Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dm-1 racing 301 raceway

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default dm-1 racing 301 raceway

july 27 there will be 1/7 scale racing at 301 raceway so please come out to support this class infernos and gtp are welcome it's a great class look to grow larger
Old 07-23-2008, 06:08 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i think i might just come down and watch this 1.

R
Old 07-24-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default what kind of tires

some folks prefer foams such as myself and some prefer rubber tires both work great we are trying to get this class to grow so let have some input on which is better for you because, when you start having a spec. class that tends to discourage would be racers it's a serious fun class that need to be promoted
Old 07-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Glad to hear you guys are rockin the DM-1's out there, we're having a race out here to at Greater L.A. this Sunday with GT's and Dm-1 it'll kinda be like a LeMans race with different class cars running, keep up the good work to make it grow, hopefully there will be a big big race to make the time to get out there and run with mains as far as D-main if it gets there then you know the class has growth.

DJ
Ofna Racing
Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tbo713
some folks prefer foams such as myself and some prefer rubber tires both work great we are trying to get this class to grow so let have some input on which is better for you because, when you start having a spec. class that tends to discourage would be racers it's a serious fun class that need to be promoted
My thoughts on the tire and motor restrictions are these. There were a lot guys that had the cars and had already put after market motors and pipes on them and to ask them to purchase another stock motor would have been a possible deterrent to him racing. Also a lot of guys because of the design and nature of the car, were running the cars in parking lots and bought tires suitable to running in parking lots and so forth and I think to ask them to have to conform to a specific tire would also be a possible deterrent to him racing. Bottom line this class was designed to be as everyone said a "fun class." Now obviously if this class really gets big then possible stricter rules will have to be enforced.

Chris Whitney