Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Seiki

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 06:55 AM
Tech Elite

??.........

i tend not to respond to flame threads but from what i am reading chocker (that dude, sorry forgot his name)
sounds like he is wrong.

the mugen kit goes together perfectly...actually better than my tamiya evo3 surikarn. i found the plastic on the mugen to be play free, and after heaps of races the only part with play is the front top A arms.

the bumper issue chocker mentioned sounds like a mistake he did.

but honestly you are all acting like fools. if someone is a idiot let them be, but don't stoop to their level.

manticore, why di you resort to your above responses? you seem like a really smart racer with tons of experience but the name calling that you participate in with fastharry make you look stupid. just ignore the people you find "dumb". i think most users will agree we prefer it when you are giving us advice on the mugen rather than having to see you respond in the above ways.

....oww yeah MUGEN ROCKS!
Old 08-21-2003, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Motorman
Thats because HUDY only makes METRIC allen drivers (except .078 and .050)and AE uses SAE english capscrews and flathead countersinks screws you wiener.

#12 3520 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .035 x 60 mm
#12 3540 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .035 x 120 mm
#12 5020 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .050 x 60 mm
#12 5040 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .050 x 120 mm
#12 6320 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .063 x 60 mm (1/16")
#12 6340 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .063 x 120 mm (1/16")
#12 7820 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .078 x 60 mm (5/64")
#12 7840 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .078 x 120 mm (5/64")
#12 9320 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip .093 x 60 mm (3/32")
#12 9340 Allen Wrench + Repl. Tip ,093 x 120 mm (3/32")

just want to relay this info......
Old 08-21-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

verdict?

why doesn't the world just get with the times....move to metric! .... and when is England going to consider themselves part of the european community.....oops sorry, lets leave the politics out of it
Old 08-21-2003, 07:46 AM
Rog
Tech Apprentice

Well, I'm not going to add fuel to the fire. I just want to make some points about customer service (and hopefully no one takes it as me trying to flame them)...

First off, yes the kit is covered against manufacturers' defects. However, because this particular part is probably outsourced and because 99.9% of everyone else that has assembled the kit has not had a problem...they will assume that there is no defect. If in fact there is a defect, it is Mugen's policy that you send it in. Plain and simple. "Customer Service" is not universally defined. Some companies will handle the same situation differently.

Here's an example of different levels of policies. About 7 years ago, my dad bought a Saturn. They had/have a policy that you can return the car within 30 days for any reason. Well, 2 weeks after he somehow ended up with a 1/2" bolt in his sidewall. I still don't know how he did this. It couldn't be patched and Saturn said they could get us a new tire for $70. Well my dad, being the type of person who never thinks anything is his fault, drove the car up to the front of the lot, parked it next to the other new cars and told the salesman that he bought it from that he's returning it. I was like "dad, you have balls...and no shame." But it was their policy so he took advantage of it. They got him a new tire for free. Because they didn't want a new car with a couple thousand miles on their hands they ate the cost of the tire. That is great customer service. I believe they have discontinued that policy though.

On the other hand, I HAD a Dodge Durango. Whenever something is wrong with it, they would tell me to bring it in. I took it in for an alternator problem and they said it was just a dead battery. They recharged it and I drove it home. The next morning...dead battery. I called Dodge and said "come pick this thing up, it's dead again." Well, they said that I had to get it there. "Well that sucks" I thought. I had AAA so I had them come out and bring it to the dealership where they found in fact that it was alternator problem. They discounted me on the fix but I would have eaten the cost of towing had I not had AAA. I got out of that situation semi-cheaply but the fact of the matter was they were just following policy. Did I dump my Dodge because I didn't like the service guys and their policies...YES! Truth of the matter is that would have been the same policy almost everywhere.

So my point is if you're upset...I can sympathize. If you wanna bash the company...it's your right (to a degree). Just understand that "Customer Service" doesn't mean "Bow down kiss the customer's feet."
Old 08-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

you were lucky you could drive it in..Most of those Durangos had bad trans's....
Old 08-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Rog
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by fastharry
you were lucky you could drive it in..Most of those Durangos had bad trans's....
You're not kiddin Harry. My cousin bought one because he really liked mine. He ended up returning it under the lemon laws.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

and the sad part is..Chrylers(and all) have had bad trans since I can remember back through the 80's....when I was wholesaleing,I used to dread buying Dynastys,K cars and the like..

Nothing changed through the 90's either....
Old 08-21-2003, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Really sad!!!

