling. My car had difficulty in steering to the left. After careful review of the steering assembly I discovered that the steering servo rod its hitting part of the servo case when turning to the right. Thus, preventing the servo to self center when steering wheel is release; sometimes the servo gets stuck on a right turn. I also, noticed that the servo saver tilt upward when turning to the right. I check the steering rack and servo saver but seems ok. The edge of the ball end that connects to the turnbuckle hits part of the top of the steering servo case. Cost me a brand new steering servo already. Any help is kindly welcome.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:16 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Default Re: steering problem

Originally posted by Angel727
Hello there to al of u. I'm new to this forum, but not to r/c. I have been a racer for over 8 months. Own a rtr w/mr.12 3 ports.

need help with a problem I just recently encountered with the car handling. My car had difficulty in steering to the left. After careful review of the steering assembly I discovered that the steering servo rod its hitting part of the servo case when turning to the right. Thus, preventing the servo to self center when steering wheel is release; sometimes the servo gets stuck on a right turn. I also, noticed that the servo saver tilt upward when turning to the right. I check the steering rack and servo saver but seems ok. The edge of the ball end that connects to the turnbuckle hits part of the top of the steering servo case. Cost me a brand new steering servo already. Any help is kindly welcome.
Yes this is a common problem. Simply cut a small piece off the servo case where it rubs. There is not much to cut off. Are you using KO servos? I have the same problem...but its a 5 minutes fix.
Old 03-11-2004, 04:17 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

DTM,

I pm'd you about your LD3!

Thanks,

Jason
Sent you a loooong email!!! hope you don't get too bored reading!!
Old 03-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: steering problem

Originally posted by dtm
Yes this is a common problem. Simply cut a small piece off the servo case where it rubs. There is not much to cut off. Are you using KO servos? I have the same problem...but its a 5 minutes fix.
Thks. dtm. I tried that but no results. I believe is a design problem ofna has to address. My hope is to up grade the steering servo (aluminum one.) and see if that fix my problem. I keep posted all on the forum.

Old 03-11-2004, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, I've started the conversion process on the RTR (just don't have the money for the Champ YET, but when I do....). Got the 3.5mm chasis from HK (Not sure if it is indeed that think, but it is thicker than the rtr version, for sure!), and c/f radio and side plate. Since I didn't get the aluminum arm mounts, I drilled a hole thru the stock mount and installed the sway bar that way. Just a few questions...

1. A few pages back there was some discussion on using the aluminum steering servo mounts with the radio tray. Should I have mounted the servo on the tray or directly to the chasis, and why?

2. How exactly should I have my sway bar set. I see the adjuster on the left, but have no clue where neutral should be set (12 o'clock or 3 o'clock) and how exactly it works. On a side note, it looks like replacing the arms up front is going to be a bia...

3. I cleaned and relubed the bearings as I went along (I think I may need to replace the bearing in tranny soon. It felt gritty even after being relubed). I got to the gear diff and thought about something: exactly HOW should the diff be shimmed? I understand adding or removing shims adjusts how close the ring and pinion gears are. But how close should they be? Just a tick of play? extremely tight? I was never sure

And I found out the hard way that my hump pack won't work with the deck. How nice...
Old 03-12-2004, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Great. Due to real world circumstances beyond my control, it looks like I won't be getting that engine until late April/Early May. Oh well, the first official race is the 18th of April, so I should be ok if I get it by race 3. Now the question is the STS D5 or the Sirio Evo2...
Old 03-12-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by spenzalii
OK, I've started the conversion process on the RTR (just don't have the money for the Champ YET, but when I do....). Got the 3.5mm chasis from HK (Not sure if it is indeed that think, but it is thicker than the rtr version, for sure!), and c/f radio and side plate. Since I didn't get the aluminum arm mounts, I drilled a hole thru the stock mount and installed the sway bar that way. Just a few questions...

1. A few pages back there was some discussion on using the aluminum steering servo mounts with the radio tray. Should I have mounted the servo on the tray or directly to the chasis, and why?

2. How exactly should I have my sway bar set. I see the adjuster on the left, but have no clue where neutral should be set (12 o'clock or 3 o'clock) and how exactly it works. On a side note, it looks like replacing the arms up front is going to be a bia...

3. I cleaned and relubed the bearings as I went along (I think I may need to replace the bearing in tranny soon. It felt gritty even after being relubed). I got to the gear diff and thought about something: exactly HOW should the diff be shimmed? I understand adding or removing shims adjusts how close the ring and pinion gears are. But how close should they be? Just a tick of play? extremely tight? I was never sure

And I found out the hard way that my hump pack won't work with the deck. How nice...
I think you can mount the steering servo mounts to both the chassis and top deck. It will make the car more rigid and keep steering play down to a min.

You'll just have to try the sway bar settings and figure it out for yourself.

In my kit the stock shimming for the gearbox has two of the shims on the gear side of the diff and one on the other. I couldn't fit all those in, so I used only a couple. It should not be extremely tight. Cranking down too hard on the diff case halves can cause binding as well.
Old 03-12-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

there is about a 1-2mm space in between the chasis and the bottom of the servo. I didn't want to rusk it and crack anything

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.