Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ecleftone
I need to ask a ques, i know the FW05rr needs to use a different type of starter box to accomodate its engine placement. What about using a handheld starter?

From the looks of my engine, can it support a roto-start? I dont suppose so right? There's nothing to poke the rotostart into. But the previous owner mentioned that he used a handheld starter. Is there a handheld starter other than sth similar to rotostart that i do not know of?
I have seen somewhere a hand held electric starter that spins a rubber wheel and you just do it by hand instead of using a bump box. I think I saw it in a store not sure how good they are though or what brand they are. I just been having a search on net for a bit to see if can find something online but no luck.

Last edited by stevenc; 02-07-2007 at 05:09 AM.
Old 02-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Tech Master

I need to ask a ques, i know the FW05rr needs to use a different type of starter box to accomodate its engine placement. What about using a handheld starter?

From the looks of my engine, can it support a roto-start? I dont suppose so right? There's nothing to poke the rotostart into. But the previous owner mentioned that he used a handheld starter. Is there a handheld starter other than sth similar to rotostart that i do not know of?
Depending on your motor, there is this product that replaces a pull-cord unit, but you may need to raise the motor a fraction for clearance.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Okay, so i suppose there's such a thing as a rubber attachment to the end of a rotostart or something. Gotta check if my lhs has them. Thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Are there still FW-05RR owners here?

I just got one but it seems everybody is driving a V1RRR or MTX4.
My first post:

I'm in the process of building mine, just ordered all and received some of the electronics and next the engine and paraphernalia.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scuderia italia
My first post:

I'm in the process of building mine, just ordered all and received some of the electronics and next the engine and paraphernalia.
When you install the throttle servo used some shock lower o-rings between the servo and the radio plate on each screw, and don't do them up too tight.
This is to prevent the vibration from damaging the throttle servo, and also lifts the servo off the chassis a little.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there everyone. I'm running stock class this year (FW-05T totally stock and rubber tyres). I need to get a few replacement parts (gears, hubs, fuel tank etc.) but prices here in Aus. at the LHS are outrageous. What on-line stores do you guys use to get kyosho spares from?
Old 02-13-2007, 04:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by NiMo
When you install the throttle servo used some shock lower o-rings between the servo and the radio plate on each screw, and don't do them up too tight.
This is to prevent the vibration from damaging the throttle servo, and also lifts the servo off the chassis a little.
will do, I also have a very soft rubber sheet that I will try out between the receiver and chassis.

Thanks
Old 02-13-2007, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CrustyNoodle
Hi there everyone. I'm running stock class this year (FW-05T totally stock and rubber tyres). I need to get a few replacement parts (gears, hubs, fuel tank etc.) but prices here in Aus. at the LHS are outrageous. What on-line stores do you guys use to get kyosho spares from?
try this one www.rc-mushroom.com
Old 02-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Tech Master

Try this. This is a USA website

www.shopkyosho.com Items shipped from this website come from a hobby shop nearest you, that will have the parts you want in stock.

Or If you like Look up PNP Hobbies . He is in the 321 area code.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just wondering if there's any guys out there wanting to sell their FW05rr spare parts.

It seems that alot of people are moving to RRRs... just trying my luck.

RR parts are really hard to find...
Old 03-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone knows an online shop or is selling the FW05RR conversion kit for the FW05R?

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

www.shopkyosho.com

This website will ship the conversion kit from a hobby shop closest to you that will have the conversion kit in stock.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Only problem with www.shopkyosho.com is it's not a world wide thing - they don't ship outside the US.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default FW-05R

HEY GUYS,HOW TO MODIFY FW-05R TO DRIFT CAR
Old 03-15-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just got some parts for my FW 05RR from RC Champ email them with part no's, great prices too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.