Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

has anybody had a problem with breaking front axles? i have, i just touch the boards and snap there goes another. wood boards. two day race this weekend and broke one in 4 out of 5 qualifiers. managed to keep it off the boards for the 30 min a main. qualed 3rd and finished 5th. guy from canada was kinda scary when he got behind ya. little too choppy on the corners. makes ya nervous as hell. could have done better but broke too many times. got to challenge a rrr and the guy was fast, but i still got to make some killer passes on the rrr. just too much fun whoopin up on the belt car. shaft drive rules. i did manage to finish one position in front of the rrr. yeah the car worked great, now if i could get the driver to keepit off the boards! later all.

doug...
Old 07-25-2005, 03:28 AM
Tech Rookie

got a big prob with keepin the front dogbones in the car, every time i have a slight tangle it throws a bone. runnin the standard setup, even put o rings on both sides,still didn't work. any tip would be handy. cheers tigg
Old 07-25-2005, 04:03 AM
Tech Rookie

What width are you running at the front? Maybe you need to make the track width a bit smaller so they cant pop out? Can you move them back and forth very far when you have it assembled?
Old 07-25-2005, 04:21 AM
Tech Rookie

about 195mm any more an i can't adjust the toe in,
Old 07-25-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Dogbones fall out of the front in most cars, more so if you have a lot of steering lock.
You'd be best putting some universals up front.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tigg
got a big prob with keepin the front dogbones in the car, every time i have a slight tangle it throws a bone. runnin the standard setup, even put o rings on both sides,still didn't work. any tip would be handy. cheers tigg
Are you running a oneway? If so, did you put a spacer around the front outdrive so they stick out more?
Old 07-26-2005, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking

thx i'll get sum
Old 07-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default toe-in/out for fw-05rr?

I've been tinkering some minor settings and getting ready to mount my new titan body on my fw-05 and can't help but notice there's no way to adjust the front toe-in/out. How do we adjust these in the fw-05rr?
Old 07-26-2005, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ch4dwick
I've been tinkering some minor settings and getting ready to mount my new titan body on my fw-05 and can't help but notice there's no way to adjust the front toe-in/out. How do we adjust these in the fw-05rr?
Hi ch4dwick! Get a turnbuckle for the steering linkage. Otherwise, you can pop out one side of the linkage and twist it for length adjustments. You can also use the turnbuckles that came with your rear anti-roll bar for your steering paired with one short and one medium plastic ballends on each side. Good Luck!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OrAnGe PoWeR
Hi ch4dwick! Get a turnbuckle for the steering linkage. Otherwise, you can pop out one side of the linkage and twist it for length adjustments. You can also use the turnbuckles that came with your rear anti-roll bar for your steering paired with one short and one medium plastic ballends on each side. Good Luck!
is there an easy way to unhook those adjusters to ball ends? I always find myself working myself out removing those tight things. I did find one solution though. instead of yanking it, I twist the adjuster sideways and it just slides itself off. But there are times that this technique still doesn't work.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default evo3 in fwo5r

let just say holy #$#$ the fwo is like a rocket 20/51,27/45. man i had a battle with a rrr on a super smooth flat track no bumps ,as we all know the fwo performs at its best on a flat track.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by impalabob64
let just say holy #$#$ the fwo is like a rocket 20/51,27/45. man i had a battle with a rrr on a super smooth flat track no bumps ,as we all know the fwo performs at its best on a flat track.
FW battling with RRR, at least you kept it in the family
Old 07-27-2005, 01:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ch4dwick
is there an easy way to unhook those adjusters to ball ends? I always find myself working myself out removing those tight things. I did find one solution though. instead of yanking it, I twist the adjuster sideways and it just slides itself off. But there are times that this technique still doesn't work.
p're, try the ball end extractor tool from 3racing...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 AM
Tech Regular

p're, try the ball end extractor tool from 3racing...
I did some research on it. I know what it looks like now.

Hey, thanks!
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, what about the ackerman settings? How do you change it in the FW05RR?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.