Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Kyosho FW-05R

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ziggy12345
What you think of my idea of the team challenge going national? 3 or 4 to a team?

Cheers
The National guys get very touchy about outsiders interfering with their series so you'd better get permission first.
It took some persuasion from Cartman to get the clubman's championship going in the rubber series.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by jeffreylin
I wonder about VZ004B and C myself but FM337s are much harder and stronger than the ones supplied in the kit. I've bent and even broke the stock ones but never the black FM337s.
To my understanding , the VZ004C is an upgraded version of the VZ004B. The dimensions are the same i think but the C allows a sturdier installation of the pillow balls. ie they have deepend the hole or beefed up something !! apparently there were complaints of the pillow balls slowly unscrewing themselves out !! In fact there is now the VZ004CH which is the C version of the VZ004H

So VZ004B upgraded to VZ004C and VZ004H upgraded to VZ004CH. So best stock arm would be the VZ004C and the best carbon arm would be the VZ004CH - to date.

and as if that wasnt enough , there are still those stocks of the original V-One-R/RR/Evo suspension arms hanging around ! so check the label before purchase ! got to hand ito to kyosho for the constant improvements but it is confusing sometimes keeping track of all the different versions of their parts ! I have three different rear suspension arms in my spare parts box and didnt even notice the difference until a month after my purchase !!

Also the FM337 pillow balls are much more durable than the stock , as most of you know the FM denotes it was designed initially for the fantom and is either a higher grade metal or hard anodized. the colour suggests its hard anodized but either way its much stronger ! the benefits of of 1/8 tech in 1/10 cars ! the only downside would be the cost !

And now perhaps someone can answer me this simple query about the FW05R , just curios really ! . In most of the pictures I have seen of the FW05R , no one seems to use universals on the driveline. Everyone seems to stick to the stock blue dogbones. Perhaps the colour is just too nice ! Even Josh Cyrul's ride uses the stock blue bones. I have limited experience with 1/10th shafties , ie I drive V-One-R variants , so just wondering why that is ? Wouldnt universals be more efficient in transferring power along the driveline ? I am actually out of the hobby at the moment , stopped just before the RR Evo came out and am looking to get back in sometime in the future and seriously considering the FW05R , well RR probably !!

Later guys !
Old 10-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCSavant
And now perhaps someone can answer me this simple query about the FW05R , just curios really ! . In most of the pictures I have seen of the FW05R , no one seems to use universals on the driveline. Everyone seems to stick to the stock blue dogbones. Perhaps the colour is just too nice ! Even Josh Cyrul's ride uses the stock blue bones. I have limited experience with 1/10th shafties , ie I drive V-One-R variants , so just wondering why that is ? Wouldnt universals be more efficient in transferring power along the driveline ? I am actually out of the hobby at the moment , stopped just before the RR Evo came out and am looking to get back in sometime in the future and seriously considering the FW05R , well RR probably !!

Later guys !
I have universals on my FW (and my stock dogbones were black, not blue). The universals are quite expensive and that might be why people are not upgrading right away.

If you are getting back also check the v-one rrr thread.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

The Dog Bones in the suspension area need to have float as the area they are in has a size that is constanly changing, using universals in this area will prevent backlash from the floating dog bones thus give better performance.

The dog bones in the central drive chain do not need end float, so they can be bushed up to eliminate most of the float, because the float it minimal the performance loss is minimal so universals are not really required.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah I figured that its not as important as the shafts are rotating more or less in line , ie not up and down/side to side. But still universals would be more efficient though wouldn't they ? Actually what got my pondering on this was when I saw a pic of Cyrul's car and it showed that he was using the stock blue bones. Surely when you're racing at his level , every bit of performance counts. Just wondering why he's not running universals. Actually as I mentioned earlier , most of the FW05's i've seen dont run universals on the driveline , and perhaps as Jeffrey said its down to cost but surely for Cyrul or other top FW05 drivers , thats not a factor !! not important though , just curios !

