Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 08:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yup - they are and others were like
Old 07-29-2004, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally posted by NiMo
Done 8 full meetings + a few practice days, and they show no sign of wear yet.
thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 04:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rjl
Don't they sound great under hard braking?
A very distinctive sound under braking.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey guys fixed my steering problem it was because the car came with a alloy (hop up) exhaust stay/mount and was wider in diameter than the orginal plastic one.

New problem!!!
for those of you who have the kawahara center conversion do you guys have free play in your rear driveshaft ? my fronts have free play but my rears seem stiff and everytime i turn the wheels i would hear abit of vibration i think due to the lack of free play in the rear driveshaft.
What i did tonite to the car was i re-oiled my rear diff so i took out the rear drivecup (towards the diff) but i forgot to look at it properly to install it properly but after looking at it and the instructions (in jap) i find myself that its the correct way and that there is no other way around it. Worst thing is i forgot or cant remmeber how it sounded like before i took the diff out!!! but i did add abit of diff oil (10k) inside the ring gear casing just a little well enough to make a puddle with the ring gear sits.
Anyone got any ideas? or is this normal?
Thanks in advance guys
Old 07-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Brain, I don't have an 05R yet, but doesn't the ZT kit ask that you trim some to the rear arms down for the new universals?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:03 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by BrainTeased
hey guys fixed my steering problem it was because the car came with a alloy (hop up) exhaust stay/mount and was wider in diameter than the orginal plastic one.

New problem!!!
for those of you who have the kawahara center conversion do you guys have free play in your rear driveshaft ? my fronts have free play but my rears seem stiff and everytime i turn the wheels i would hear abit of vibration i think due to the lack of free play in the rear driveshaft.
What i did tonite to the car was i re-oiled my rear diff so i took out the rear drivecup (towards the diff) but i forgot to look at it properly to install it properly but after looking at it and the instructions (in jap) i find myself that its the correct way and that there is no other way around it. Worst thing is i forgot or cant remmeber how it sounded like before i took the diff out!!! but i did add abit of diff oil (10k) inside the ring gear casing just a little well enough to make a puddle with the ring gear sits.
Anyone got any ideas? or is this normal?
Thanks in advance guys
Do not use silicon oil as a lubricant for the crown wheel and pinion, it's not very good as a lube. Use good quality high temp grease for this
Old 07-30-2004, 06:43 PM
Tech Champion

Default Starter box

What starter box seems to be the best for the fw05r? Could someone give some feed back and maybe post a picture. Thanks
Old 07-30-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've heard good things about the Team Magic X5 starter box aka "Trinity X5". You can find it at Tower Hobbies or if you are California, Hobby People. Some of the OFNA guys are using it with the CD3. The Mugen Pro Starter BII box also works really well although you'll have to get creative with your own adapter.

Old 07-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Starter box

Originally posted by Slotmachine
What starter box seems to be the best for the fw05r? Could someone give some feed back and maybe post a picture. Thanks
I have both the XTM one with the built in glow plug adaptor and the X5. The X5 works a lot better.
Old 07-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Default starter box

Thanks for the replys
Old 07-30-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Initiate

Talking starter box

hey guys

do u know where to find a substitution of the starter wheel for Trinity X5, if anyone have a website, please post up, i need it urgently!!!!!! thanks
Old 07-31-2004, 02:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by kidDynomite
Brain, I don't have an 05R yet, but doesn't the ZT kit ask that you trim some to the rear arms down for the new universals?
Im not sure as the instructions are in jap and it doesnt show any pic illustrations of shaving the rear arms down. i will have a look at it later. but i've been told not to tighten the rear bulkhead/ring gear case too tightly so ill give that a go later.

Thanks rjl yea i've been told to use teflon grease. do you reakon wheel bearing grease used on real cars work? :P
Old 07-31-2004, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BrainTeased
Im not sure as the instructions are in jap and it doesnt show any pic illustrations of shaving the rear arms down. i will have a look at it later. but i've been told not to tighten the rear bulkhead/ring gear case too tightly so ill give that a go later.

Thanks rjl yea i've been told to use teflon grease. do you reakon wheel bearing grease used on real cars work? :P
DO NOT HAVE THE GEAR CASE LOOSE!!
The diff and gears will move around and stip themselves and destroy the case.

Use something like the Tamiya Molibunum grease on the diff, it's zero drag.
Old 07-31-2004, 02:11 PM
Tech Master

Back from another day of testing, been trying out some foam tires as I am pushing the new foam touring class at our club.
I tried a number of Touring shells today to see how they performed:
Protoform Vectra - no front end
Protoform Chrysler - unstable
Protoform Dodge - good but not feel comfortable
Protoform Dodge 2.1 - fast but pushes a bit
Protoform Alfa 2.1 - loose rear
Vixen Skyline - good but a bit aggresive
Protoform MG ZS - the best, fast, relaxing, stable and 1sec per lap faster than anything else.

(only change to the car in all tests was the body mounts heights)
(Tires - Nitro Shoes - 26mm 40 front, 30mm 35 rear)
Old 07-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by NiMo
Back from another day of testing, been trying out some foam tires as I am pushing the new foam touring class at our club.
I tried a number of Touring shells today to see how they performed:
Protoform Vectra - no front end
Protoform Chrysler - unstable
Protoform Dodge - good but not feel comfortable
Protoform Dodge 2.1 - fast but pushes a bit
Protoform Alfa 2.1 - loose rear
Vixen Skyline - good but a bit aggresive
Protoform MG ZS - the best, fast, relaxing, stable and 1sec per lap faster than anything else.

(only change to the car in all tests was the body mounts heights)
(Tires - Nitro Shoes - 26mm 40 front, 30mm 35 rear)
NiMo, also try the Protoform Mazda 6 body. It is the most balanced and stable body I've found thus far. On the foam tire, I will suggest that you try to run the same hardness front and rear. It provide the most balanced handling that way. Finally, I never could get nitro shoes to work for me. Ellegi/Power/Arrow tires works a lot better for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.