Originally posted by melonracer
I would like to ask you experts a question; what do you suggest do to the Champ Edition when building it from the box? Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!
1. Buy a 3.05mm reamer....ream out the holes on the lower A arm mounts until the A arms fall freely AFTER you do up the grub screws on the A arms. Otherwise they will bind and you will get a funny handling car.
2. If you intend running a Kyosho or Mugen Centax and the stock lowered engine mount. You need to dremel a bit off the chassis, where the gear housing sits in order to get clearance.
3. Use thread lock on all screws going into Alloy.
4. Junk the steering servo mount and get the alloy one. The stock plastic is not worth the effort.
5. While you are at it...but the alloy lower A arms mounts also.
6. Be very careful with the grub screw holding the anti roll bar blade in place....the alloy holder is very soft!
7. Do not follow the instruction on the gearbox bevel gear shimming.....just put enough shims to have a slight play in the bevel gears....whatever it takes.
8. Junk the original yellow springs...too soft.
9. Use a very long fuel tube for the exhaust to fuel tank....the pipe gives masses of pressure.
10. Do not use O ring in center shaft drive cups...let the centre shaft slop around....otherwise it will bend.
11. Tighten up fuel tank mounting screws and then back off 1/4 turn....let it be loose.
12. Dismantle CVD joints and re-assemble using very small amount of grease and thread lock on grub screw.
Besides that...just follow the instructions!!!