I am also looking at the RRR at the moment but I wont be getting back in till at least the end of the year so perhaps the V-One-RRRRR will be out by then ! who knows perhaps I will just go with whichever places higher in the Brazil worlds ! is the RRR even running at the worlds ? btw I sincerely hope they do not continue with this trend of tacking on a R at the end for the coming model ! three is about the limit i thing , even then its stretching it ... quite literally !!

and jeffrey , don't the black dog bones only come with the FW05S ? I thought all the FW05R kits came with blue dogbones on the driveline ? hmm..... so would the blue doggies be better than the black doggies !!
Old 10-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

I think it would sound better if they called it R3 instead of RRR, then they can go R4 R5 etc
Old 10-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by NiMo
I think it would sound better if they called it R3 instead of RRR, then they can go R4 R5 etc
But i think kyosho wanted to differentiate themselves a bit , V-One-R is quite a cool model name , and so was the RR. But I honestly did not think they would go with the triple RRR ! three is just about the limit , I would be very surprised if the next model was an V-One-RRRR or even a V-One-RRR Evo !

R3 just makes me think of a barracuda or schumacher ! brand differentiation probably had something to do with Kyosho's choice of model name. either that or they just like rolling them rrrrrrrr's !
also the V-One-S is now the V-One-S II , but i suppose a V-One-SS or V-One-SSS doesnt quite work as well ! perhaps the next model should be the V-One-R II , then V-One-RR II ! still lenghty but better than being swamped by all those R's !
Old 10-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If Kyosho would come out with a universal set for the center drive shafts people would be getting them. I think only 3Racing makes them and they are horrible. The stock blue dogbones are nice except they once in while throw the pins out( especially the rear one on the diff side). It's probably on Kyosho's "to do list".
Old 10-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
The stock blue dogbones are nice except they once in while throw the pins out( especially the rear one on the diff side). It's probably on Kyosho's "to do list".
You need to keep the pin area well greased otherwise they overheat.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:08 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

It also helps to put heat shrink over the drive cup.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCSavant
Yeah I figured that its not as important as the shafts are rotating more or less in line , ie not up and down/side to side. But still universals would be more efficient though wouldn't they ? Actually what got my pondering on this was when I saw a pic of Cyrul's car and it showed that he was using the stock blue bones. Surely when you're racing at his level , every bit of performance counts. Just wondering why he's not running universals. Actually as I mentioned earlier , most of the FW05's i've seen dont run universals on the driveline , and perhaps as Jeffrey said its down to cost but surely for Cyrul or other top FW05 drivers , thats not a factor !! not important though , just curios !

I am also looking at the RRR at the moment but I wont be getting back in till at least the end of the year so perhaps the V-One-RRRRR will be out by then ! who knows perhaps I will just go with whichever places higher in the Brazil worlds ! is the RRR even running at the worlds ? btw I sincerely hope they do not continue with this trend of tacking on a R at the end for the coming model ! three is about the limit i thing , even then its stretching it ... quite literally !!

and jeffrey , don't the black dog bones only come with the FW05S ? I thought all the FW05R kits came with blue dogbones on the driveline ? hmm..... so would the blue doggies be better than the black doggies !!
Oops, when I responded last time it was 2 in the morning and I did not read your post right. I too have blue dog bone for the drive train (i thought you were talking about the wheel shafts). The blue ones are fine and cheap to replace and since there is almost no play in the drive train I do not think UJs are necessary. In fact, as the stock blue bones are very light the UJs in comparison maybe adding unnecessary weight to the drivetrain.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
And... went it reach R10,000 they should call it V1R10K..
Old 10-08-2004, 06:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default IFMAR Worlds: Cyrul's car

Has anyone seen Mike's pix yet on Starting Grid?

Starting Grid > 2004 On-Road > #125: 1/10 IC Fuel On-Road World Championships

If the photo is correct. It looks as if Josh is running a V-One RRR and a new paint scheme. Maybe it's his practice body, but it definately isn't an 05RR.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default Re: IFMAR Worlds: Cyrul's car

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Has anyone seen Mike's pix yet on Starting Grid?

Starting Grid > 2004 On-Road > #125: 1/10 IC Fuel On-Road World Championships

If the photo is correct. It looks as if Josh is running a V-One RRR and a new paint scheme. Maybe it's his practice body, but it definately isn't an 05RR.
here it is
Old 10-08-2004, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: IFMAR Worlds: Kyosho Civil War

From what I hear, Kyosho is having a battle amongst themselves. Belt Team vs. Shaft Team.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.