Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Old 02-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I had the unusual thing happen to my car at the weekend, I stripped 3 2nd gear spurs.
Had a similar problem, first gear one-way was randomly sticking on, causing the drive to go through both gears!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:21 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I am seeing the stock one way is pretty tight. I just was cleaning out the one way and put it back on the shaft and its very tight on that shaft, doesnt roll freely like many of the one ways I have had before.

due to the stresses put on the one ways, I am hessitant on buying a 3R replacement. And the kyosho upgrade is a little pricey. I may just need to get a friend from my HPI days to make me a one way for the FW05
Old 02-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys got a couple of questions for ya. I have been thinking of getting the fw-05. Do they hold up well?? I have read that they don't have as much steering as the RRR. All of the tracks I run on are small 120x50 so steering is a nessicity. Also is the car equiped to gear for smaller tracks? And does it come with a front diff or oneway? And if a oneway do they offer a front diff?
keith
Old 02-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by kt racing
hey guys got a couple of questions for ya. I have been thinking of getting the fw-05. Do they hold up well?? I have read that they don't have as much steering as the RRR. All of the tracks I run on are small 120x50 so steering is a nessicity. Also is the car equiped to gear for smaller tracks? And does it come with a front diff or oneway? And if a oneway do they offer a front diff?
keith
i had plenty of steering out of my fw with the front diff. i race alot of small tracks and the cars is perfect in my opinion. I just recently upgraded it to the RR conversion and the car seems to handle alot better.I will be racing the car again this weekend at a medium size track. So i will let you know by sunday night.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

RR conversion and the car seems to handle alot better.
is this something that comes from kyosho? IF so what is the part number for it. What about the front diff.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kt racing
is this something that comes from kyosho? IF so what is the part number for it. What about the front diff.
Get the FW05RR, all version of the FW05 can run either one-way, Diff or Spool.
If you are going to run on a track with loads of sharp corners and heavy braking then I would recommend running a spool up front as it give straighter braking, quicker turn in, and no diffing out so you could run without roll bars for even more cornering grip.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally posted by NiMo
If you are going to run on a track with loads of sharp corners and heavy braking then I would recommend running a spool up front as it give straighter braking, quicker turn in, and no diffing out so you could run without roll bars for even more cornering grip.
Hey NiMo how are you locking the front diff?
Old 02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

I put 120,000 wght dif oil from ofna in my front diff. I love the response I get. I do get some slide from the rear on power but the rear wheels line up behind the front wherever I'm pointing them. Not locked but great handeling I think.

havy
Old 02-23-2005, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Marcos.J
Hey NiMo how are you locking the front diff?
Same as RRR, I use the 3racing alloy part.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Same as RRR, I use the 3racing alloy part.
thanks
Old 02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I went to my dealer site and all they sell is fwo5R not a fw05rr
Old 02-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: WEEKS????

Originally posted by jeffreylin
3434, I gave you their phone number did you call them?

I spoke to Terrance about you and he told me something like what you wanted was out of stock and you would not read what he responded but just kept sending him email saying the same thing.

I am not saying I know what happend or making a judgement either way, but I think you should take this up with them directly or start another thread instead of using this forum as a venue of your furstration.
Yes I did try to call but get no answer.?? And I thank you for the phone number and also talking with him.

Yes things were/are? backordered, but thats all that was said on my order. I gave it a few weeks before I asked what the status was (politely, not like I haven't had anything backordered before) nothing. A few days after I wrote again still nothing so I started daily, still nothing. Funny thing is I see people are having trouble finding the 05RR conv. kit and they list it on there site. So I emailed them to see if it was in stock. He replied to that with no mention of my backorder! Its not looking to good.

But you are right this is not the place, Thanks again
Old 02-23-2005, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

sorry double post

Last edited by 3434; 02-23-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Hi nimo, when say spool it means solid front right? I was thinking of using solid front for a small track (no a lot of dead corners) with 10k diff oil (rear). Car park track. U used 10k oil in rear with solid front before?
Old 02-23-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by havy
I just invested in the 37t bevel gears, hows the roll out compared to the kawahara conversion?

Going to try them out this weekend.

havy
Wouldnt using 37T bevel gears reduce the explosive acceleration of the FW05R?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.