R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Closed Thread
Old 08-11-2003, 12:00 PM   #106
Tech Rookie

This post is in regarding to what Danny Elliot, aka “Hellion” has been posting about Mugen Seiki Racing.

I would like to say my name is Kris Moore and I have been general manager of Mugen Seiki Racing since November of ’98. I have been racing RC Cars from 1987 to present and have been in the nitro side since 1992. Danny call Mugen Seiki Racing regarding a MT12 motor that he said that he was having problems with and thought it was a manufactures defect. I asked him to send it in and we would take a look at it. When we received this motor I was out of town, (not on vacation but at a race in Aiken, SC) and there was no information regarding the problem. Just a motor in a box. When Danny called we regarding his motor he was told that the problem with the motor was not and manufactures defect. When he heard this he preceded to us abusive and obscene language to Robbie on the phone. We offered to rebuild the motor but not replace it. When I returned to the office a couple days later Danny called again and I talked with him. I told him I had a completely rebuilt motor but he told me that was not good enough and wanted nothing less than a new motor. I then decided it was easier to send a new motor, which I told him repeatedly over the phone but he said he would not believe it until he said. I next day delivered him a new MT12TSG/S motor which was directly shipped from Novarossi. Danny then called back the next day and said the he didn’t receive a turbo motor because it didn’t have a cut on the end of the crankshaft and that we cheated him. We have sold 10’s of thousands of Nova/Mugen motors over the last 4 years and Novarossi has shipped both cut and uncut cranks in the turbo motors. What was sent to us was sent to Danny. I then checked stock and we are out of turbo crankshafts so I removed the crankshaft out of Danny’s original motor and set it back to him. It even included the 3mm screw he left in the end of the crankshaft. It was removed directly from his original motor, not just a bad crankshaft like he has post in this thread.

Now Danny is sending emails directly to Mugen Seiki (Japan) regarding the problem with his motor. Mugen Seiki Japan sends all emails that have anything to do with Mugen Seiki Racing to us to take care of. I have responded numerous to Danny’s emails to ask what we can do to fix them problem and he refused to deal with myself. I have called and left messages on his answer machine and left a message with a person who has answered live. We have all this documented for Danny if he forgets. If he refuses to give us any response we have no idea how to help him. In his numerous emails he has said that he plans on going to all the RC chat lines to warn everyone how bad of service that Mugen Seiki Racing has. If this is what Danny what’s to do in a public form, that’s ok, you will not see me doing anything like that.

This will be the only post I make regarding this situation. I will continue to cruise through this chat forum and the many others and help people out if they have any question’s regarding Mugen product or anything else about nitro racing in general.

Kris Moore
Old 08-11-2003, 01:45 PM   #107
Tech Addict

WAY TO GO KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2003, 02:18 PM   #108
Tech Elite
Send a message via AIM to stefan

Hey Kris, since you are here, when can we expect to see more Mugen/NR engines at the dealers.

I will not pay Trinity's NR prices, so my hopes are with you guys
Old 08-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #109
Tech Master
Send a message via AIM to ROBBIE C Send a message via Yahoo to ROBBIE C
Default Re: I so agreeee

Originally posted by HELLION
I've tryed but people keep asking
All I have to say is look at how Hellion comes across which is very demanding and rude.

Old 08-11-2003, 05:16 PM   #110
Tech Elite
Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™
Default Re: Re: I so agreeee

Originally posted by ROBBIE C
All I have to say is look at how Hellion comes across which is very demanding and rude.

Listen....I bust Mugen drivers all the time..its my nature to prey on the weak.....

Its also my nature to show respect for people I deal with...

I had a chance talk to robbie at Mugen about an MR 12 engine a few months back...

I'm a freind of one of his good customers...but he didn't know that.....he just knew me from this forum...and also knew I drive Tc3's...

He showed me nothing but courtesy....and was a great help on the phone...

Anyone with half a brain in his head can read between the lines and take Hellions comments with a grain of salt....

Mugen makes some great products....and their support team is terrific...

this is just another case where the customer isn't always right..

in fact,by the sound of it,he was dead wrong...
www.fastharry.com---search "fastharry" on facebook
See Fastharry in Super Nitro racing at the HPI CHALLENGE...
Old 08-11-2003, 05:30 PM   #111
RCTech Member #2
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

Kris - Thanks for clearing up this issue, and visiting the forums.

I think it's a good idea to give this thread the padlock.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
Closed Thread