Originally posted by HELLION
What is with some of you people? Stefon (A legend in his own mind) takes a jab at americans and not one reply.He even cuts people down for there spelling. What's up with that? But boy you say one bad thing about Mugen and a hand full of you go nuts. Well heres a flash! Its ok to complain about the great Mugen! God won't strike you down and you will still be able to get Mugen parts. I do! So what are you afraid of? If you by all this crap that Kris Moore & Robby are shelling out I have a great deal on some swamp land I'm selling. The fact is most of you won't have to deal with the morons at Mugen Racing cause they are whole salers and do not deal with the public unless you have a defective part and then you will be in for a ride! If Mugen Racing went retail there woulden't be a Mugen Racing! Now sit back and watch the simple minded few fire back at me. lol
This is why I did not and would not send anything to both of these guys, there attitude here reflects there true personality, this is how they sounded when they called in, but worst.

Please in the future don't call me out of my name, we all know you do know how to spell, when you miss spell someone's name I'm sure it's on purpose, out of disrespect.

Old 08-21-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Robbie, I did not even speak to you when I called in ... you forwarded the call to the 'other guy' instead because I called back after the first time thinking 'what the hell? they expect me to wait 2 weeks and pay to receive a replacement for a defective part?'

From the first few seconds I spoke to you on the phone, I noticed you were hard to speak to and had a nice stammer in your voice. Its very hard to speak to somebody like you it seems over the phone, as you begin to back-track and wonder what the heck YOU just said. Robbie dude, get rid of the stammer ... and why did you have to pass the call on to the next person anyways? I said "Hi, I called earlier about a defectiev side guard, and was wondering wether you guys could send out the part now if I gave you a credit card # as security so we could send out the parts at the same time" ... apparently this didn't make sense to you, and you had to pass it on to the next guy ... who again it didn't make sense to. I would rather not pay ANYTHING for a replacement under warranty -which you shouldn't have to!- but I was atleast willing to give you guys a credit card # for security so I didn't have to wait 2 weeks to receive a new part.

Instead, buddy was ready to give me a list of places I could go out and BUY a replacement as 'Mugen does not sell to the public'. Which is crap anyways, as everybody knows they -Mugen- sell to 'Ebay'ers' and garage RC sellers with no real retail store front.

Great customer service guys lol, bunch of winners. Robbie, where are you from dude? I sure hope English is NOT your first language and that you are indeed ESL.

I was actually VERY curteous on the phone .... don't you guys record your phone convos like all other companies? I'm sure you have proof of that. I didn't use ANY derrogatory language, said 'Thank you' during both calls even though I was pissed off at the same time.

Somebody needs to knock your boys heads together. Seriously
Old 08-21-2003, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Btw,

I must make another comment about the Allen wrench sizes.

If you have ever built an NTC3, you know that the wrenches that AE sells -as well as the included L wrenches- are actually TOO small for the screw heads by a certain margin.

In actual fact, it is a much better fit to use the metric sized heads where possible becuase they are MUCH MORE ACCURATE than the US sized wrenches, as well as the screws. Compare Kyosho, or the screws Mugen uses -yes the screws Mugen uses.- and you will see just how much better a fit everything is with the metric wrenches, in comparison to using US sized allen wrenches with US sized allen screws.

I could have purchased the US sized wrenches, but I chose not to and instead bought the metric wrenches knowing they could be used. Not only that, used on various other kits ... so its a good investment.

Also, it wasn't even my origional idea as a guy from a local hobby shop actually suggested I buy the 1.5 and 2.0 mm metric allen tools and use them.

You can obviously see by the calulations that the metric sizes are a tad large by a small amount in accordance to the math; but when used in the screws are actually perfect for the job because of the allowed tolerance.
Old 08-21-2003, 12:57 PM
Tech Adept

Your temprament within this forum makes me wonder what your temprament would be at the track... but the truth is, I won't know and am glad for it. I wonder how much money you would demand from me if you crashed into me as I put you down a lap. Maybe judging your driving abilities on your apparent knowledge of kit maintanence and assembly is unfair, but I'd say it is a very effective indicator of it.
How much I would demand from you? Nothing .. racing is racing dude. This is different. I've been hit hard actually, my first time out. It was with the MTX3 I had just built and taken to the track for its first outting. I cut in to take the corner at the end of the straight when a guy came FLYING down the straight from behind me and thought it would be OK to use my car as a spare set of brakes. He hit the front left of my car bending the new Rossi pipe,
took a huge chunk out of the tire, and bent the dogbone -the MTX3 dogbones are a little short .. which is why guys either upgrade to universals, or use the MTX2 dogbones to fix the problem rather than running a shorter track width.

So, I was left with a bill for a set of new front tires, replaced the brand new pipe and bought universals so the dogbones wouldn't pop out again.

Did I complain? Sure, I was upset -especially since the moron though it was funny how his car had no damage, and mine did- but I said nothing .. took the car off the track, did what I could with the parts I had for the rest of the day; and that was that.

Thats racing.

