Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Dude, I am not aware if there is ackerman adjustment possibility available on the graphite steering plate?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BundyMan
Dude, I am not aware if there is ackerman adjustment possibility available on the graphite steering plate?
The new one has 2 positions A&C.
Old 06-03-2005, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by coldfusion
wouldn't leaving the gears in the diff cause them to wear prematurely and spoil coz there's no lubrication at all with the clay in there?
I wouldn't worry about the wear on those gears. Unless your stuck on the boards alot or hold the wheels on one side of the car when running, they should hardly spin at all. The way its designed they probably don't even spin two revolutions per corner.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up GOOD Answer

you got it 3434 thats how it works
Old 06-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

Default hey coldfusion

i use the L on my fwo.hey you guy that where hving ,the issues with the fwo5 .where you using the L, or H,s .H,s do not an i mean do not work.my fwo5,drives real aggressive just like the rrr.marcos can tell you my car is super dailed on any track a can adapt real fast.It like to dive into corners really fast ,an come out faster.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by impalabob64
i use the L on my fwo.hey you guy that where hving ,the issues with the fwo5 .where you using the L, or H,s .H,s do not an i mean do not work.my fwo5,drives real aggressive just like the rrr.marcos can tell you my car is super dailed on any track a can adapt real fast.It like to dive into corners really fast ,an come out faster.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

I ran mine with both on the rear, L at the RF an H at the RR, never had an issue with rear end grip (apart from having too much)
Old 06-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Super Moderator

get ready for Sunday!!
Old 06-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)
Default driving difference with the fw-05rr ??

hey guys

ive sold my fw-05r and just finished building the fw-05rr

i am going to use stock setup the first time i take i t out.
I just wanted to know what are some new things to look for in this car ?

both in the way it drives and any special things about the parts compared to the fw-05r ?

thanks heaps
John
Old 06-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Tech Adept

I actually took out my RR on the track yesterday and it was really dusty....... now what i noticed was, apart from a lot of sand on the track ....... was while entering corners...... i had to really slow down.

I had installed the 92491 springs orange in rear - soft and Yellow in front - Hard. ride height at rear was 7 and front was 6 or so.. to give more grip at turn in. but...... while the car is entering the turn its sort of slipping from the front and not enough turn in ---- though when its slowddown and i hit a little accelerator it turns...which is quite slow.

How do i get the car to have more grip in the frontt...... atleast now the car is not spinning out...... should i use the medium springs ? in front may be its too hard n not too much wieght is trasferinggg....... ?

any suggestionsss ?
Old 06-06-2005, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by uaerc
I actually took out my RR on the track yesterday and it was really dusty....... now what i noticed was, apart from a lot of sand on the track ....... was while entering corners...... i had to really slow down.

I had installed the 92491 springs orange in rear - soft and Yellow in front - Hard. ride height at rear was 7 and front was 6 or so.. to give more grip at turn in. but...... while the car is entering the turn its sort of slipping from the front and not enough turn in ---- though when its slowddown and i hit a little accelerator it turns...which is quite slow.

How do i get the car to have more grip in the frontt...... atleast now the car is not spinning out...... should i use the medium springs ? in front may be its too hard n not too much wieght is trasferinggg....... ?

any suggestionsss ?
Try ackerman A. silver spings in front with 40wt - #2 shock tower hole / black springs in rear with 50wt - shocks standing up with black or gold swaybar. Ride height at 5 in front and 6 in back. 2mm of droop over ride height. You can also try black rear springs in front and stand the shocks up more.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Tech Adept

Kiddynamite......

Thanks for the info.....wouldnt this be the hard setup.. I mean dont we have to put in soft setup when its a dusty / sandy track . aka low traction.

have you tried this on a dusty track. ?

thanks heaps...
Old 06-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by uaerc
Kiddynamite......

Thanks for the info.....wouldnt this be the hard setup.. I mean dont we have to put in soft setup when its a dusty / sandy track . aka low traction.

have you tried this on a dusty track. ?

thanks heaps...
It actually is a soft set-up. I'm using the 1.0mm x 2 pistons in front. Laying down the shocks in front also softens it up and helps with turn in. My track was the same way the first few weeks of the season. I also used 37 shore all around. The silver springs are pretty light and if you want even lighter, use the black rear springs in front. The stand up shocks in back help to get more steering, same with the thicker rear swaybar. One of the fastest 710 guys at my track wanted to try out my car for kicks and he said it was more dialed than his. He's even thinking of trying to go Kyosho. I'm still experimenting with getting a little more on-power steering, but seeing a sponsored guy drive my car really helped me to dial in my driving style. It's different in the turns than the RRR. But I'm hoping to find a great set-up and this one may be a good starting point for you too. If you come up with something, do share please.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Default hey kiddyno

bobby here ,man lock that frt diff up,with some shoo goo,or serpent cleaning clay.trust me it works perfect.my buddy has 2 rrr ,running solid in frt an i can power steer in to a corner full throttle.
Old 06-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

bobby here ,man lock that frt diff up,with some shoo goo,or serpent cleaning clay.trust me it works perfect.my buddy has 2 rrr ,running solid in frt an i can power steer in to a corner full throttle.
listen to bobby he's got his car dialed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.