Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Fuel Temperature >

Fuel Temperature

Fuel Temperature

Old 06-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Tech Adept

Default Fuel Temperature

Has anyone ever tried to use fuel in lower temperatures or is it a stupid idea?
Cuz I've seen people doing in 1/1 competition and I was just wondering if it was worthy to try this in RC competition.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:09 AM
Tech Lord

Cooling down will give more effective fuel/drivetime in the tank but if the fuel is on its limit at normal temperature with the Nitromax meter for sure it will be a messured to heavy at lower temperatures.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

One time when I was racing and it was cold outside, my car flamed out after a refuel stop. A guy that's been racing many years told me that the cold fuel probably extinguished the glow plug. Anyone know if that's true? I have seen people keep their fuel containers in coolers too.
Old 06-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It won't help performance any. Theoretically it could increase fuel mileage but not enough to matter in my opinion. I have seen people do the opposite on cold days. They will put the fuel bottle out in the sun to warm up before the race starts. They say it gives a more consistent tune but who knows.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have one of those Trinity fuel coolers, where you'd put cold packs in it with your fuel to keep it cool. I know when I used to use it, I didn't notice any real difference in wear or mileage, and I would get my butt kicked just as bad as when I didn't use it........... But it was worth a try.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

I always thought the fuel cooler, like the trinity I use, was for fuel life not immediate performance
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Default fuel

I also put my fuel tank in the sun to warm up and it does give a better performance.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

I prefer to drink mine room temperature.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is what i was told a wile back. When you cool your fuel it may be cool in your fuel bottle, but then when you put it in the tank the pressure line just heats the fuel back up.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by weiwei
In a crowded courtroom in wow gold Mississippi, a jury returns wow gold a shocking verdict against wow power leveling a chemical company accused of dumping toxic waste into a small town's water supply, causing the worst “cancer cluster” in history. The company wow power leveling appeals to the Mississippi Supreme Court, whose nine justices will one day either approve the verdict wow power leveling or reverse it.weiwei1978123
what ever you guys do dont click the links i am sure that they are full of viruses i think the fuel runs the sam hot or cold it dont make a difference