Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2003, 11:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

It seems as if all the former HPI newbies have jumped to the Mugen bandwagon, and are trying to make a bad reputation out of Mugen.

chorner: What's the big deal!? The sideguard stays on there fine. It seems like lately there have been several people bitching and moaning about Mugen any chance they get...you people sound like god damn 4 year olds and a lot of us are getting sick and tired this shit. If you have that big of problem with the part, send it back to Mugen for a FREE replacement cheap skate. If you don't want to send it back you're not going to get a replacement, so deal with it.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
btw, Robbie C

Associated doesn't have a problem sending out replacements for defective parts on NEW kits unused without you sending in the parts and they are not out of business are they?

You file a legitimate complaint, and they treat you with respect and ship out the parts ASAP no futher nonsense or money from you required.

Get the clue.

Proper business (like with computers!) if you're new Seagate HDD is defective, you give them your credit car dnumber and they ship you a replacement IMMEDIATELY, then when you get the new HDD you take out the origional defective unit and ship it to them within 30 days ....

EVERY company operates this way. Apparently not this one, or other 'hobby' business?

brutal

Whose your boss?
Could you please keep this to the phone lines. It is something that is a personal case with the company. While a few company reps come here, it would be much easier to deal with over the phones. I realized you must have done this, but we already have seen your complaints... let's not let this drag on so this flame war doesn't last much longer.
We all want R/C Tech to be a peaceful place, so let's try keep it that way.

sorry, I'm out.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Im2lazy
Just use a needle nose plier and hold onto the nut. If you've got to cut the plastic, so be it. Then you can send it in and get your $3 part straight from Mugen USA.
Sorry for swearing in the presense of minors, I think you can agree it's justifiable though
Old 08-20-2003, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Evolution ...

Thats the work of some wire cutters, cutting away the plastic around the nut so I could get a pair of pliers around it

Yet another genius at work
Old 08-20-2003, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by SuperMugen
It seems as if all the former HPI newbies have jumped to the Mugen bandwagon, and are trying to make a bad reputation out of Mugen.

chorner: What's the big deal!? The sideguard stays on there fine. It seems like lately there have been several people bitching and moaning about Mugen any chance they get...you people sound like god damn 4 year olds and a lot of us are getting sick and tired this shit. If you have that big of problem with the part, send it back to Mugen for a FREE replacement cheap skate. If you don't want to send it back you're not going to get a replacement, so deal with it.
moron loves to yell ! especially those from HPI forum.....

no doubt

Old 08-20-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Manticore buddy, genius boy, buddy old pal,

How can I apply too much force if the SCREW WAS NOT EVEN FULLY SCREWED IN YET?

Can you read man??? Seriously. It is impossible that this was user error.
maybe the screw and nut are defective. send them in for replacement too.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:20 AM
Tech Adept

Super Mugen

I have never owned an HPI.

I've owned the following:

2x FT AE RC10 buggies
1xRC10GT
1xTamiya TG10R
1xMugen Seiki MTX3
1xNTC3 rear exhuast kit
1xMugen MBX5

HPI? Even the HPI kits I've built for friends went together smoothly without a single hitch

Whats your point?
Old 08-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Manticore
robbie, i can feel your plain ! and supermugen is damn right. you have too many moron buyers. chroner is one of them. the picture shown clearly that is a assemble fault in that, this little moron clearly didnt know how to work with the side guard with lock nut holder design and it is obviously he did apply too much force to damage the lock nut guide.
Let us communatively wonder if he let the locknut completely sit in the locknut guide. Or check to see if the screw as well as the lock nut had clean threads... let us wonder.

I'm out.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Data
i think he will send the whole mugen kit to Ass o for a replacement !
Old 08-20-2003, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Im2lazy
I'm out.
you said it twice !
Old 08-20-2003, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Evolution ...

Thats the work of some wire cutters, cutting away the plastic around the nut so I could get a pair of pliers around it

Yet another genius at work

i thought you said the nuts was only half way in. if it were really half way in, you should have enough room to put a pair of p liers around the nut.
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Data
Good thinking,those nylock nuts have been known to give problems in the past.
Tech Adept

Im2lazy

I actually pushed the locknut down into the hole before I did anything else.

I'm an engineer dude I saw it comming anyway.

They use the same method to tighten down the pivot ball on the steering knuckles ... but the plastic on the knuckles is MUCH harder then the flexible side guards; which is why the nut spun in place instead of being firmly secured so you could screw it in.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SuperMugen
Sorry for swearing in the presense of minors, I think you can agree it's justifiable though
Heh, me, I really don't care... but it would be nice to keep these threads within the normal bounds of acceptable conversation.
Old 08-20-2003, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Data, no .... because I pushed the nuts down into the grove before hand ... and if you had built the kit before yourself, you know that once the screws reach the plastic in the lock nut, you're actually more than halfway there, but not enough to seat the guard tight to the chassis,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.