Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Old 04-29-2004, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by ziggy12345

. . . . . . i removed all the rear droop and it has improved the off power steering!
But you said the above.
What were you expecting?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by jeffreylin
Racing4Evo, where did you race this Sunday? Care to share you setup? Thanks!
Revelation. I think I met you, I am the guy that was asking you questions about your car.

Today I put the diff back in and it is so much better. I put diff lock in it and that seemed to help a lot with the on power steering and plenty of off power steering. Try my setup, you will like it.

FRONT

Camber: -2 deg.
Caster: Shims all behind arm
Toe: +1 deg.
Spring:Gold
Shock oil: 600wt
Position: inner
Diff: diff lock
Ride Height: 5mm
Droop: 0
Swaybar: 45 deg.
Trackwidth: 198mm
Tires: 40shore 59mm
REAR

Camber: -3 deg.
Toe: -1 deg.
Spring:Gold
Shock oil: 600wt
Position: inner
Diff: 35,000 (I added a little dab of 50k to it)
Ride Height: 5mm
Droop: 6mm
Swaybar: Black; none exposed
Rear arm Carrier: Low
Camber Link Position: Bulkhead; bottom , Upright; Upper
Track width: 200mm
Tires: 40 shore 61mm
Body: Protoform Mazda 6

Gearing: 22/27, 51/46
Engine: Mugen MT-12 Big head
Pipe: RD Logic
Optional Parts: Graphite Shock towers and upperdeck, 3 Racing Aluminum Front Arm carrier
Old 04-30-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Does anyone know if you can use other oils for the TCD Diff besides the red and black ones from kyosho? I want to put 50k in it, is that safe? My friend would also like to know since he is running TCD diffs in the front and rear.
Old 04-30-2004, 04:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Does anyone know if you can use other oils for the TCD Diff besides the red and black ones from kyosho? I want to put 50k in it, is that safe? My friend would also like to know since he is running TCD diffs in the front and rear.
Hi Racing4Evo, I remember you. Thanks for the set up but I'm suprised that you have the gold and sway-bar in front. I am running rear black and no sway bar in front for additional steering. I also have a one way in front.

As for the TCD, I was running the TCD gears on sunday. I started with the LSD oil that came with it but the car was undrivable. It would spin out at the end of straight when I tried to turn in the hairpin and the rear is drifting all the time when I was not spinning out. I tried to put diff gears in and I did not have the right pin in there and they kept locking up, so I decided TCD gears are diff gears too and end up putting regular 40k diff oil in them. Well the car is now drivable and I finished 2nd but I want to try it with the regular diff and see haw it works in comparison.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

This isn't the setup from Sunday. I went back to the differential in the front and that is the cause of the swaybar presence. The pseudo solid front axle does really make the car easier to drive.

On Sunday when I did have the one-way i was pretty much using the first setup I posted. I did take out the front swaybar. I am racing Saturday at Revelation. You can check out my car and we can exchange info on the car. My new engine is coming Tuesday and it is going to be killer, hopefully enough to keep up with the fast guys. If you didn't know a lot of people are now running 40% nitro. It's almost impossible to keep up with this car. Where do we find the Kawahara ring gears?
Old 04-30-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
This isn't the setup from Sunday. I went back to the differential in the front and that is the cause of the swaybar presence. The pseudo solid front axle does really make the car easier to drive.

On Sunday when I did have the one-way i was pretty much using the first setup I posted. I did take out the front swaybar. I am racing Saturday at Revelation. You can check out my car and we can exchange info on the car. My new engine is coming Tuesday and it is going to be killer, hopefully enough to keep up with the fast guys. If you didn't know a lot of people are now running 40% nitro. It's almost impossible to keep up with this car. Where do we find the Kawahara ring gears?
Is there a race on Saturday? Regardless, Saturdays I race at SoCal (electric). I was in Hong Kong 2 weeks ago and I could not find the Kawahara ring gears. But I don't think I need them--I am running stock ratios and the car is fast enough.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Addict

I am having a hard time finding a place that sells the Kawahara front conversion kit. Where are folks buying those from?

Thanks,
-Rich
Old 05-01-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RichChang
I am having a hard time finding a place that sells the Kawahara front conversion kit. Where are folks buying those from?

Thanks,
-Rich
I got mine in Hong Kong. There were plenty selling for about HK$500 each.
Old 05-01-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

That'd be an expensive plane ticket for me. Any of those places do online-order?

-Rich
Old 05-01-2004, 09:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Rich Chang is my hero!
Old 05-01-2004, 09:12 AM
Tech Addict

Funny guy, you. Am I going to see you and Switzer racing nitro this summer?

-Rich
Old 05-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

I think someone posted this website earlier. They have the frone end conversion along with the center conversion.

www.rc-union.com
Old 05-03-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally posted by RichChang
Funny guy, you. Am I going to see you and Switzer racing nitro this summer?

-Rich
Oh yeah we will be around. Either Cincy or Toledo and all of the MWS races. Rockin' G fo's.
Old 05-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

This has gone a bit quite recently! Just keeping it alive!

Cheers
Old 05-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

I am still waiting for my car to arrive. I got it off of eBay back on the 20th... I am getting a bit impatient waiting for it. I guess it is coming from Hong Kong, so who knows if it is stuck in Customs.

-Rich

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.