This is different. I have yet to even touch the kit to the ground. So how about you get lost with this bullshit you seem to equate with a smart response? This is about support, not how pissed would you be if somebody did such and such to your kit at a race.

Now if you argued like this with me at the track; I'd either move away from you ... or punch your face in. I would probably take the 2nd option; its not the ice rink, but I'd still pop you one -and the rest of you jerks- even without my equipment on Punk! hahaha
Old 08-21-2003, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Fellas,

All of this non-sense is uncalled for. Much of this should have been handled via personal emails or pms, not on the open forum. As my grandfather taught me years ago, treat someone like you want to be treated. The same is true when you talk to someone else. If you go in with an attitude, expect one back. If someone treats you like crap, you reciprocate the same back to them. All of the back and forth is not solving anything but it is creating more anomosity between all the parties involved. Lets get the problems resolved and get back to sharing things that help each other race/finish better at the races we compete at.
Old 08-21-2003, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chorner
Robbie, I did not even speak to you when I called in ... you forwarded the call to the 'other guy' instead because I called back after the first time thinking 'what the hell? they expect me to wait 2 weeks and pay to receive a replacement for a defective part?'

From the first few seconds I spoke to you on the phone, I noticed you were hard to speak to and had a nice stammer in your voice. Its very hard to speak to somebody like you it seems over the phone, as you begin to back-track and wonder what the heck YOU just said. Robbie dude, get rid of the stammer ... and why did you have to pass the call on to the next person anyways? I said "Hi, I called earlier about a defectiev side guard, and was wondering wether you guys could send out the part now if I gave you a credit card # as security so we could send out the parts at the same time" ... apparently this didn't make sense to you, and you had to pass it on to the next guy ... who again it didn't make sense to. I would rather not pay ANYTHING for a replacement under warranty -which you shouldn't have to!- but I was atleast willing to give you guys a credit card # for security so I didn't have to wait 2 weeks to receive a new part.

Instead, buddy was ready to give me a list of places I could go out and BUY a replacement as 'Mugen does not sell to the public'. Which is crap anyways, as everybody knows they -Mugen- sell to 'Ebay'ers' and garage RC sellers with no real retail store front.

Great customer service guys lol, bunch of winners. Robbie, where are you from dude? I sure hope English is NOT your first language and that you are indeed ESL.

I was actually VERY curteous on the phone .... don't you guys record your phone convos like all other companies? I'm sure you have proof of that. I didn't use ANY derrogatory language, said 'Thank you' during both calls even though I was pissed off at the same time.

Somebody needs to knock your boys heads together. Seriously
Hmmmmmmm.................. Now it's my English, yet more verble abuse comming out of your MOUTH, I'll tell you what heres an ideal give me a call and we'll talk.(949-707-5607)

Why do you keep explaining yourself if you're in the wright.

Old 08-21-2003, 01:46 PM
Tech Adept

its spelled right, and idea dude ... and they don't look like typos on your part either

Why? Because everybody thinks I am in the wrong ... perhaps I'll keep explaining proper customer support to everyone until they get the idea, 'hint hint' Robbie?

Why call? Are you willing to settle this by sending me out my part?

If so .. how about you give me a call; since I don't feel the need to rack up a long distance bill to California because your company is too darn cheap to offer a toll free #. Not that I would even feel inclined to give you my number; especially on here

Not only that, I don't need to fall for your trap of calling Mugen with the whole intent to start something; I'm not that stupid pal.
I called twice, enough for me ... unless you want to give me the name of your immediate boss at Mugen Racing over there.

Regardless if I give you my phone number or not here, email or by calling you ... you guys shall have my number soon enough when the Better Business Bureau gets in touch with you. You may call me once you receive your mail/phone call from them.

Cya!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

do not lean yourself that much, rich a little bit. RC is a hobby. What parts do you need? Let me see if I have some left.

Originally posted by chorner
its spelled right, and idea dude ... and they don't look like typos on your part either

Why? Because everybody thinks I am in the wrong ... perhaps I'll keep explaining proper customer support to everyone until they get the idea, 'hint hint' Robbie?

Why call? Are you willing to settle this by sending me out my part?

If so .. how about you give me a call; since I don't feel the need to rack up a long distance bill to California because your company is too darn cheap to offer a toll free #. Not that I would even feel inclined to give you my number; especially on here

Not only that, I don't need to fall for your trap of calling Mugen with the whole intent to start something; I'm not that stupid pal.
I called twice, enough for me ... unless you want to give me the name of your immediate boss at Mugen Racing over there.

Regardless if I give you my phone number or not here, email or by calling you ... you guys shall have my number soon enough when the Better Business Bureau gets in touch with you. You may call me once you receive your mail/phone call from them.

Cya!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.