Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
BEWARE! Is Mugen Racing #1? >

BEWARE! Is Mugen Racing #1?

BEWARE! Is Mugen Racing #1?

Old 08-06-2003, 06:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default gezzzzzzzzzzz

Well I stand corrected, My bad sorry bout that RC lover and I too am a great Mugen fan
Old 08-06-2003, 06:29 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stefon and his boyfriend Corser

Originally posted by eddiethefish
Use no WD40!
use KY instead?
Old 08-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by rod_b
If you have a "verified" lemon, then you actually do have to deal with the corporate office. If there are minor defects, then you deal with the dealership which is still, to a degree, dealing with the manufacturer. Unfortunately shops only provide the goods but have no affiliation to the mfg so they share no responsibility.
the dealer should handle that lemon on behalf of the customer !
Old 08-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: IM a Mugan fan

Originally posted by RClover
see, you got my message wrong again, HELLION! I AM NOT sent by Mugen USA to speak up for them, okay!
Sure i am a big fan of Mugen!

Ohh, i got it now! I dont think by having the Mugen emblem underneath my name suggest i am from Mugen..

But from your previous statements, suggest to me that you have some communication problems.

If you didnt like to hear positive comments on Mugen, pls say so the next time in your first post and we would avoid this!
I work for so many companies, i drive a subaru (work there), i drink diet coke (work there too), and i work for so many RC companies such as mugen, kyosho, hn, tamiya etc etc. I have so many boss !!
Old 08-06-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: gezzzzzzzzzzz

Originally posted by HELLION
Well I stand corrected, My bad sorry bout that RC lover and I too am a great Mugen fan
No problem, man! Cheer up! Everything will be just fine, dont brood over it, ok!
Old 08-06-2003, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default My comments

Guys;

First of all, most of the RACE Engines are sold without any warranty except for manufacturing defects.

Most maunufacturers also state that if the Engine has been disassembled, any warranty is VOID.

I personally probably would have disassembled the Engine myself, found the problem, reassembled and sent in for repairs/replacement without comment.

Some of you might remember the "Engine Horror Stories" from the HPI website. It was amazing what People would send in for warranty (not saying you did this) that was obviously abuse or neglect.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your bad experience with Mugen USA.
Old 08-06-2003, 09:42 PM
Tech Adept

Hellion, can you post the pics that you took? It might help explain a few things. "A picture is worth a thousand words"...
Old 08-06-2003, 09:56 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have talked with Mugen USA over the phone, quite some time ago. I didn't have any product issues that needed to be resolved, but they did answer my question, and pointed me in the right direction for what i was looking for. Everyone I talked to on the phone was friendly, and it was worth the long distance call, imho.
Old 08-06-2003, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: My comments

Originally posted by popsracer
Guys;

First of all, most of the RACE Engines are sold without any warranty except for manufacturing defects.

Most maunufacturers also state that if the Engine has been disassembled, any warranty is VOID.

I personally probably would have disassembled the Engine myself, found the problem, reassembled and sent in for repairs/replacement without comment.

Some of you might remember the " from the HPI website. It was amazing what People would send in for warranty (not saying you did this) that was obviously abuse or neglect.

Anyways, sorry to hear about your bad experience with Mugen USA.

alright, HPI has the best "Engine Horror Stories"
Old 08-06-2003, 10:42 PM
Tech Master

Default Mugen Defect

I do not understand why you would bother to go back to Mugen to settle this. Question is where did you purchase the engine from? If it is from a RC shop then GO BACK to the shop and get it replaced. This is because you have a contractual relationship with the shop.

Also, how long were you running the engine for before you went back to the shop/Mugen USA? That will make a difference.

You can see Mugen USA to claim on the warranty but you know that takes eons!

Also, it is obvious NEVER start an engine before you take it apart and inspect it. I have known of many TOP Italian brands where there are "things" inside the engine. Not just metal shavings.

Had a Rody Roem which contained some washer. That was revealed when the engine fired up the first time and it stopped. How did a washer which is not part of the engine end up inside it?

MTX3 FOREVER!!!
Old 08-06-2003, 11:08 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I agree, before starting an engine, clean it yourself first

I also have had a seen a few novarossi's with crap inside them

O.S seems to be quite clean though
Old 08-07-2003, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Pics (Ihope!)

OK I finally got the pics switched over to jpg! This new prog is a little over my head! lol. But I have been having problems posting them . That is why if you look I have 4 headings in the pics section but no pictures but Ill keep trying! But maybe I'm attaching them wrong. Here is what I'm doing: I push the IMG box and it tells me to enter text which doesen't make much sence to me but I enter the Icon on my desktop with the heading rc car pics thats where the pics are. Is this right? I'm not really good with PCs. The last time I tryed this it sent the top half of some pics! OK It said that it was to big 640x480 so I made it 300x225
Attached Thumbnails BEWARE! Is Mugen Racing #1?-imga0149-copy.psd-crank-small.jpg  
Old 08-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking Heyyyy I did it

It's about time gezzzzzzzzz!!! Any way this is a pic^^^ of the brand new crank they sent me and now I can post a pic. of the scale that I built that you wanted to see
Old 08-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default engine tear down?

I do my own porting and engine mods and have been doing this for a long time and you can bet I will tear down and inspect every engine I get from now on! However I dont know if I agree that this should be normal procedure! I work on alot of rc cars and I get asked alot to rebuild engines. I take forgranted that this is easy for me to do but you would be suprised of the number of rc owners that do not know how to do this and also what about the people just getting started into the world of rc.
Old 08-07-2003, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Default Posting Photos

Guys;

Just wanted to comment that there is a FREE program called 'Photo Resizer' that will allow you resize and reduce the file size of just about any Photo with no noticable loss in quality.

Photo Resizer program

Last edited by popsracer; 08-07-2003 at 08:30 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.